3 replies to this topic

#1 itchyfeet2

itchyfeet2

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 123 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:05 pm

Fixed the non spark issue, filled a dent in the tank, fitted new pads all round and gave the calipers a proper clean, bled new fluid through front brake, cleaned and gave the engine block a fresh lick of paint, also painted exhaust headers.

Put all plastics back on including the tank, all ready to fire her up, turned on the fuel tap.........arrggrrhhhh...flippin bleedin buggering fuel leak from above the fuel tap somewhere.

As I'd already swafegered my dainty little hands I've come in for a beer. Take it all apart again tomorrow.

:lol:

#2 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 19 November 2020 - 09:52 pm

Could it be leaking from the carb overflow ?

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#3 itchyfeet2

itchyfeet2

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 08:32 am

Could it be leaking from the carb overflow ?

I'll try to look today but thats what im dreading. Hopefully as bike was sat for 6 months or so its just gummed up float bowl or gummed need jet. Really hope its not 'o' rings as that will just be more delay waiting for bits.

#4 itchyfeet2

itchyfeet2

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 05:00 pm

Had a limited amount of time today so got carbs off, sure enough leaking from the left hand float bowl overflow. Took the bowl off and full of little black flakes. There were a few blocking the float needle stopping it seating correctly.

I cleaned out both bowls and filled carbs with water which i left for 10 mins. All good so then started the mamouth task of putting everything back. There is a new fuel filter on so guess I should do a tank flush. If the black flakes were rust then i may have to look at one of those tank sealers from tut ebaaaay.

Ran out of time just after I'd refitted the air box. Dont know about you guys but I find it easier to split the airbox and remove the airbox to carb rubbers. Proper heat up with my heat gun, fix on and then the rubbers push through into the lower half of the airbox easily. More time consuming I suppose but you know you have got a good seal then.

Should have another half day or so on Sunday so hopefully finish off then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users