17 replies to this topic

#1 Lars

Lars

seems to like Carpe

• 73 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:14 am

Just a heads-up notice to those who may be interested and need to plan early:

Next year's MT of the German forum seems to happen close to the German-Czech border in the city of Oberwiesenthal in the "Erzgebirge" (Ore Mountains). Details of the meeting and accomodation are still worked out. Dates are probably June 7-10 2012.

I will keep you posted, feel free to contact me for updates.

#2 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:16 am

Tony, that would be pretty much on the route of your "broke google" tour...

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:04 pm

840 miles direct route from Brum.

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#4 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:49 pm

QUOTE(ChrisG @ Wed 27th Jul 2011, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tony, that would be pretty much on the route of your "broke google" tour...
good.gif
it'd be rude not too wouldnt it?

especially if its a bit earlier in June, then i could also justify going to the RTT in July hidden.gif

QUOTE(Lars @ Wed 27th Jul 2011, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just a heads-up notice to those who may be interested and need to plan early:

Next year's MT of the German forum seems to happen close to the German-Czech border in the city of Oberwiesenthal in the "Erzgebirge" (Ore Mountains). Details of the meeting and accomodation are still worked out. Dates are probably June 7-10 2012.

I will keep you posted, feel free to contact me for updates.

Lars, i'm going to split MT12 posts off to a new topic good.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#5 Lars

Lars

seems to like Carpe

• 73 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:30 am

ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE MT 2012 OF THE GERMAN TDM-FORUM

Date:
June 7 to 10, 2012
Early arrival as well as late departure possible.

Region:
Hotel am Fichtelberg (German page)--> Oberwiesenthal --> Erzgebirge

What is available?
Single, double (18sqm with a double bed or two single beds with bathroom with shower / WC) and family rooms (either as two double rooms with a connecting door, or as studio with separate bedrooms for children and parents and a big bathroom).
Space for 10 tents also available.

The rooms are classified as 'Classic' or 'Panorama'. Basically the rooms and furnishings are the same - the difference is only the that the 'Panorama' rooms are on the upper floors with a corresponding view.

There are also some smoker rooms, but only in the 'classic' category. In case you're interested, the booking form allows a corresponding selection.

How much?
Single: Euro 45.50 (Classic) and Euro 50.50 (Panorama) per person per night HB
Double: Euro 35.50 (Classic) and Euro 40.50 (Panorama) per person per night HB

Children aged 0 - 6 at no charge in the same room with the parents.
Children aged 6 - 16 in the same room with the parents Euro 10.65 (Classic) and Euro 12.15 (Panorama) per night HB
Children in a connecting double room or Studio Euro 17.75 (Classic) and Euro 20.25 (Panorama) per night HB

Tent: Euro 10 per tent per night (utilization of sanitary facilities in the hotel included), Euro 16 half board per person per day (optional)

No deposit needed. You pay on site.
Please note that a visitor's tax of Euro 1.90 is also applied per person per day.

How to book?
First coordinate with your room mates. Only then book the room. The booking is per room/tent, not per person.
Once you completed that, proceed with the booking on this page: Booking MT 2012. Your booking is binding.

If you book a tent, you can check the half-board option.

Be aware that the booking form is available in 3 languages. To switch, use the "[ D | E | F ]" switchbox at the top right of the form

By when do I have to book?
The hotel has not set a reservation stop date as of now. We would first like to wait for the response and then decide what quota for late bookings can be kept available. If you want to be sure to sleep in the hotel, book early.

For questions concerning the hotel and your booking please contact Mrs. Beck: c.beck@hotel-am-fichtelberg.de ,
Phone +49 37348-17 180

Using other accommodations
Those who do not stay in or outside the hotel, please send a confirmation email to buchungen-mt2012@tdm-forum.net with the following information:
  • Name
  • Nick (preceeded by (carpe) just in case)
  • Arrival
  • Departure
  • Quarters

You can still order half board in our hotel for Euro16, or dinner only for Euro 10. IF we have a BBQ, we will communicate the prices later.

Important Note/Disclaimer:
We are not a travel agent. For all bookings - cancellations - accommodation and other services the conditions of the hotel apply. There is no one in the TDMF or organization team who is liable for anything in this regard, or putting his head on the block for you, not even for prices, information, good weather or the absence of diseases.

#6 Lars

Lars

seems to like Carpe

• 73 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:41 am

And to add to the above: Like for the MT11 I will try to help you with any obstacles or questions you may face. There is a dedicated thread in the german forum for international guests, and I will monitor this subforum as well. Of course you may as well send me emails or forum mesages directly.

Hope to see many of you in Oberwiesenthal.

#7 Lars

Lars

seems to like Carpe

• 73 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:35 am

No alert, just a question (as there was no reply/reaction whatsoever):

Is it just too early to discuss a continental tour for next year? Are all urges for a long-distance tour satisfied now for a few years?
Don't get me wrong: We are nowhere short of rooms and I don't expect a massive booking activity yet. I just don't see any kind of reaction to the announcement, and I wonder if the sub-board/thread is not watched by anyone...

