#1 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 27 July 2021 - 04:14 pm

Been hearing how hard the rear brake can be to bleed. Is there a head's up or linky anyone knows of.

Many Thanks

Cats

#2 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 27 July 2021 - 04:44 pm

Been hearing how hard the rear brake can be to bleed. Is there a head's up or linky anyone knows of.

Many Thanks

Cats

oi tink there is a special tool you can buy and plug into the loom which pumps thru the fluid and aids bleeding. 

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 27 July 2021 - 05:23 pm

oi tink there is a special tool you can buy and plug into the loom which pumps thru the fluid and aids bleeding. 

I don't think Randyborehole will come down from Scotland to be plugged in, to busy camper vanning I suspect. ;-)

#4 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 27 July 2021 - 05:29 pm

I don't think Randyborehole will come down from Scotland to be plugged in, to busy camper vanning I suspect. ;-)

:rotflmmfao:  :lol:  :good:  :badgerrock:  :clapping:

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 27 July 2021 - 08:04 pm

Some info here Martin but it's more related to changing the brake fluid on ABS models, in case you want to renew the brake fluid too.

https://translate.go...t-text=&act=url

Found the linkydink here  http://www.carpe-tdm...366&hl=bleeding

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 27 July 2021 - 09:07 pm

Yeah, I'm on this with another bike with abs. There's lots of debate as to whether special kit is needed. It's all about activating the abs pump I believe. Some say bleed conventionally, then take the bike onto grass and brake to engage abs. Depends on whether air has made it's way to the pump. A mate had to take his MV to a garage to get his rear brake working, most wouldn't touch it. Interested to see how you get on....keep us up to date and good luck.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#7 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 28 July 2021 - 07:11 am

Some info here Martin but it's more related to changing the brake fluid on ABS models, in case you want to renew the brake fluid too.

https://translate.go...t-text=&act=url

Found the linkydink here  http://www.carpe-tdm...366&hl=bleeding

With Thanks Studders

Yeah, I'm on this with another bike with abs. There's lots of debate as to whether special kit is needed. It's all about activating the abs pump I believe. Some say bleed conventionally, then take the bike onto grass and brake to engage abs. Depends on whether air has made it's way to the pump. A mate had to take his MV to a garage to get his rear brake working, most wouldn't touch it. Interested to see how you get on....keep us up to date and good luck.

I shall Captain. I'm not doing it for all the previous reasons, local Mechanic will be. Ordered the rear brake "hose" as I'd rather do it properly than risk another failure.

And I'm not that worried about having abs on the rear as the front end is important for me.

Hose is now on back order

Cats

#8 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 28 July 2021 - 06:01 pm

Hose is now on back order

Cats

Makes you wonder if they've had a few failures.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#9 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:25 pm

Find the capped connector. Short the two upper pins. It's in the abs supplement.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#10 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 08:31 pm

Manual for abs here.

https://www.dropbox....5_serv.pdf?dl=0

They can be a mega ballache to bleed

Edited by leehenty, 28 July 2021 - 08:32 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users