Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Had Dealings With Jem Bike Shop At Batley?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Zorst

Zorst

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:12 pm

Has anyone had dealings with Jem Motorcycles over at Batley.

I'm looking at a bike they've got on the net, unfortunately not a TDM, so I sent them a nice, polite thorough message with my questions about the bike. And they've only answered one question.

This is the second time i've enquired about one of their bikes and I get the impression they don't give a fig.

One of those sales where purchaser has to do the work in order to get the bike he wants.

Zorst/Ken

Zorst/Ken

#2 akirasan

akirasan

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:53 pm

A friend bought a Triumph from there no problems. she saw it  wanted it bought it so shop had nothing to do

We went for a breakfast ride last year. busy place but no bikes outside only cars and staff ignorant I found bikes to be very expensive. its a posey trendy place personally spend your money elsewhere.

It was full of car/wanna be bikers

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:10 pm

If they can't be bothered at this point.... Imagine the after sales service!!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 Zorst

Zorst

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:23 pm

A friend bought a Triumph from there no problems. she saw it  wanted it bought it so shop had nothing to do

We went for a breakfast ride last year. busy place but no bikes outside only cars and staff ignorant I found bikes to be very expensive. its a posey trendy place personally spend your money elsewhere.

It was full of car/wanna be bikers

That's what I'm thinking, I can't believe the ignorance

Zorst/Ken

#5 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,668 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:23 pm

Has anyone had dealings with Jem Motorcycles over at Batley.

I'm looking at a bike they've got on the net, unfortunately not a TDM, so I sent them a nice, polite thorough message with my questions about the bike. And they've only answered one question.

This is the second time i've enquired about one of their bikes and I get the impression they don't give a fig.

One of those sales where purchaser has to do the work in order to get the bike he wants.

Zorst/Ken

I wouldn't be too put off, and phone them instead, then ask your questions one at a time.

They must get loads of questions from people who never show up when they say they will.

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#6 Zorst

Zorst

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:46 pm

I wouldn't be too put off, and phone them instead, then ask your questions one at a time.

They must get loads of questions from people who never show up when they say they will.

That's why I've sent them a message because of my past experience with them on the phone.

As they say put it in writing.

Zorst/Ken

#7 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:19 pm

HTH

11 reviews 2,5 / 5

https://www.autotrad...08/reviews/true

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#8 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,668 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:30 pm

That's why I've sent them a message because of my past experience with them on the phone.

As they say put it in writing.

hmmmmm looking at other peoples posts here they might well be a bit arrogant !

Do they happen to sell Harleys ? ;)

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#9 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:37 pm

Enough for me to walk, could'nt care less how busy they might be, if they want my money the very least they need to do is answer a few questions, plenty bikes elsewhere.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#10 Zorst

Zorst

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:55 pm

HTH

11 reviews 2,5 / 5

https://www.autotrad...08/reviews/true

Good grief. Nuff said.

Zorst/Ken

#11 filo

filo

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:56 pm

I've been a couple of times.
Guy l spoke to was friendly and helpful.
Trendy bike shed sort of vibe if you like that type
of thing.
try them mid week when they're not so busy perhaps.

#12 thelodger

thelodger

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 150 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:13 pm

Having read the reviews I would run a mile from this place. There are too many good bikes out there to bother with an unhelpful ( I'm being polite ) dealer.

#13 TDM900OZ

TDM900OZ

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 22 March 2018 - 10:43 pm

i have encountered this on several occasions, although I don't live in the UK any more, trouble is that some bike shops ( not saying it's the case here ) sell all kinds of crappy dodgy substandard chunk o shite bikes and will do/say anything to shift them,

So. you email a load of questions through to enquire about a bike and they sidestep them, or most of them.. IMO they won't put in writing anything that's not true or they can be taken to task for later, especially if you're miles away and "Oh we need a deposit or full payment to hold it for you"..

"give us a call mate" So on the phone they bullshit about everything, you go look at the bike and it's nowhere near as mint/clean/mechanically sound etc as they tell you.. "oh but everyones opinion of clean and tidy is different", Yeah course it is but bullshit it just that, bullshit.. just my 2c based on some experiences over the years.. If anyone isn't prepared to fully answer questions via email or text then personally I would look elsewhere.. :good:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users