Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:25 am

Do you use the same temp gauge ?

+1

Or, whenever there is evaporation there is cooling.... dehumidifying ground which is constantly getting damp again produces a slightly cooled air layer at ground level

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#42 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 14 December 2018 - 01:34 pm

Thanks chaps. It's an outside remote sensor for the unit.... I have tried switching the units over and get the same result.

Come to think of it.....I have a posh UKAS calibrated thermometer so will have a go with that to make sure it's a true reading.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#43 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:00 pm

I am late to this and probably of no help whatsoever now. When I had to ensure humidity levels were constant for me timber stock and projects (after shutting out rain under the doors) I used one or two oil-filled 1Kw. electric radiators. This lowered and maintained humidity levels as required. Dry heat has great benefit. I did not insulate the ceiling as such but I lined it with polythene sheet to keep some heat in, and some dampness out. Just my pen'orth.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#44 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 05:02 pm

Thanks wobbo. I do have oil fired heater but only on when I'm there.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#45 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:56 pm

I have water coming in still through the wall where it meets the floor. Have sunsuccessfully tried to seal it (from outside and in). The water pools and then meanders through the lockup and out of a drain at the far end. I am now trying to divert the flow of water so that it runs down the side and not through the middle.

Any ideas on how to divert water running over concrete? It needs to be practical over a considerable distance (20ish metres).

So far have thought of a trench though don't really want to cause damage. A concrete hump, would take a fair amount of cement and not sure how water tight it would be.

As a temporary measure I tried some plastic membrane with a plank on top but the floor isn't level enough for that to seal and is too dusty for sealant.

I guess a bucket of bitumen or three might work!

#46 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:17 pm

When I moved to my house, I found that rainwater ran under the up-and-over doors to puddle inside. I put a ridge of concrete behind each door. No water ingress since.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#47 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:37 pm

Paint concrete with PVA before sealant under plank?

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#48 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:01 pm

Thanks chaps. Going to try bitumen paint and might try to paint my plastic membrane in..... Then will build on that if it snot successful.

#49 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:49 pm

Thanks chaps. Going to try bitumen paint and might try to paint my plastic membrane in..... Then will build on that if it snot successful.

Peat,  without re-reading the whole fred can yew tell me if the outside ground level is higher than the inside floor level?

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#50 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:05 pm

Same level. There are about 3acres of roof that gutters onto my roof and I think when it really pithes Doon the system is overwhelmed and the wall fills!!!

The outside is not pooled with water and it is also partially inside (barn within a barn).... But the water still comes in!! I have been there when it starts raining and tried to figure it out but have now decided that accepting the water but redirecting it is the only option without major investigations/expense.

#51 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:00 pm

Same level. There are about 3acres of roof that gutters onto my roof and I think when it really pithes Doon the system is overwhelmed and the wall fills!!!

The outside is not pooled with water and it is also partially inside (barn within a barn).... But the water still comes in!! I have been there when it starts raining and tried to figure it out but have now decided that accepting the water but redirecting it is the only option without major investigations/expense.

ok i get it, sounds as though any guttering that may be in place on your section of roof is simply overwhelmed by all the udder roofs draining onto it.  I think extra large guttering may help but thas not realistic as it'll be mega dollar. Be interesting to see how ya get on with the experiments. 

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#52 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:10 pm

Dont think bags of concrete should be a lotta wonga and build a small damn, well i spose it depends how much concrete you would need, tha's a big wall innit.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#53 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 12:09 pm

So plan in place:

Step 1: I painted a couple inches up the wall and a couple inches on the floor with bitumen paint... twice. After recent torrential weather there was less than an egg cup full of water from two previous leak spots... brilliant end of mission..but.

After further really torrential weather some new leak spots appeared further along...together with the original leak spots.....so time for step 2...

Step2: I applied another layer of bitumen paint and laid down a 2foot X lots of feet strip of plastic membrane into the still wet paint....then sealed the membrane to the floor with bitumen tape.

The wall still leaked so onto step 3....

Step 3:. Fold membrane bacon itself to create large waterproof gutter....the job is a carrot.

Attached File  IMG_20191114_124446.jpg   85.89KB   0 downloads

#54 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 November 2019 - 03:48 pm

Excellent, glad you look like you're winning.  :good:

#55 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:19 pm

Good job Dappers.  Hopefully we'll have less torrential rain for a while too.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#56 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 24 November 2019 - 03:21 pm

Goodun, now ewe need to be a bit more enterprising and sell that to all the others an all daps..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#57 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:26 pm

One leak after another at the Mo!!

Was able to fix the slugs OSR footwell swimming pool with some left over bitumen tape...

But don't think it's gonna help with the leak on t'other side. ;0)

Attached File  Screenshot_20191122-185937.png   163.06KB   0 downloads

#58 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:02 am

:huh:  Crikey, that's been leaking for a long time by the looks of it.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#59 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:52 pm

De Slug has served he well as ya must have buyed that back in about 2008?  Windy up n' down windows too,  so retro!   Can cut out the tin worm and weld in some plate as there must be anudder decade to come from that under stressed 1.9 (Non Turbo!) motor?

#60 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,105 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 09:39 am

A quick slugdate

Repair (very skilled..so obviously not mine). Painted with Dinitrol 4941 ...I did do that.
Attached File  Screenshot_20200418-102102.png   292.48KB   1 downloads

Black jacked for waterproofness

Atwix inner and outer wing...ideal crud gatherer and NO WHEEL WELL LINER .. by design!!!

I grafted a hatchback liner onto the crap 3"high existing plastic arch...yes there is a join there somewhere

Tidy up rest of arch while there

Jobs a carrot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users