Might be of interest to someone

#2 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:43 pm

Hmm never heard of one before. I guess it's a sort of Power Commander type of thing? 

#3 TDM4ever

TDM4ever

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 25 August 2018 - 05:37 pm

Hmm never heard of one before. I guess it's a sort of Power Commander type of thing? 

Yes and no. The Power Commander is inserted after the ECU and changes the control of the fuel injectors. This gizmo is inserted before the Power Commander and changes the signal from the lambda sensor to trick the ECU to change the fuelling.

However, Power Commander can be extended with an Auto Tune unit, which will ad the same functionallity (ie adding the Lambda sensor signal to the equation)

Cost is about the same as the Power Commander.

fFj8mo4.jpg

Edited by TDM4ever, 25 August 2018 - 05:51 pm.

#4 Riggers

Riggers

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 26 August 2018 - 08:21 am

Yes and no. The Power Commander is inserted after the ECU and changes the control of the fuel injectors. This gizmo is inserted before the Power Commander and changes the signal from the lambda sensor to trick the ECU to change the fuelling.

However, Power Commander can be extended with an Auto Tune unit, which will ad the same functionallity (ie adding the Lambda sensor signal to the equation)

Cost is about the same as the Power Commander.

Interesting.....thanks.

#5 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:54 am

Autotune only works on a PC V so you can't fit on to a TDM as there's only a PC III available for it unfortunately.

Also it doesn't use the bikes lambda sensor, you disconnect and install the Autotune lambda sensor which feeds into the PC V and you can adjust the trim maps as well as the fueling maps - I had one on my FZ1 to build my own maps.

It also can work on the fly and adjust fueling according the trim maps you set up.

It's a decent set up and probably cheaper than going to a dyno guy, however it's time consuming and I wasn't happy with the overall process, but once I'd got a couple of maps down I sold it on for a decent price, so it's quite cost effective once that's factored in.

I do quite like the look of this idea though, working off the lambda signal and adjusting real time for it is not a bad idea and avoids the need to disconnect the sensor altogether for the correct running of a PC.

#6 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,668 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:13 am

It's perhaps worth bearing in mind that the O2 sensor is not monitored all of the time by the standard ECU. Under heavy load, large throttle openings the ECU goes into open loop mode. I am only mentioning it because some people think they will get more horsepower. The O2 sensor is normally mainly implemented during cruise conditions and at smallish throttle openings.

You can always set your mixture to ideal highest power ratio by opening the throttle quickly :)

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users