Greetings from (currently on vacation in) northern Italy,
Lars

#8 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:05 am

QUOTE(Lars @ Fri 2nd Sep 2011, 08:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No alert, just a question (as there was no reply/reaction whatsoever):

Is it just too early to discuss a continental tour for next year? Are all urges for a long-distance tour satisfied now for a few years?
Don't get me wrong: We are nowhere short of rooms and I don't expect a massive booking activity yet. I just don't see any kind of reaction to the announcement, and I wonder if the sub-board/thread is not watched by anyone...

Greetings from (currently on vacation in) northern Italy,
Lars

I have been watching it Lars,

Its just a bit early for me yet to make plans for next year, but i will keep watching this topic good.gif

2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#9 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:44 am

Hi Lars, I'm keeping an eye on this too cool.gif
still waiting to find out about the Carpe RTT and also a possible Austrailian trip before i make a decision wink.gif

if previous years RTTs are anything to go by a busy year with a mainland based tour is normally followed by a quiet UK meet as most people cant or dont seem to want to repeat every year

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#10 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:52 am

Too early for me too, I enjoyed last year and MT08, so will be comming to antoher one, but I tend to be a last minute planner biggrin.gif

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#11 Lars

Lars

seems to like Carpe

• 73 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:45 pm

Thanks for the quick replies! I fully understand all mentioned reasonings.
Whenever there are questions regarding the German meeting, just contact me.

In the mean time I try to stay on top of planned carpe meetings for next year. Feel free to contact me if you want anything to be "published/announced" to the German forum.

#12 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:03 pm

I reckon I'm up for this again, really enjoyed MT11 wink.gif

#13 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:28 pm

QUOTE(Lars @ Fri 2nd Sep 2011, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the quick replies! I fully understand all mentioned reasonings.
Whenever there are questions regarding the German meeting, just contact me.

In the mean time I try to stay on top of planned carpe meetings for next year. Feel free to contact me if you want anything to be "published/announced" to the German forum.

Thanks Lars

we'll get on to sorting out next years RTT shortly, we just aint as organised as you guys wink.gif

My TDM :

#14 Lars

Lars

seems to like Carpe

• 73 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:25 am

Just to put this event back in memory after the break. The MT12 as the annual meeting of the german-speaking TDM forum is still on track and happy to welcome all friends, local or abroad, TDM riders or sympathisers.
For details, please review the announcement some way up this thread. if you have questions, you may post here, but as i am not a daily visitor, please contact me directly as well!

Hope to see some of you (again)!

Lars

#15 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:11 pm

Shame as that clashes with the end of TT race week (8th June is Senior Race day) Would probably be interested a week or 2 later, otherwise its unlikely I could even get on the ferry that week and still own both arms and both legs laugh.gif

Hope you have a good meet.

Edited by Manx900, 05 January 2012 - 07:12 pm.

MotoGuzzi Norge 1200GT. for Euro touring
Triumph Street Triple. For those hooligan moments......
Beta Alp 200. For falling off In muddy bits.
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

#16 Lars

Lars

seems to like Carpe

• 73 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:47 am

Another update, though it seems like carpe-UK will not be represented at this year's MT in Germany...

Our room contingent at the hotel is guaranteed until April 4th. After that there may still be the chance to book a room, but that will not be certain any more.

We will have an event t-shirt again. More details (in German) can be found here.

As there is currently no shipping planned, t-shirts should be collected at the event.
If you still plan to come and get a shirt, please send an email to tdmfmt-shirt@web.de with
Full name:
Nick: (prefixed with (carpe) )
Front print: (one line only)
Size: (XS to XXXXL)

As direct cash transfer is not so easy from the island, we will find a way to get your money (as you would guess of us Germans, right? wink.gif )

Best regards,
Lars

#17 paddy900

paddy900

roondaboot

• 1,246 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:23 am

Hi Lars,

I wont be making it over the MT12 this year,

I am the RTT manager for this years event,

We are holding it for the 1st time in N-Ireland,

You are very welcome to join us,

We have already got 1 rider from Germany coming over to join us Limbo
2003 TDM900 in Yellow....Best Colour, Fender extender, Oxford Heated Grips, Givi luggage, Mirror extenders, GS1150 Handguards, Matching seat cover, Belly Pan, R&G crash bungs, Touring screen, Meta alarm, K&N Air Filter,
Centre Stand, Scottoiler,Carbon Cans......really loud, Stainless steel Rad Guard, 12v Accessory socket,

Join us on Facebook

#18 Lars

Lars

seems to like Carpe

• 73 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:18 am

Hi Paddy,

QUOTE(paddy900 @ Tue 13th Mar 2012, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are very welcome to join us,

I can assure you I am monitoring the RTT thread at least on a weekly basis. At the moment I am a bit distracted at the other side of the globe, but I am still considering joining all of you. Will let you know of my plans as soon as I have any rolleyes.gif

With regards from Bangkok,
Lars

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users