#1 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:52 am

Anyone bought some lately, trying to avoid the tat on ebay unless someone can recommend some, want to change to a smaller length, might eventually go LED at a later date, ie after bike has some mileage onnit but decent stuff is a bit spendy so sticking with 21w for now.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 22 January 2021 - 08:12 pm

I didn't need to buy new wans, my fronts were small wans so just swapped front and rear.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 10:36 pm

Them's about the size i'm after as well, maybe i'll make do with oem for awhile yet..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4 Sphere

Sphere

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:44 pm

Got a set of these

Attached File  Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 23.41.30.png   192.02KB   0 downloads

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the price, they're impressive, I'm sure I've seen the same thing sold under a brand name for £50 a pair.

The best thing about being old is we did all our stupid stuff before the Internet was invented, so there’s no proof.

#5 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 09:28 am

can you keep us informed how they do quite a few -ve reviews on amazon re waterproofing and bendiness not that i need the waterproof up here in sunny Scotland

#6 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 10:43 am

My thoughts also re weather proofing, some of these "type" state they have resistors inbuilt, if your gonna use resistors on Led's when replacing i think you may as well stick with incandescant bulbs, if i eventually go down this route i'll be using a solid state flasher relay..but as mentioned above it gets spendy.

Edit..Waterproof essential for me as the bike lives outside..

Edited by dablik, 23 January 2021 - 10:44 am.

#7 Sphere

Sphere

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:52 am

can you keep us informed how they do quite a few -ve reviews on amazon re waterproofing and bendiness not that i need the waterproof up here in sunny Scotland

Will do. The quality is much better than I expected for the price. Needed to replace the crappy aftermarket rears that a previous owner had fitted, they were truly hideous.

They look exactly the same as these:

https://www.lightech...ern-24341-p.asp

All I've done is smear some silicone up the centre where the wires go in, without that I doubt they would survive a good soaking without some water getting in.

The best thing about being old is we did all our stupid stuff before the Internet was invented, so there’s no proof.

#8 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 12:50 pm

Sphere are you in the UK !  i'll keep an eye out as interested to see how they hold up.. equally some Led's are over priced and if some silicone provides the answer that's good, are these quite bright in the daytime ?

#9 Sphere

Sphere

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 08:48 pm

Yes, UK.

Don't know if this will help.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 20.37.52.png   131.8KB   1 downloads

As I thought they suit the bike well, they were worth a punt, and have the added benefit of DLR's as well.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 20.42.04.png   168.19KB   0 downloads

The relay came from ebay

Attached File  Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 20.46.22.png   281.42KB   0 downloads

If they prove unreliable, I've not lost a lot.

#10 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 09:28 pm

Nice one, as you say not cost a lot to try them out

#11 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 09:01 am

Wemoto sell a huge variety of indicators Dabs.  https://www.wemoto.com/components/indicators/customindicators they also have cable extenders and relays etc.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#12 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:46 am

Nice one Studs, shall have a gander, never thought of looking at Wemoto  :good:

#13 steve27bha

steve27bha

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:46 am

Looking at the Wemoto stuff I recognise these:- https://www.wemoto.c...ture/ms-cli7009

I have these on my CBX750 with yellow lenses, front and back. Been there about 25 years! Check the arm lengths available.

They are well made and neat. Also they do not suffer from being so small they are un-noticed when flashing. I remember following my son when he visited with small aftermarket indicators on his bike, and those were barely visible. I issued a "change them" warning, and he had not checked / noticed how ineffective they were.

TDM900A 2008/09 in use, with     gallery_179098_391_770.jpg sml_gallery_179098_391_1145.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1206.jpg gallery_179098_391_253.jpg gallery_179098_391_82.jpg gallery_179098_391_725.gif gallery_179098_391_797.jpg gallery_179098_391_1396.jpg gallery_179098_391_501.jpg gallery_179098_391_316.jpg  gallery_179098_391_1768.jpg gallery_179098_391_106.jpggallery_179098_391_2170.jpg gallery_179098_391_1373.jpg

CBX750FE in reserve; Cagiva N90 125 now rebuilt & in use.

#14 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:50 am

Yes, UK.

Don't know if this will help.

attachicon.gif Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 20.37.52.png

As I thought they suit the bike well, they were worth a punt, and have the added benefit of DLR's as well.

attachicon.gif Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 20.42.04.png

The relay came from ebay

attachicon.gif Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 20.46.22.png

If they prove unreliable, I've not lost a lot.

Great write up.

Did you use any type of adapter plate to suit the unusual TDM cutout ?  Such as these - https://www.ebay.co....UsAAOSwcZFbK5KZ

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#15 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 12:49 pm

Looking at the Wemoto stuff I recognise these:- https://www.wemoto.c...ture/ms-cli7009

I have these on my CBX750 with yellow lenses, front and back. Been there about 25 years! Check the arm lengths available.

They are well made and neat. Also they do not suffer from being so small they are un-noticed when flashing. I remember following my son when he visited with small aftermarket indicators on his bike, and those were barely visible. I issued a "change them" warning, and he had not checked / noticed how ineffective they were.

Thanks Steve, have seen this type in a few places, dont know if quality is the same as those from Wemoto but if they have been on the bike that long without adoo that's good.

#16 Sphere

Sphere

really likes Carpe

• 81 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:40 pm

Great write up.

Did you use any type of adapter plate to suit the unusual TDM cutout ?  Such as these - https://www.ebay.co....UsAAOSwcZFbK5KZ

Yes, exactly like those. I used one on the outside to look pretty, and trimmed another down for the inside, so that it clamps the panel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users