#1 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:36 am

seeing how we are staying at a surf place i thought i'd have some surfing lessons on one of the days
anyone else game for a laff ?

ps. i've even got a couple of 'larger' size wetsuits if anyone needs em
they dont fit me anymore cool.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#2 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 07 January 2008 - 02:55 pm

Keep 'em Tony - you'll soon grow back into them........ laugh.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#3 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:04 pm

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Mon 7th Jan 2008, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seeing how we are staying at a surf place i thought i'd have some surfing lessons on one of the days
anyone else game for a laff ?

ps. i've even got a couple of 'larger' size wetsuits if anyone needs em
they dont fit me anymore cool.gif

Wet suits in the Atlantic in July? Surely not. I'll wear me thong blink.gif
I once tried windsurfing and never managed to stay on for more than 5 seconds at a time. And that was in a flat calm Mediterranean. I thought it was because of my tallness, but my instructor said it was because I was f%*$!&g useless! rotflmmfao.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#4 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:10 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Mon 7th Jan 2008, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Keep 'em Tony - you'll soon grow back into them........ laugh.gif

ahhhhh.gif uhmyeah.gif giveusahug.gif whatcha.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#5 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 07 January 2008 - 11:30 pm

Jamie will offer a reduction on any watersports courses or equipment hire to RTT attendees. You don't need to bring your wetsuit Tony. BTW I am seriously impressed with your weight. Your 0-60 time must be down about 5 seconds now!

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#6 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:57 pm

Last time I went on the beach it became a nightmare. Every time i got out of the Sea people kept rushing up and pushing me back in shouting something like:
Ahh poor thing, keep it wet. It's probably looking for its Mummy.

Nope, never again

Edited by CatsBum, 11 February 2008 - 11:58 pm.

#7 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

• 9,336 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:34 am

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Mon 11th Feb 2008, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahh poor thing, keep it wet. It's probably looking for its Mummy.

rotflmmfao.gif
get a few more carpiers down to the beach and greenpeace will think a whole pod has been washed in.....

i'm defo doing a day surfing/windsurfing cool.gif
warren(Hutch) works with/for Jamie in a roundabout way so should be good wink.gif

My TDM :

#8 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:06 pm

Well, sort of Beach related. I'm gonna buy a Kite from work. Just need to measure up how the thing will attach to bike and that will be my beach exercise

Chris, Kiting any good there? rolleyes.gif

#9 TeDeum

TeDeum

age(d) by almonds

• 1,736 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:00 pm

Kiting not good - BRILLIANT!

This is one of the premier spots for wind surfing, kite surfing and all round windiness in the world! The local doctor is a surfer and has been known to have to sew together kite surfers on the beach who have underestimated the wind and been lifted off the beach, across the fields and through barbed wire fences.

Edited by TeDeum, 29 June 2008 - 09:00 pm.

2001 TDM. 1990 Serow. 2004 DRZ400.  3 bikes, four cylinders. Who needs more?

Visit My Website

"Caelum non animum mutant qui trans mare current" Horace.

"A Pint of Plain is Your Only Man"

Founder of TSRMCMAS.

#10 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:07 pm

Right. That sorts that out then.

However, I don't think the 'My Little Pony' £3.99 jobbie is going to do it then.... tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users