#1 JerryS

JerryS

Carpe Regular

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • Pip
  • 137 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 03 July 2022 - 12:05 pm

Sorry, this post is nothing about TDMs :)

I'm just about to attempt to replace the rear quarterlight on my daughter's old fiesta.  I've sourced some replacement glass from ebay and I've removed the old polyurethane adhesive. There should be a couple of locating pegs (not sure of the correct term here) which should go into holes in the bodywork to keep the glass in the correct place and i think they just stick onto the glass using double sided adhesive tape. I'm trying to source some more but google isn't bringing anything up. Anybody got any ideas where to get them?  I'm also thinking that If I can't find them, I could keep the glass in place until the adhesive sets using some strong sticky tape. Has anybody got any experience of replacing fixed glass and could give any tips?

cheers

Fuel Cans, Baglux tank cover, Givi E21 panniers, Givi Flow top box, Yamaha centre stand, Garmin Zumo SatNav,, Givi engine bars, Barkbuster S1 handguards, Powerbronze Fender Extender and Headlight guards.

#2 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,676 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 16 July 2022 - 09:54 am

Sorry, this post is nothing about TDMs :)

I'm just about to attempt to replace the rear quarterlight on my daughter's old fiesta.  I've sourced some replacement glass from ebay and I've removed the old polyurethane adhesive. There should be a couple of locating pegs (not sure of the correct term here) which should go into holes in the bodywork to keep the glass in the correct place and i think they just stick onto the glass using double sided adhesive tape. I'm trying to source some more but google isn't bringing anything up. Anybody got any ideas where to get them?  I'm also thinking that If I can't find them, I could keep the glass in place until the adhesive sets using some strong sticky tape. Has anybody got any experience of replacing fixed glass and could give any tips?

cheers

WHen I had my windscreen replaced following a stone chip, I noticed the fitter used wide masking tape stuck to the roof, extending  12" over the top of the windscreen to hold it at the right position while the adhesive set up. Seems like it should work for other windees too

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#3 JerryS

JerryS

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 137 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 16 July 2022 - 11:08 am

All sorted now. In the end. National Windscreens stuck it in for me for me for a reasonable price :)

Fuel Cans, Baglux tank cover, Givi E21 panniers, Givi Flow top box, Yamaha centre stand, Garmin Zumo SatNav,, Givi engine bars, Barkbuster S1 handguards, Powerbronze Fender Extender and Headlight guards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users