850 going for 900

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 18 March 2006 - 09:54 pm

Unfaired, Italian Red, P reg (1997).
45,000 miles.
12 month MOT, no Tax.
Standard condition, standard exhaust. Rear grab rail is the only extra.

Not used since getting my TDM in March 2005. Before that it was frequently for travel to work and the odd day out. Its been standing in the garage since then. Took it out just a week ago to prepare it for an MOT. The front brake pads had rusted to the disks. Cleaned up the disks but it still suffered a lot of vibraton under hard braking. It passed the MOT but with a note to the effect that the brakes needed attention. Which was fair enough. Hence....

Just serviced.
Brand new EBC front disks, never used. In fact, only just ordered them. Will fit 'em.

Mechanical condition.
Rear disk replaced only a few thousand miles ago with EBC disk.
Tyres are Bridgestone BT020's. Front has about 5000 miles left. Rear maybe 2000, depending on use.
Chain is OK, although it has done 20,000 miles.
Fork seals and bushes replaced about 18 month ago.
Rear shock is still original.
Both throttle cables just replaced with Suzuki parts.

Runs and rides fine. Condition is, well, not so good. From 10 feet away it looks OK, but close up its less than perfect...
  • Ran over a dog (sorry dog) about 4 years ago and came off. Tank is dented and some other parts are scratched (mirror ends, tacho, one side panel).
  • Scratched Exhaust. Original exhaust was replaced 4 years ago after the accident, but the replacement had also been down the road and is scratched.
  • Some fins from the engine have been bashed off.
  • Some rust spots on the frame.
I'll post some pictures on here once I figure out how to do that. In the meantime, if you're interested, either email me or post a reply giving your email address and I can email some pictures of the bike. It looks OK in the pictures. Amazing what you can do with Adobe Photoshop. Only joking.

Bike is in Bolton, Lancashire.

Asking just £950 OVNO.

Edited by tdm850rider, 09 July 2006 - 06:47 pm.

#2 SteveGlover

SteveGlover

850 going for 900

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 April 2006 - 10:39 am

Managed to get £900 for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users