#21 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:01 pm

I knew two people who had that supposedly waterproof Nokia that was out 7 or 8 years ago, who both independantly discovered that it could be dunked in a pint of beer without any problems...so long as nobody phoned it while it was in there biggrin.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#22 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:59 pm

Did they spill the beer answering it then ? tongue.gif

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#23 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:25 pm

Have a RonnieRickinson Active on the way, the lanyard being the key. Without that requirement oi would a troied the defoy plus..

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#24 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:34 pm

I just bought a Defy for £90 on Ebay. So far I like it a lot. I've already killed 2 mobiles with water, so I hope this one will stay dry--like me.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#25 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:13 pm

Just under 6 years of constant abuse. Falling into treader wheels, buckets of water, dropped every week on concrete, used on boike handle bars on and off road .....and the Xperia active died in me pocket!!! It then sprang back to life...long enough for me to retrieve slot of data.

New phone is ulephone armor 2. Ridiculously big and no lanyard arghhhhhh! Will see how long this one last daily torture...starting. ..now.

If anyone can suggest how this can safely be used on a boike/treader without a lanyard peas lettuce snow. I don't want to put it in a bag!!!!

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#26 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 10 February 2018 - 09:19 pm

Just under 6 years of constant abuse. Falling into treader wheels, buckets of water, dropped every week on concrete, used on boike handle bars on and off road .....and the Xperia active died in me pocket!!! It then sprang back to life...long enough for me to retrieve slot of data.

New phone is ulephone armor 2. Ridiculously big and no lanyard arghhhhhh! Will see how long this one last daily torture...starting. ..now.

If anyone can suggest how this can safely be used on a boike/treader without a lanyard peas lettuce snow. I don't want to put it in a bag!!!!

Looking at one they have lots of meaty screws that you can probably attach a lanyard around. 

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#27 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:35 pm

The indestructible ulefone armor 2 lasted 5 months before the speaker broke. 😀

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users