7 replies to this topic

#1 tdm850tdm

tdm850tdm

sticking around

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:40 am

Up for sale is my Yamaha TDM850. I bought the bike 2 months ago as a project to keep me busy. Now that it's finished I'm going to search for another TDM to do up.

The bike was previously black with yellow wheels, so was an ideal candidate for a makeover. It also backfired on the overrun, and this has now been sorted by PDQ motorcycle developments, Taplow, by replacing the emulsion tubes/needle jets, and runs beautifully.

Further details:
- 26700 miles (approx.)
- Deep pearlescent red
- Fantastic condition
- MOT and Tax until end of October
- Oil and oil filter replaced, with fully synthetic and champion filter respectively, in the last 200 miles
- Stainless steel exhaust system, including downpipes. Sounds very fruity without being obtrusive. Has all road legal markings. This has a very shallow dent about half way down which is shown in the pictures
- Yuasa battery which was expensive and works very well. Bike starts immediately on the button.
- K&N air filter. Cleaned in the last 200 miles so shouldn't need doing again for quite a while.
- Stainless steel braided brake lines. Braking on this bike is necksnapping compared to previous bikes I've owned and these upgraded brake lines make a big difference.
- Recent respray. Due to old paintwork looking tired: NOT due to dropping the bike etc. The bodywork was done by an experienced sprayer to a very high standard. Also, I get compliments on the colour whenever the bike is parked up.
- In terms of consumables both tires have loads of life left, as do the brake pads. The chain and sprockets are also fairly new and won't need replacing for a very long time.

Overall, it is very difficult to fault this bike, and any inspection is welcome. If you have any questions at all or would like to view the bike just e-mail, I'm about most of the time.

I'm in Maidenhead, Berkshire. Contact me at sam@ashburner.plus.com.

£1095 ono

Ebay link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...Vie...E:IT&rd=1
(would be happy to sell through eBay but also quite happy not to, this is why my post is in this section not the eBay section)

Pics:
http://www.myonlinei...?memberid=19251

#2 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:08 pm

Very nice job.

Mr G, get this one and you can have it converted to Belgian specs and still have change for petrol.
Plus you get to go to the UK and have a nice ride back. smile.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#3 tdm850tdm

tdm850tdm

sticking around

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:06 pm

Thanks for that Thomas. I've really enjoyed working on this bike and am hoping to find another TDM to satisfy my perfectionist urges on.

Mr G, get in contact! I'm sure converting to European spec would be easy (headlight dip direction - can't think of anything else?). Having said that, do bikes actually have a 'directional dip' as I've not noticed on any I've owned.

Thanks

Sam

#4 tdm850tdm

tdm850tdm

sticking around

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:28 pm

BIKE NOW SOLD

#5 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:44 pm

QUOTE(tdm850tdm @ Mon 15th May 2006, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BIKE NOW SOLD

begorra thats a sweet looking mkI, no wonder it went so fast smile.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#6 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:46 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Mon 15th May 2006, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
begorra thats a sweet looking mkI, no wonder it went so fast smile.gif

Agreed... love the 'deep pearlescent red'
if I ever get around to repainting I may go that way. (With Mk2 TDM decals)
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.

#7 tdm850tdm

tdm850tdm

sticking around

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:21 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Mon 15th May 2006, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed... love the 'deep pearlescent red'
if I ever get around to repainting I may go that way. (With Mk2 TDM decals)

Yer, very easy sale guys. Had 2 people lined up to view it today after putting it on eBay at 15:00 yesterday: the first guy took it! We settled on £970 as he had to cash there and then and wasn't bothered about dent on the exhaust, lack of bash plate etc. (I scratched the bashplate pretty badly on Saturday and was going to repaint it and the pillion peg hanger before the end of the auction) I probably coulda got a few more squids for it but I'm just an impatient kinda person: I had only ridden the bike for 2 weeks after all!

See if I can find a mint mk2 TDM now good.gif

BTW tdm850rider, I was trying to get the candy red from the 2004/05 R1 but it was £200 in total for a litre of each coat, so searched for a similar colour and picked Audi Garnet Pearlescent Red (paint code LZ3F if you're interested). Looks alrite in those pictures but is truly stunning when the sun comes out. I went for the MK1 decals as wanted to keep it fairly original, and they fit better anyway)

Edited by tdm850tdm, 15 May 2006 - 09:25 pm.

#8 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:41 pm

QUOTE(tdm850tdm @ Mon 15th May 2006, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yer, very easy sale guys. Had 2 people lined up to view it today after putting it on eBay at 15:00 yesterday: the first guy took it! We settled on £970 as he had to cash there and then and wasn't bothered about dent on the exhaust, lack of bash plate etc. (I scratched the bashplate pretty badly on Saturday and was going to repaint it and the pillion peg hanger before the end of the auction) I probably coulda got a few more squids for it but I'm just an impatient kinda person: I had only ridden the bike for 2 weeks after all!

See if I can find a mint mk2 TDM now good.gif

BTW tdm850rider, I was trying to get the candy red from the 2004/05 R1 but it was £200 in total for a litre of each coat, so searched for a similar colour and picked Audi Garnet Pearlescent Red (paint code LZ3F if you're interested). Looks alrite in those pictures but is truly stunning when the sun comes out. I went for the MK1 decals as wanted to keep it fairly original, and they fit better anyway)

Luverly colour... Someone here posted a pic of his/her Mk1 TDM850 w/ Mk2 TDM decals... it was grey.
Can't find it now. Least they 'looked' like Mk2 decals. Either way I liked the look of them.
Posted Image

£

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users