Photo

RTT07 - Ruppertshofen, Rhine Valley, Germany.

• Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

#1 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:56 am

Hiya,
at RTT06 the boss asked where we should go next year, i suggested this place in Germany that i had recently stayed at.
So looks like i'm now the organiser blink.gif

After seeing the nice weather at this years RTT, looks like July is good biking weather, how bout
Wednesday 4th July to Wednesday 11th July (2007) yeahyeahyeah.gif

This gives a whole week to those that want it, ferries are cheaper mid-week and
if you cant get the time off, you can join us for just the weekend. smile.gif

I've spoken to the owners (Andre and Marie) and they can accomodate us at Ł20(or EUR 30) each for B&B a night.
The breakfast options are very good, continental or english, or anything you like.
Atmosphere is friendly and homely, but also professional. cool.gif
There is a pool table and darts in the games room out back, where there is also a wide variety of beers available at about a quid for a large bottle. good.gif
There are also 2 pubs in the village (but I havent visited them).

The roads around the village are very nice country roads, Andre said he is normally happy to help with planning of routes/good roads etc (so Amarko gets a break next year). wink.gif
Its only an hour from the Nurburgring, so those that fancy doing that can nip over there. yeahyeahyeah.gif

So, who's coming with us? tup.gif or tdown.gif

feel free to ask any questions and i'll do my best to find the answers pimp.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#2 duibhce Kaelann

duibhce Kaelann

has been here 4ever

• 1,147 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 19 September 2006 - 12:29 pm

sounds good.gif

looks like a great ride from where I live as well (straight through the Ardennes and the Eifel) yahoo.gif

but do they have enough beds?
Yamaha XJ600S Diversion '94
Yamaha XJ900S Diversion '97
Suzuki SV650S '01
Yamaha TDM900 '04

Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré '08 + Yamaha TRX850 '97

I'll let go of my throttle when they pry it from my cold, dead hands...

#3 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 01:23 pm

QUOTE(duibhce Kaelann @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but do they have enough beds?

yes, i believe so.
they have double rooms, twin rooms and some dormitory style rooms.
cant remember exactly, but it'll be big enough to cope with us lot.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#4 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:45 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, i believe so.
they have double rooms, twin rooms and some dormitory style rooms.
cant remember exactly, but it'll be big enough to cope with us lot.

tis looking good good.gif but you can forget me sharing a room with a bunk above you rotflmmfao.gif tongue.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#5 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:06 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tis looking good good.gif but you can forget me sharing a room with a bunk above you rotflmmfao.gif tongue.gif

lol sorry mate, i promise not to have liver & bacon with onions again sorry.gif

there is a room with about 5 single beds at one end of the top floor of the house, it has a couple of decent windows, so snorers (& farters) can go up there.
your ears&nose will get a break this time, i'll prob try and bag a twin room as likely to have pillion with me, hopefully i'll be heading off to the East after the RTT! yahoo.gif

My TDM :

#6 GrahamI

GrahamI

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:00 pm

OK, a few questions:
Is this open to anyone who hasn't been on a RTT before?
How many miles round trip do you think it will be?
What is needed to book and what is the latest drop out date if work plans change (might be "between jobs" soon)?

Is that enough to be going on with? smile.gif

Graham

Blue 2003 900 on 04 plate, Kappa Wingrack and side cases, Givi Maxia top box, Renthal 755 bars, Oxford heated grips, KTM handguards, centre stand, fender extender, Scottoiler Touring, 12volt socket

#7 bikemadme

bikemadme

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:23 pm

AYUP Toneski, i like ya tdm but aint it time to get a big boys bike? Anyway, seen ya photos, like tiger in a couple of them, the one's with the good looking chap in the blue with boots..Gota go now, reading Kes again so need to concentrate. blink.gif

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 19 September 2006 - 05:47 pm

Is there any camping available?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#9 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:06 pm

QUOTE(GrahamI @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, a few questions:
Is this open to anyone who hasn't been on a RTT before?
How many miles round trip do you think it will be?
What is needed to book and what is the latest drop out date if work plans change (might be "between jobs" soon)?

