Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 07 July 2020 - 03:48 pm

TDM taken camping N Yorks Moors- well it is a 9er

Are you in the pub by chance ? :lol:

Looks like a quick visit only for me tomorrow mate.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4302 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:29 pm

It's my phone it doesn't work very well on carpe and double posts sometimes.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4303 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:24 pm

Are you in the pub by chance ? :lol:

Looks like a quick visit only for me tomorrow mate.

Enjoyed the scenery and wide-open spaces to be found in the boozer Had.6 pints of 7% Stout  Tues afternoon followed by 4 hrs of sparked out - I blame the table service. Campsite is fully booked for the weekend ahead. There were only 8 people on site Tues & Wed. & we had a grand fire both nights - supper cooked on the fire Tuesday night. Wed lunch on meths burners & 7pm dinner in the pub.

Took my nylon Vango rather than the heavy F/10 - error - blinking rain last night was like popcorn exploding in your ear.. The bonus is that the tent is dry  and stowed when the F/10 would still be on the line.

Happy daze.

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#4304 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:21 pm

I would be comatose after two pints of 7% stout
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4305 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:28 pm

I would be comatose after two pints of 7% stout

Me an all and probably blind.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4306 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 02:06 pm

Pulled the trigger on a pair of rubbers - T31s  - I hope they live up to the hype and my expectations.

#4307 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 03:16 pm

Fitted on my new to me V46 box and milled out my M3 plate ready for the E105 brake light kit.
Thanks for this kit Ramo.

#4308 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 10 July 2020 - 04:11 pm

Rode it to check if the Booster plug made any difference.
Well I must admit I was sceptical, but it's like night and day.
30mph 4th gear 2200 rpm smooth, no lurches. Couldn't do that before. If it lasts I'm well happy. It's not often I am surprised but this seems to work well. Thanks are due to Ramo for putting me on to this.
I'm going to owe the guy a beer or two.

Edited by leehenty, 10 July 2020 - 04:32 pm.

#4309 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,668 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:27 pm

Pulled the trigger on a pair of rubbers - T31s  - I hope they live up to the hype and my expectations.

A colleague at work was telling me this week about them, on his CBR1000. his verdict was very posiive

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#4310 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:30 am

A colleague at work was telling me this week about them, on his CBR1000. his verdict was very posiive

Ta, nice to know that Chris :good:

#4311 DeeBee

DeeBee

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 53 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 11 July 2020 - 12:36 pm

I have been using T31,s for the last year or two and I am pleased with them, seem good in rain or shine.

The only thing is they seem to pick up a lot of grit and glass and as I found today 2 nails!

I commute into London and do a lot of filtering so it may just be bad luck, but every weekend when checking the tyres I am always pulling out chinks of glass or grit embedded in them

I can't remember so many on the PR3's I had a few years back.

I think I was lucky with today's nails, 1 very short, the other at an oblique angle and doesn't seem to have punctured, fingers crossed. I will keep checking pressures

#4312 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:09 pm

Rain or shine  :)  good to know :good:

#4313 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:45 pm

Put my new (to me) luggage on. Just brake light kit to fit in top box and I'm ready to tour.

#4314 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 July 2020 - 05:13 pm

Did an oil and filter change. :) Then knocked over the oil oil container. :(  Should stop the weeds(and any other lifeforms) growing there for a while. :)

Then I went for a 20 mile pootle to help get the new front tyre working.  Nice to have some dry weather.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4315 steve27bha

steve27bha

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 10:06 pm

Got mine out for the first time in 15 weeks.

Did a safety check, went to a local factory carpark for some SloMo practice, then off round the Culross ring anticlockwise to blow away the cobwebs.

Magic.

Except for the eejits blocking the road in Culross (I did a 180 and diverted) and the major two-car accident that had closed the Kincardine / Dunfermline road Eastbound. We were convoyed Westwards behind a lit-up cop car.

Still the best 40 miles for a long while.

TDM900A 2008/09 in use, with     gallery_179098_391_770.jpg sml_gallery_179098_391_1145.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1206.jpg gallery_179098_391_253.jpg gallery_179098_391_82.jpg gallery_179098_391_725.gif gallery_179098_391_797.jpg gallery_179098_391_1396.jpg gallery_179098_391_501.jpg gallery_179098_391_316.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1768.jpg gallery_179098_391_106.jpggallery_179098_391_2170.jpg gallery_179098_391_1373.jpg

CBX750FE in reserve; Cagiva N90 125 now rebuilt & in use.

#4316 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:02 am

Did an oil and filter change. :) Then knocked over the oil oil container. :(  Should stop the weeds(and any other lifeforms) growing there for a while. :)

😁 the same scenario made me swap the half stone/half grass frontyard for concrete a few years ago. Still knock over things, though...
Bjørge

#4317 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 12 July 2020 - 12:57 pm

the same scenario made me swap the half stone/half grass frontyard for concrete a few years ago. Still knock over things, though...

i use an oil bund and i can kick it (yes you can) and it just stubs my toe

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#4318 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 02:44 pm

Rode it 203 miles, made a couple of detours on the way home to Uppingham and stopped in Rockingham for tea n'cake. Saw a 1934 BSA V twin sidevalve outfit.

#4319 gautrek

gautrek

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:22 pm

Rode it 203 miles, made a couple of detours on the way home to Uppingham and stopped in Rockingham for tea n'cake. Saw a 1934 BSA V twin sidevalve outfit.

a black and red one? It may have been my mates

Edited by gautrek, 12 July 2020 - 03:23 pm.

Interested in very very old bikes with the ocasional newish one thrown in.

#4320 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 05:55 pm

Yes black and red, old fella with a lady the chair.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users