• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 loadedmind

loadedmind

discovering Carpe

• 14 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:58 pm

So, the mechanic I took my bike to was absolutely freaking clueless and ended up leaving screws out of the bike, which I only later found out after having removed the gas tank.  He pleads amazement, although it was together before.  Anyway, so I need to buy the screw sets for the air filter screwing into the bike, the screws for the top fairing piece and the mount screws for the tank (including rubber rectangular pads) that mount to the bike frame.  Anyone have a source?

--

"Not all who wander are lost."  ~ J.R. Tolkien

#2 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:30 pm

I use a2a4 fixings in Southampton.

http://www.a2a4.com/

I replaced my Fairing screws with button cap allens I think they are M5 x 25 off the top of my head.

I'm sure they do the self tapping screws for the air filter box too

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#3 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:46 pm

I use a2a4 fixings in Southampton.

http://www.a2a4.com/

I replaced my Fairing screws with button cap allens I think they are M5 x 25 off the top of my head.

I'm sure they do the self tapping screws for the air filter box too

It being a mk1 and the text being a bit yankish I think he might be over the pond Drewpy

#4 redrex

redrex

really likes Carpe

• 84 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:09 pm

Have you tried asking the 'mechanic' to get them for you ? Loads of places in the US to buy them if you want genuine Yam bits. 

#5 loadedmind

loadedmind

discovering Carpe

• 14 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:20 pm

Yeah, I don't usually go to the mechanic for parts because they tend to overcharge.  I'm in Texas.  Thanks for the recommendation on the UK-based site, but think I'll keep trying U.S.-based places.

--

"Not all who wander are lost."  ~ J.R. Tolkien

#6 redrex

redrex

really likes Carpe

• 84 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:41 pm

The mechanic who left the parts off the bike should be replacing them for free.

#7 g650xtdm

g650xtdm

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:15 am

I get most of my OEM stuff from Boats.net ( http://www.boats.net...1993/parts.html  ).  But McMaster-Carr has any fastener you could ever want and probably a fair bit cheaper.

You must be a very understanding Texan to tolerate being called a Yankee. :rotflmmfao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users