Is that enough to be going on with? smile.gif

yes tongue.gif
its open to all (inc 'bikemadme' who is most likely my mate Ray with the Tiger rolleyes.gif )
i've only been on 1 previous RTT and that was mainly TDMs, but there was also a ZZR, GS1200 etc (ps. what did Bondy's bro have?)
not all were from this site, some people heard about it and just turned up smile.gif
so all are welcome to come along, we are a pretty easy going bunch who like a good laff in the evenings. jester2.gif

From Dunkirk (Norfolkline ferries are much cheaper than the others for bikes) its just short of 500km, thats about 6hours riding if going straight there at the speed limit.
i'll prob take a day to do an A road bimble over there, avoiding the motorways once past Paris. yahoo.gif
if your planning to go just for the weekend then its going to be reasonably heavy going, a long weekend would make much more sense.
depends if anyone is going to do just the weekend, but Saturday will most likely be a 'tour' of the nice local roads(which are bloody fantastic empty fast country lanes). cool.gif
probably between 150 & 300miles with lunch/fag/coffee/photo stops etc (thats similar to RTT06 i believe ?)
At RTT06 we ended up with a couple of groups, a fast group and a sightseeing group and a few stragglers. the same will prob happen again.

we can sort out the other days activities once we have more idea of numbers and when people are going to turn up.

QUOTE(bikemadme @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AYUP Toneski, i like ya tdm but aint it time to get a big boys bike? Anyway, seen ya photos, like tiger in a couple of them, the one's with the good looking chap in the blue with boots..Gota go now, reading Kes again so need to concentrate. blink.gif

welcome to the site good.gif are you going to join us?

folks: let me know if there is anything you would like to do/visit/see while out there?

QUOTE(dapleb @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there any camping available?

dunno, i'll check

My TDM :

#10 duibhce Kaelann

duibhce Kaelann

has been here 4ever

• 1,147 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:34 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes tongue.gif
its open to all (inc 'bikemadme' who is most likely my mate Ray with the Tiger rolleyes.gif )
i've only been on 1 previous RTT and that was mainly TDMs, but there was also a ZZR, GS1200 etc (ps. what did Bondy's bro have?)
not all were from this site, some people heard about it and just turned up smile.gif
so all are welcome to come along, we are a pretty easy going bunch who like a good laff in the evenings. jester2.gif

If we can me and my gf on her Z750 will very much like to join you lot. Maybe for the whole week, maybe just the weekend. Will depend on work. I'm looking forward to meeting the other idiots on this forum. rotflmmfao.gif

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From Dunkirk (Norfolkline ferries are much cheaper than the others for bikes) its just short of 500km, thats about 6hours riding if going straight there at the speed limit.
i'll prob take a day to do an A road bimble over there, avoiding the motorways once past Paris. yahoo.gif

hmm, I must be looking at a different Rupertshofen here. Mapsource tells me Dunkerque to Rupertshofen is about 850km and eight and a half hours riding (mainly on motorways that is ranting.gif )

EDIT never mind that last remark, I seem to have been looking at the wrong Rupertshofen. The GPS coordinates on the hotel's website were very helpfull. 500km is about right in that case.

Edited by duibhce Kaelann, 19 September 2006 - 06:47 pm.

Yamaha XJ600S Diversion '94
Yamaha XJ900S Diversion '97
Suzuki SV650S '01
Yamaha TDM900 '04

Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré '08 + Yamaha TRX850 '97

I'll let go of my throttle when they pry it from my cold, dead hands...

#11 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:41 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your ears&nose will get a break this time, i'll prob try and bag a twin room as likely to have pillion with me,

Will that be the same "friend" ya haven't been biblical with yet Tony???????????? rolleyes.gif

Sounds like a good setup there in Krautland - looking forward to it - if yer "friend" gets bored y'know where she can come to.....................

Edited by dandywarhol, 19 September 2006 - 07:21 pm.

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#12 bikemadme

bikemadme

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:17 pm

Toneski,
just seen your twin pot tractor in the car park at work, it's got more bling and accessories than a knob happy gangster rapper, I hope the treacle your taking with you next week don't weigh more than 6 stone as between you, her, luggage and the accessories you bike is going to be running on it's rims, it'll look like a couple of Catherine wheels..anyway, i'll join you next year if there’s any places left.

