#1 jdelfino

jdelfino

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Location:Benalmadena Spain no more, The Hague no more, now Hampshire
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:45 pm

If anybody had doubts about who is the best, only need to see today's race :munching_out:

On top of that, all Italian motogp podium, :D

Sent from my secret Dick Tracy watch

#2 PassTheBuck

PassTheBuck

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:50 pm

He is The goat jdelfino, love the guy

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,211 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 30 August 2015 - 01:55 pm

Great !  No need to watch the race now.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 jdelfino

jdelfino

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:04 pm

Great !  No need to watch the race now.

Time warp? Aren't you in the UK? The race ended about one hour ago, you can watch it on your comp real time if you want to

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 02:13 pm

Watching it on my pc would use up most of my monthly download limit so I wudda watched it on TV tomorrow evening.  Same for a few other non-time warping UK residents. Plenty others will watch it on catch up tv and won't have seen the race yet.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 30 August 2015 - 05:52 pm

Oooh, in Moto2.....................................Moto3 was just f...............

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#7 divvxj

divvxj

has been here 4ever

• 1,296 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:23 pm

I liked the interview with Colin Edwards when wissi admitted to going back to Yamerhaw with his tail between his legs

#8 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:44 pm

Moto 2.......... From boring to brilliant in  3 races. Huge clangers on them riders racing on disintegrating tires. Loved the slo mo shots of the rubber flinging off. Wow.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#9 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,177 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:33 am

Watching it on my pc would use up most of my monthly download limit so I wudda watched it on TV tomorrow evening.  Same for a few other non-time warping UK residents. Plenty others will watch it on catch up tv and won't have seen the race yet.

yep totally agree studley  :good:

work shifts so I watch it on catch, then some  tvat spoils it,

jdefino. not everyones in the position to watch it live  :rant:

#10 jdelfino

jdelfino

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:55 pm

yep totally agree studley  :good:

work shifts so I watch it on catch, then some  tvat spoils it,

jdefino. not everyones in the position to watch it live  :rant:

Got it, next race results will be delayed for at least a week, just in case you accidentally run into a newspaper or sport news on tv you can always do this :

australia head In sand climate change

That way you'll be absolutely sure of not finding out the result!  :drinks:

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,211 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:20 pm

By all means chat about the results, just don't put it up in the topic title for all to see.  Then we'll all be happy. :)

#12 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 09:01 pm

Spoilers........ LOL. I have subscribed to the MotoGP website so we can watch practice, qualifying etc, and the racing, at a more civilised time. Thing is, after the race when you open the site their is usually a huge banner photo of the winner spraying champagne around the podium. Very annoying after spending 2 days off the interwebs and wearing a brown paper bag on my head.

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#13 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 12:57 pm

Forgetting a spoiler alert is easily done in the afterglow of an exciting race, as I found out once. It's the Rossi effect, he's just phenomenally brilliant.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#14 Wildbill

Wildbill

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:54 pm

Why would one waste such time watching/listening to that circus ?

There was and still is, proper motorcycle racing  available on line of the event previously known as the Manx GP.

The 500 race alone made the MotoGP circus look the boring  propaganda machine that it is.

That is all,..........carry on.!

Edited by Wildbill, 01 September 2015 - 01:55 pm.

Don't come preaching to me;you'll get chased down the road wiff a pitchfork.

#15 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:24 pm

Why would one waste such time watching/listening to that circus ?

There was and still is, proper motorcycle racing  available on line of the event previously known as the Manx GP.

The 500 race alone made the MotoGP circus look the boring  propaganda machine that it is.

That is all,..........carry on.!

Linky? Was taking about this yesterday but have seen no coverage.

#16 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,251 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:30 am

Linky? Was taking about this yesterday but have seen no coverage.

When the races are on you can get live commentary here http://www.manxradio...radioplayer/am/

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#17 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:22 am

Cheers. I heard Michael Dunlop pipped Bruce "the beard" Anstey. Pit stop decider. This stuff should be proper televised.

#18 hallrob1

hallrob1

has been here 4ever

• 1,098 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 03 September 2015 - 12:01 pm

There is a highlights program tonight on ITV4 but I'd guess it will mainly be Whitham/Parrish/Plater talking and riding some of the old bikes than much racing.

1999 Gilera Runner 125SP, 2002 Piaggio X9 250, 2004 Bandit 600, 2005 TDM 900, 2007 Honda CB1300S, 2008 Tiger 1050, 1996 Triumph Sprint 900, 2006 Tiger 955i, 2018 Triumph Tiger Sport,  2023 Triumph Tiger 900, XJR1300, 2011 (2009) TDM 900, 

Farkles - Laser Duo Techs, MTC Stainless Exhausts, Laser Duo Techs, Power Commander and custom map, Tenere 1200 Handguards, Yamaha Heated Grips, MRA Vario screen, SW Motech Alurack,  Givi and Hepco and Becker top boxes, Givi Engine bars, Garmin Zumo XT

#19 Oafski

Oafski

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 09:20 am

There is a highlights program tonight on ITV4 but I'd guess it will mainly be Whitham/Parrish/Plater talking and riding some of the old bikes than much racing.

Spot on, but thinking about it, the cost of multiple camera locations for more in depth coverage of the racing and the editing of this footage would probably not be covered by the advertising revenue generated by the TV show. The current format probably  is probably more geared to promoting the event as a "Classicfest"  rather than having a couple of races for Classic Era Bikes within the MGP as used to be the case.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

"Lags Droopfinger" The Biking Viking

OCD- Old Coffin Dodger

#20 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

full o shoite

• 2,050 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:02 pm

Spot on, but thinking about it, the cost of multiple camera locations for more in depth coverage of the racing and the editing of this footage would probably not be covered by the advertising revenue generated by the TV show. The current format probably  is probably more geared to promoting the event as a "Classicfest"  rather than having a couple of races for Classic Era Bikes within the MGP as used to be the case.

With a bit of lateral thinking the quality of POV and spectator footage could easily produce a highlights show. Just a case of coordination, contribution, production and editing. Cheap as chips compared to having HD and Ultra slow mo cameras scattered about. Could even have members of the general pubic doing interviews etc. Idea has merit IMHO.

Just sayin.

Hmmmm, could be money in this..Applies to any event. Whats the phone number for GoPro HQ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users