#21 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,217 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 12 October 2022 - 07:44 am

Ok Chris. Mole has contacted the wife of the seller of the engine. It's a long story but basically the engine was sold as a runner. Unfortunately the seller had a serious accident that has left him brain damaged but his wife will ask him if he remembers what the mileage was and she will get back to Mole today.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#22 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 4,676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 12 October 2022 - 09:26 pm

Ok Chris. Mole has contacted the wife of the seller of the engine. It's a long story but basically the engine was sold as a runner. Unfortunately the seller had a serious accident that has left him brain damaged but his wife will ask him if he remembers what the mileage was and she will get back to Mole today.

Cheers muchly.

I'll be patient and hold on

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#23 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts

Posted 15 October 2022 - 03:40 am

Ok Chris. The engine has done 12,500 miles. If it doesn't sell before the 24th it will be going to auction on the 24th October, along with the other bike stuff. Sooooo, grab a bargain mate :)

I'll post up a link to the auction as soon as.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#24 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts

Posted 16 October 2022 - 06:35 pm

Auction starts tomorrow Chris, so if you want the engine please let me know as soon as. I'll post a link to the auction when I get it

#25 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 09:03 pm

Auction is live and ends tomorrow at 7pm

9'er engine https://www.symondsa...c79adaa6?ic=144

All lots.  Search facility.  https://www.symondsa...9430d6a3?ic=144

#26 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 25 October 2022 - 08:08 am

would bid on the carbs but a bit far away to collect .

cant see if the would be boxed for courier collection 

I think a lot will go for next to nothing or very low as others about the country will have the same problem

#27 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,759 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 25 October 2022 - 08:17 am

A good few parts eh, Lot # 94, i'm pretty sure Ken bought this item from me ! and if so the fuel tap is brand spanking new, cost £70 from Fowlers so could be a bargain for somebody.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#28 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,120 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 October 2022 - 01:21 pm

would bid on the carbs but a bit far away to collect .
cant see if the would be boxed for courier collection 
I think a lot will go for next to nothing or very low as others about the country will have the same problem

Well done chaps. Thank you for the massive efforts SR. Very proud of you boys.

If anyone is interested in bits I can transport them to Oxon for collection if that helps and possibly deliver if atwix devonia/oxon if bits are still devonia based?

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#29 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 08:31 am

Damn, I just forget to check back here.

Sale for the engine says it's ended.

Hopefully it's gone to a good home

#30 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts

Posted 26 October 2022 - 09:03 pm

Damn, I just forget to check back here.

Sale for the engine says it's ended.

Hopefully it's gone to a good home

Mole might still have the engine Chris, it didn't reach reserve.  Want me to find out for you ?

#31 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 27 October 2022 - 08:29 am

Loads of stuff went unsold, i had forgotten about it tbh..

#32 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 27 October 2022 - 10:05 am

pity on the carbs i offered £100 on Facebook  but couldn't bid as no postage offered

i think the bits would sell if boxing for couriers could be offered

#33 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 10:17 am

Mole might still have the engine Chris, it didn't reach reserve.  Want me to find out for you ?

Yes please, thanks for offering.

I would be driving down to collect it if I can't find a cheap pallet service, so if there was something else someone wanted and I could transport it Northwards for them I could help with that.

#34 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 11:37 am

Still for sale, I've sent you Mole's number mate. :good:

#35 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 31 October 2022 - 02:10 pm

Still for sale, I've sent you Mole's number mate. :good:

Cheers, I'll call soon

#36 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 05:53 pm

Chris. Mole came across an FB post by Wicky about the engine, in which he says......

Ya picked it up ferra song deudder day. It's bin down the road as the generator cover is gouged but it'll do. Chap said 'I'm not sure if it runs right or not as it had a problem many years ago and was removed and a used Enjun was slotted in'. Straight away I guessed either the windings in the generator are toast or the cam chain slipped due to the original tensioner playing up. I have just noticed the cam chain adjuster bolts are indeed lose and the cam cover has definitely been removed and poorly refitted as there is an excess of liquid gasket so this could be a scrapper or if the timing is only slightly out it'll be fixable.

Soooo, would you still be interested mate ?  Obviously it'd cost less than previously mentioned.

#37 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 09:47 am

Chris. Mole came across an FB post by Wicky about the engine, in which he says......

Ya picked it up ferra song deudder day. It's bin down the road as the generator cover is gouged but it'll do. Chap said 'I'm not sure if it runs right or not as it had a problem many years ago and was removed and a used Enjun was slotted in'. Straight away I guessed either the windings in the generator are toast or the cam chain slipped due to the original tensioner playing up. I have just noticed the cam chain adjuster bolts are indeed lose and the cam cover has definitely been removed and poorly refitted as there is an excess of liquid gasket so this could be a scrapper or if the timing is only slightly out it'll be fixable.

Soooo, would you still be interested mate ?  Obviously it'd cost less than previously mentioned.

Appreciate the update, I've been away a few days and despite trying hard to pick up work down in Bristol before Christmas, which would cover my expenses to collect the engine, I can't get anything lined up, so I'm probably going to have to leave it now anyway. Appreciate your help so far.

#38 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 10:15 am

Ok, cheers Chris. I think Mole has a buyer for it. :good:

#39 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,676 posts

Posted 12 November 2022 - 09:17 am

Ok, cheers Chris. I think Mole has a buyer for it. :good:

Hope so :good:

#40 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,120 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 26 November 2022 - 07:24 pm

Its been releaaed into the herd.
╰( ・ ᗜ ・ )➝
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users