P.S stop posting on this site during work hours as the company’s paying you more money than the combined third world debt and my shares are now so low I aint got enough to buy a second hand tdm.

#13 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:22 am

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there is a room with about 5 single beds at one end of the top floor of the house, it has a couple of decent windows, so snorers (& farters) can go up there.
your ears&nose will get a break this time, i'll prob try and bag a Double room as likely to have pillion with me, hopefully i'll be heading off to the East after the RTT! yahoo.gif

yeahyeahyeah.gif

Edited by amarko5, 20 September 2006 - 12:22 am.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#14 Buzz

Buzz

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:43 am

I'm on, subject to work. This is a great area of Germany and the roads are a treat. banana.gif banana.gif
There is nothing negative you can say about this part of the world so I suggest everyone who has a doubt dumps it and makes this the biggest RTT ever.

If I can be there I will - and for the week if possible

Good choice Toneski !!!!!
NOSTALGIA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE

#15 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:57 am

QUOTE(bikemadme @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P.S stop posting on this site during work hours as the company’s paying you more money than the combined third world debt and my shares are now so low I aint got enough to buy a second hand tdm.

even tho your's has 1 to many cylinders its still welcome tongue.gif
or you could always take the missus little GPZ.

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Wed 20th Sep 2006, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeahyeahyeah.gif

rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Buzz @ Wed 20th Sep 2006, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If I can be there I will - and for the week if possible
Good choice Toneski !!!!!

nice 1 good.gif thanks mate cool.gif

My TDM :

#16 Baron

Baron

has been here 4ever

• 1,076 posts
  • Location:Drum Castle (well, next door), Kincardineshire.....well, I am a Baron!

Posted 20 September 2006 - 05:14 pm

QUOTE(Toneski @ Tue 19th Sep 2006, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

your ears&nose will get a break this time, i'll prob try and bag a twin room as likely to have pillion with me, hopefully i'll be heading off to the East after the RTT! yahoo.gif

Isn't methane heavier than air? unsure.gif
Gone but not forgotten: 2007 TDM900ABS Competition White, datatagged, fenda extenda, tomtom rider 1, Yamaha main stand, Yamaha heated grips, HID headlights, Yamaha top box & city side cases, MRA Vario screen, CLS200 automatic chain oiler, Yamaha belly pan, DL650 handguards, Gi-Pro X gear indicator, SW-Motech Mirror Extensions, LED side light, Stebel Nautilus AIR HORN!!!!!

(1974....KTM Comet Cross, RD250B, XS750, Wife & kids, DT175, Suzuki GT500, XT500, XT500 (modified), ZX-10 (the 1st one!), Yamaha TT600R, Suzuki GT750B, GT750K, '04 TDM900, GSX1100F, '07 TDM900A, '06 FJR1300A

#17 Buzz

Buzz

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:43 pm

Try farting several times in a confined space (suggest large box) that you have weighed before farting. Weigh again after farting.

In order to validate this experiment I would suggest a two or three day diet of cabbage and pulses

puke.gif

Edited by Buzz, 20 September 2006 - 08:43 pm.

NOSTALGIA IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE

#18 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2006 - 08:28 pm

That sounds great Tony, just GRRRREEEEAAAT tongue.gif I'll be traveling Europe with me old fella then, so I'm hoping the BMW rider won't mind meeting up with a few lowly TDMers. good.gif He probably won't agree to a whole week of being slagged off for his bike though, so I'd say I'll only be there for a couple of days.

#19 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:07 pm

good stuff Tony!!

missus and meself will be there... double room.
E prolly with car and the fokkepies ... if dogs are allowed.
booking will be done asap...

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 21st Sep 2006, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-//- He probably won't agree to a whole week of being slagged off for his bike though, so I'd say I'll only be there for a couple of days.

Wrex didnt mind, he coped, he heven wore the yamaha Tshirt. allthough not OVER his vest as instructed tongue.gif
hoist yer dad into that yamaha Tshirt and we'll cut him some slack... or his tires if he refuses cool.gif
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#20 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 05:20 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Fri 22nd Sep 2006, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... if dogs are allowed.

will check.....

My TDM :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users