• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GregN

GregN

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:23 am

I just came back from a trip down the Balkans. Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Albania, Greece.

xiv0217.jpg

My ride report is written in German, but some of you might like the pictures as well as have a look at the route map.

http://hothaus.de/greg-tour-2014/

http://hothaus.de/gr...4/showroute.php

You may also try the services of Google Translate, although it does a poor job on my prose occasionally.

https://translate.go.../greg-tour-2014

Cheers,

Greg

Edited by GregN, 08 July 2014 - 11:29 am.

Greg on the road

http://hothaus.de/greg-tour

#2 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:09 pm

Nice trip report Greg and some great photos. I've always wanted to ride to Greece and it's always inspiring to see others making the trip. Maybe one day.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#3 Scurve

Scurve

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 174 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:43 pm

Brilliant ride report and great photos.

Would love to tour the Greek Islands by bike some day.

:good: 

Scurve

#4 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:31 pm

Nice trip report Greg and some great photos. I've always wanted to ride to Greece and it's always inspiring to see others making the trip. Maybe one day.

Brilliant ride report and great photos.

Would love to tour the Greek Islands by bike some day.
  :good:

...........did it many years ago....pre TDM.......on a suzuki gt550 triple......only mention it since, if anyone's seriously considering it,
I chose to take an alternative route, and would truly recommend it....France, down the east coast of Italy to Brindisi, ferry to Igoumenitsa (24 hrs?) down through Greek mainland, then your choice of ferries from Patras / Piraeus or elsewhere to whichever of the 1500 (160 inhabited) islands you fancy.....
I did......Zakynthos, Cephalonia,Rhodes, Spetsis, Hydra.......as I recall, but all of those, or most, now more 'disco' than 'divine'......so chose carefully!.......but a memorable and epic trip.......follow the dream!

........Jiff.

#5 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:36 pm

Nice report Greg... that brings back memories of Mali Losinj, was a regular visitor with a big group of friends, we used to camp by the beach amongst the pine trees, you could travel far to find such clear waters.. looks like a great trip  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#6 Jole

Jole

sticking around

• 26 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:44 am

Hi GregN

Very nice trip and nice photos.

Your route was passing very close to my place were I live , (Sibenik , Dalmatian coast ) . I saw a lot of TDM's travelling , and I asked myself how many of them are members of this forum . Anyhow I am always willing to meet members of this forum , so If someone is travelling trough this area just let me know .

Cold beer and some chat can not harm :) .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users