56 replies to this topic

#21 James

James

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 26 September 2019 - 09:47 pm

I've got the Hein Gerike version of the TXC Infinity and they've been totally waterproof for years.

I had a pair of these too until a couple of years ago. They endured 14 years of motorcycling without leaking but we’re otherwise worn out otherwise I’d still have them. Fantastic boots. I now have some RST boots, can’t remember what they’re called, but they’re waterproof so far - one year in. Having said that, I haven’t ridden many miles this year.

84 Honda XL600R  :)

04 TDM900  :good:

21 KTM 790 Adventure  ;)

#22 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:22 pm

Think you need to cling film your feet Chris, what about over boot covers instead !

Cliff, I'm a style icon, what will people think if they see me riding with huge black condoms on my feet  :unsure2:
Anyways, I've had a play about with my hot glue gun along the welt at the front of the boots. Did you know a welt is the sewn rim around the edge of the shoe or boot upper to which the sole is attached? Well you do now. A 30 minute ride in heavy rain showed I'd fixed the left boot completely and that was the worse one. But the right one leaks on the top of my foot now. I guess water is getting in at the front of the ankle where there's a fancy panel to allow movement. So I have  liberally applied Nikwax leather waterproofer wax to both boots. I just need to wait for a rainy day now to test them. I won't have long to wait in September in the NW of the UK  <_<

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#23 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:16 am

Chris your being far to sensitive now, if you were such a style icon you would be in Pink fella, it's all the rage just now and who's gonna see you travelling at the speed of light down the 57 :)

Good to see ya this morning and thank you :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#24 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 01 October 2019 - 02:46 pm

Worrabout

https://www.banggood...ur_warehouse=CN

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#25 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 01 October 2019 - 03:56 pm

Pay good money to see you in them Chris! You could go splashing in muddy puddles!
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#26 MickC

MickC

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 01 October 2019 - 04:03 pm

I have a pair of these £135 at the time they do not leak.

https://www.ebay.co....K9dFfO9xBNBy8mw

Before going out/on a trip i wax them up with some of this

https://www.ebay.co....7EAAOSweopbqLCS

When I offroad i use water proof socks but as I go through water and splahes,still get wet feet they then act like a wet suit and make your feet warm up but do let your feet slip around a bit,on road that shouldnt happen.

Have worn wellies before feet stay dry but freeze if its winter and wellies dont give the feel for controls and dont have the protection that bike boots do even if its just thicker constrution.

#27 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 01 October 2019 - 06:19 pm

My TCX have been totally waterproof to date even in torrential downpours.

A trick which I've seen on here is to put loads of boot polish on the suspect areas and melt it in with a hair dryer/heat gun. It's not permanent but does help.

#28 Oafski

Oafski

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:38 am

Plus 1 on Alt Bergs, had mine for 15 years, been back to the factory for re-soling once.

"No good deed goes unpunished"

"Lags Droopfinger" The Biking Viking

OCD- Old Coffin Dodger

#29 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:24 pm

How goes the search????

More on Dainese - not only do they leak, but today one zip lost the pull handle - FFS Grrr these boots have done <20,000 (mainly dry EU roads)  - leaked from day one and now falling apart Shite Shite Shite Shite

I'll considering buying Altberg Bahn Rider - £300 to those of you who have to pay full price :rotflmmfao:

#30 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 09:33 pm

How goes the search????

On hold for now while I await the next downpour on my commute. I've run a bead of hot glue gun glue betwixt welt and sole and rubbed a load of Nikwax waterproofing wax into the fancy flexible panel to above the ankle. This bodge has held up through a few showers, but I await a deluge to test it fully  :rolleyes: 

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#31 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 09 October 2019 - 04:32 pm

Why do your feet get wet ?? 

I only (edit : used to only) ride in the summer and never have (edit : had) a problem !!  :hide:  :lol:

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#32 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:29 am

Hasn't altberg stopped doing the re-sole now?

#33 filo

filo

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 10 October 2019 - 06:28 pm

yes

#34 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:24 pm

Contrary to the above - last week while at the factory - yep we will re-sole but we no longer refurbish.

I guess it depends who ya talk to.

#35 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 11 October 2019 - 07:11 am

No I can confirm they still resole, recently had mine done, but they have stopped the full refurb of boots

Edited by Rallyist, 11 October 2019 - 07:13 am.

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#36 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 10:01 am

Heavy rain on this morning's commute. Right foot wet around the toes, so my hot glue gun fix didn't last long  :sorry: . Left foot dry. So my hot glue gun fix and Nikwax application worked, but it probably won't last if the right boot is anything to go by.

So now I'm going to bite the bullet and start looking seriously at Altberg Bahn Riders and and Daytona Road Star GTX 

Follow me on twitter

#37 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,391 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 11:01 am

Heavy rain on this morning's commute. Right foot wet around the toes, so my hot glue gun fix didn't last long  :sorry: . Left foot dry. So my hot glue gun fix and Nikwax application worked, but it probably won't last if the right boot is anything to go by.

So now I'm going to bite the bullet and start looking seriously at Altberg Bahn Riders and and Daytona Road Star GTX 

If you can, take a ride up - you can have em MTM if your feet are non-standard. Easy to find the shop/factory. Some great local roads to ride too :good:

#38 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:59 pm

Be watching this. Ain't ever had anything waterproof.  :unsure2:

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#39 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:45 pm

I have a pair altberg hogg boots and though rarely used them on the bike in wet weather I have used them for walking the dog in floods up to 5" deep and not had wet feet in them, not cheap but very well made.

The dog however was not so pleased....

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#40 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,160 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:55 pm

Think so THK but our local butcher has these .......

bbqrissoles-recipe.jpg

Ohhhh silly me thought you meant rissoles,   oops !  :hide:  :rotflmmfao:

Edited by Gdogg, 11 October 2019 - 05:57 pm.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterproof, boots, TCX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users