Photo

What A Day For Classic Bikes By Chance.......

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:56 pm

Went out yesterday Sunday 29 June 08.00am start from mine Breakfast at the "Penny Garth Cafe" at hawes at 09.15ish then I saw the first one of the day!.....all the bikes I encountered were just by chance, and thank you to the owners who went out for a bimble on Sunday and let me see them :good: anyroad enough bollox here's what I come across, startin with a cracking Z1 at Hawes just before we departed! :badgerrock:

Attached File  IMG_2921.JPG   194.64KB   0 downloads

Then an Enfield with diesel power at Masham.....some who have a Genny welder may recognise the power plant?

Attached File  IMG_2928.JPG   168.61KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2926.JPG   168.65KB   0 downloads

Then we headed North for home and had no reason to stop at Tan Hill but I spotted these bevvy of Beauties!

starting with the Squariel...

Attached File  IMG_2934.JPG   186.24KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2943.JPG   185.58KB   0 downloads

A Triumph Trophy..

Attached File  IMG_2937.JPG   180.92KB   0 downloads

A proper Enfield...

Attached File  IMG_2939.JPG   179.58KB   1 downloads

A nice Matchless.....

Attached File  IMG_2940.JPG   194.83KB   0 downloads

And check out the forks....

Attached File  IMG_2942.JPG   107.88KB   0 downloads

Then on to Hartside, where I met the mechanic who works at "Penrith Motorcycles" and his Kwaka W650 cafe racer, I've met him on this once before and fell in love with this bike, and has he got it well sorted, Ohlins on the rear, uprated springs and re-valved forks, the pipes arent for decoration and what music they make (Nearly had a trouser accident when he let rip leaving the car park :unsure2: )

Attached File  IMG_2950.JPG   194.38KB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2954.JPG   160.49KB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_2955.JPG   188.33KB   1 downloads

A great end to a great day, 240 miles, great weather, lot's of great bikes seen, good company, and most definately one of those day's you can reflect back on a crappy winters day and smile and give insperation to get out and do it again next year :good:

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#2 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:49 am

oooh that Zed 1 is nice, then so is that cafe racer  :wub:  Thanks for sharing.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#3 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:24 pm

The reaction was a bit slow......But I knew it would be an Engineer who would appreciate these fine macchines  :good: 

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users