#81 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 19 October 2020 - 03:48 pm

Typical of me innit, get so fixated on what the problem is'nt, defo thought the throttle shaft was boogered, also i released the return spring and still did'nt notice it was jammed up...

Not on the bike yet, no point as in work so it can wait until i'm off now, i have put them back together on a level surface and checked with a level gauge and then i've bench synced them, should help start up then i'll sync em on the bike, the actual throttle stop is the rail that joins the carbs together on these mk2a. Any issues i'll use me mk1 carbs as have a float bowl on the way now...but hopefully a bit of vroom vroom soon, again.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#82 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 07:13 pm

On and working, shat meself when it started up at 5000 revs though  :lol:  lost me likkle fuel filter, put it somewhere safe so i could find it  :unsure2: no time for a test run though, crap weather..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#83 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 October 2020 - 07:16 pm

Whoop whoop. Some testing to be done now dabs.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#84 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 09:54 pm

Yup, alas it will be another weekend now, work beckons....

#85 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 26 October 2020 - 08:54 am

:badgerrock:

That'll bed the piston rings in eh. :lol:  

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#86 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 26 October 2020 - 09:08 am

"do not labour the enjun" tick. ;0)
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#87 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 12:42 pm

:lol: truly bedded in, it's got 300 miles of use already and it was turned off again right away to adjust the idle screw which of course resulted in the opposite till i got it twiddled in..

Bjorge....mk2 cables fit okay although you may have to adjust your handle bars accordingly, if you have bar risers your prolly good but my throttle grip could do with scooting round more 900 style or longer brake lines to fit the risers back on, as my throttle grip is pinned in a drilled hole a new one would only be 1cm away which is a bit dodgy.. anyway you should be golden..

#88 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 October 2020 - 02:01 pm

Bjorge....mk2 cables fit okay although you may have to adjust your handle bars accordingly, if you have bar risers your prolly good but my throttle grip could do with scooting round more 900 style or longer brake lines to fit the risers back on, as my throttle grip is pinned in a drilled hole a new one would only be 1cm away which is a bit dodgy.. anyway you should be golden..

Sounds awesome ! Just about to park the bike in a remote garage, so the job will be procrastinated postponed till next season I think :P  Thanks !

Bjørge

#89 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 07 November 2020 - 03:23 pm

Only got out today because the fuel tap broke last week, reserve pipe went west  :D

Finally got it together with a replacement fuel tap and took it for a spin today, surging between 3.5-4k  in all gears so i'm thinking she's running to lean, pilot screws were set at 2 turns out as mk2 carbs, did'nt really know wether to set them as mk1 at 3 turns out or mk2 2 !! in somewhere in between i suspect..

Mk2 also uses different jet sizes but i assume Mick put his on as they were ?? anyway if they need changing i'll revert back to mk1 carbs and flog the mk2 most likely, would'nt be worth the hassle imo..

#90 MickC

MickC

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:26 am

Would 3.5 to 4thou be more needle than pilots?

And yeah never touched/alterd mine.Just opend float bowl for a look and clean with carb cleaner plus a blast of any other hole i saw.

And got to say MK1 has had MK1 MK2 MK2a carbs on there, have the carbs wanted to know if they worked,the MK2 carbs are now on my MK2 as it seems the Dyno jetted carbs that were on there were causing my spluttering issues (its the needles it seems).

MK1 does best on the MK2a carbs smoother better pickup as I have said before I use 60 to 80 (sorry ment 50 to 70) as my how does it pull benchmark..

MK2 carbs were next and MK1 carbs last.

Edited by MickC, 09 November 2020 - 10:33 am.

#91 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 12:34 pm

Could be Mick, trial by error i spose, i'll tweak em a little richer 1st off and see if that does the trick, wont know till i can test under load..

#92 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:49 pm

Yep, half a turn on the pilots and a balance might help too. :)  Pilot screw settings do affect the 3-4000rpm range, according to Factory Pro.

Have you tried the throttle blip test mucka ?

To remind you......

• NOTE: A rich problem gets worse as the engine heats up.
    • If the throttle is lightly "blipped" at idle, and the rpm drops below the set idle speed, then rises up to the set idle speed, the low speed mixture screws are probably set too rich: try 1/2 turn in, to lean the idle mixture.
  • NOTE: A lean problem gets better as the engine heats up.
    • If the throttle is lightly "blipped" at idle, and the rpm "hangs up" before dropping to the set idle speed, and there are no intake leaks and the idle speed is set at less than 1000 rpm, the mixture screws are probably too lean: try 1/2 turn out, to richen mixture. Be sure there are no intake leaks and the idle speed is set at less than 1000 rpm!

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#93 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 05:40 pm

Good reminder cheers, only happened when warm under load, i've read that the Pilot screws "cross" over so to speak, got enough time being under lockdown, might be a bit chancy to go out with Insurance companies refusing to insure unless you are going to work, shopping for essentials or caring for someone..

#94 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:56 pm

Really ?  First I've heard about the insurance companies.  Does this apply to current insurance or just new insurance ?  Sounds like summat you'd read on Donald Trumps twitter feed. :lol:

#95 Andy25

Andy25

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:04 pm

Really ?  First I've heard about the insurance companies.  Does this apply to current insurance or just new insurance ?  Sounds like summat you'd read on Donald Trumps twitter feed. :lol:

Read about this online reckon it's the usual scaremongering to stop people from travelling anywhere
Let's face it nothing like a good bit of paranoia to keep the masses under control

#96 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:11 pm

Ahem...

Source - Glasgow Times writing about England Lockdown & car insurance

However, a spokesperson from the Association of British Insurers said: "During lockdown the Government has advised against all but essential travel.

"Motor insurers continue to cover those using their vehicle for commuting to work and NHS volunteering without you having to first tell them.

"You should follow Government restrictions, but if you do use your car for non-essential travel, you will not risk invalidating your car insurance.”

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#97 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:15 pm

So it was a trump tweet. :lol:  Wouldn't surprise me if the insurance companies do summat to cash in on covid though.

#98 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:02 pm

Did'nt look any further than the online quote, but then wondered just how they think to enforce it, not like they make the fookin laws issit, or do they  :huh:

#99 jollypirate

jollypirate

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 11 September 2021 - 09:34 am

Well I took the plunge,fitted an electric pump then added MK2a  carbs and airbox to my '91,first impressions,response is loads better,no flat spots,pulls like a train it just constantly backfires, carbs have been professionally cleaned with new parts,screws are 2 turns out,bike is fitted with Delkevic 2 into 1 exhaust,do I need to swap jets ? 

#100 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 11 September 2021 - 11:27 am

Mine backfired quite a bit, too. Tried to adjust the mix, no noticeable difference. On oem exhaust.
Bjørge

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users