• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rostyle

rostyle

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:39 pm

I have made the decision to sell the 900 i bought a short while ago as i don't have the time to spend fixing the issues

It has suffered from corrosion probably been left under cover for a long period allowing the electrical connections etc to corrode, although I have done my best to address these i find more problems each time I work on the bike.

The story so far.......

I bought and rode back from Portsmouth on the bike around 6 weeks ago during which the rear brake must have been slightly binding which blued the rear disc and calliper.

During replacement I also checked the rear wheel bearings which were also rebuilt

I was also advised to strip and check/replace or regrets the swing arm and suspension link bearings and bushes. These were all stripped down , cleaned greased and rebuilt

On my first ride out the indicators stopped working so i set about trying to repair the fault

Once the fuel tank and air box were removed the corrosion could be clearly seen and most of the connection blocks fused together with corrosion. After many attempts to clean the terminals as best I could I rebuilt the bike to find there was no ignition at all.

Stripping the tank etc again i found the main power lead to the main switch corroded so replaced the connection  and rebuilt it again....

This time it started on the button and the indicators worked...... :)

I knew i had a broken terminal on the fan relay so i removed this and soldered a wire on the broken terminal as a temporary repair, started the bike until hot and the fan cut in as it should.....great I though the problems are being sorted.

I though i would take her for a spin and guess what... no indicators!!!!

So after many hours of spannering I came to the decision I don't have the time needed to get involved to strip the bike and replace or doctor all the electrics so I decided to put the panels back on and sell her as a runner with no indicators

BUT

When i tried to start her again the engine just turns over an won't fire up!!!!!

code 19 has come up on the display which is open circuit from the side stand from what i can gather

I really can't spend any more time on the bike so Im offering it on here first before the ebay vultures swoop if i end up breaking her

The bike has done around 36k has just under a years MOT and when she ran was fine

Has a new battery

Scott oiler (behind number plate)

centre stand

Good tyres

good chain and sprockets.

Oxford heated grips (not working, haven't even tried to fix them!!)

Bad points are

forks badly pitted(not leaking )

general corrosion 

It would either be a great winter project or good for spares

I paid £1000 but i am open to sensible offers, i will only break her if I really have to

I only seem to be able to add on picture per post so will try to put more up

Thanks for looking

Attached Files

#2 rostyle

rostyle

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:34 am

I have now managed to get the bike running and the indicators working with a bit of further terminal cleaning!

I am still offering the bike as spares/repair but at least she can be ridden away now

Still open to offers.......

#3 rostyle

rostyle

seems to like Carpe

• 72 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 03:07 pm

Now sold, not sure how to edit the description bar.......

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,105 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 13 July 2018 - 04:45 pm

If you use the full version and select edit/more options.

Have done it for ewe.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users