2136 replies to this topic

#61 damorgue

damorgue

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 53 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:11 pm

just thought i'd say hi
bought ian's 850 and can't wait to make a start using it. also have a '87vfr750, but that's supposed to be going!!
nobody wants one, everybody has one in some form, the buyer doesn't use it, the user never see's it.
what am i?

#62 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,103 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:26 pm

Welcome to Carpe Damorgue. cool.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#63 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• 1,387 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:49 am

Welcome to Carpe Damorgue, you will find loads of useful stuff here, some bonkers stuff to but we like it that way.
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#64 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:44 am

Them East Anglian yokels are the worst, boy! jester2.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#65 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• 1,387 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:28 pm

Its a good job I'm only visiting then (34 years and counting). good.gif
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#66 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:05 pm

Damorgue welcome. now tell us about this 850 and who is Ian ?? WiCkY

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#67 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:34 pm

Welcome Kav, xs2jammu & Damorgue.
Nice lookin' bike Kav, wish i had your budget for mods yeahyeahyeah.gif
Excellent website xs2jammu - There's some impressive scenery in your photos and some great bikes.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#68 damorgue

damorgue

• 53 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 08:41 am

cheers guys..

belonged (sorry ian) to ian_b on this site. collecting it in a bit and typically its raining...great.
nobody wants one, everybody has one in some form, the buyer doesn't use it, the user never see's it.
what am i?

#69 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:40 pm

QUOTE(damorgue @ Tue 19th Jun 2007, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cheers guys..

belonged (sorry ian) to ian_b on this site. collecting it in a bit and typically its raining...great.

Don't sweat it, the TDM handles great in the rain. smile.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#70 IAN_B

IAN_B

seems to like Carpe

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:25 am

QUOTE(damorgue @ Tue 19th Jun 2007, 09:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
cheers guys..

damorgue, Hope your going to have as much fun on my tdm (sorry, your tdm now ) that I had.
I know the bike has gone to a good home, so I don't feel to guilty about selling it.
My son still isn't speeking to me much since I sold (his) pillion seat to you.
I will be dropping in to the site from time to time. cheers Ian_b. drinks.gif clapping.gif
My hall of fame or shame before Tdm850 : GPZ750, GSX750,ZZR600,YZF600Thundercat,CB-1,YZF750,(F650GS forgot about this,it was that slow!!!!!)

#71 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:08 am

QUOTE(IAN_B @ Wed 20th Jun 2007, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
damorgue, Hope your going to have as much fun on my tdm (sorry, your tdm now ) that I had.
I know the bike has gone to a good home, so I don't feel to guilty about selling it.
I will be dropping in to the site from time to time. cheers Ian_b. drinks.gif clapping.gif

s'wot ya bought instead then Ian_B ??

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#72 damorgue

damorgue

• 53 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 01:18 pm

QUOTE(IAN_B @ Wed 20th Jun 2007, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi ian
all fine, glad you warned me about brakes...only panicked the first dozen times...got the hang of them now..was used to VFR's...my fault!
hope yer boy gets over it soon, well he will as soon as something else appears anyway.
daughter likes bike, the immortal words "dad-its fits me!" now have me worried blink.gif
what am i?

#73 Guest_Graham_*

Guest_Graham_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:24 pm

Hi to all the TDM (both 850 & 900) owners out there. I am new on this Forum, and so far have found it extremely informative, especially concerning the 900’s. I have just purchased a 900 on the 7th June. My wife currently rides the 850, and this is what convinced me to buy the 900. I did a sort of “downgrade” from an R6 to enable us to be able to ride together again and put the fun of motorcycling back into play again as this was missing due to the R6 being a totally different type of package.
I can honestly tell you I’m not sorry about selling the R6, as the TDM is a truly under-rated machine. I’m still running in at the moment and have achieved 400kms on a tank-full (before hitting reserve). The current mileage is 1400kms. The handling is absolutely superb, and the brakes are more than adequate. The riding position is much more relaxed now, and all my different body parts don’t go to sleep anymore.[My wife and I did a 398km trip with no side effects] Oh yes and the mirrors actually work!!
By the way I am currently residing in South Africa, am an ex-Rhodesian, with British parents. (quite a combination hey?) I paid R79995 for the TDM which is about £5700 and it’s Lava Red in colour, with a black front mudguard, and black tail-end.
I’m going to have a very reputable local performance race pipe fitted, and will keep you guys posted on the performance and acoustic improvements. [Fortunately the noise laws are not such an issue here as they are in Europe or the UK]. I’m normally biased toward Michelin rubber, but my 900 is running on Dunlop D220ST Sportmax. For some obscure reason the different colour bikes in South Africa are fitted with different rubber, strange but true… but, I can tell you that the Dunlop’s haven’t disappointed me yet. I have been able to take corners much faster and with more confidence than I was ever able to do with the R6 if that’s believable, and the TDM doesn’t seem to get unsettled when going through pot-holes, even hitting potholes through corners has not been much of a problem. [Potholes are one of the hidden realities of travelling on South African roads] fortunately we’ve been scouting and know all the relatively safe pothole free roads. Now that our bikes are equally matched we will also begin scouting gravel roads with touring in mind.

I am considering starting up a bike touring company here in South Africa. The weather is absolutely perfect. Of course it would necessitate the purchase of a few more TDM’s. Anyone interested????

Cheers and safe Biking

#74 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:17 am

Hi & Welcome to Carpe Graham! cool.gif

got any pics of your toy?

lovely part of the world you are in, spent a while touring southern africa, Namibia,Botswana,South Africa etc (including neighbouring trouble spots wink.gif )
I spent some time in areas bordering the Kruger (Hazyview etc) and also in the South, Capetown etc.

looking forward to seeing some ride reports and pics wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#75 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:29 pm

Welkom Graham. your initial self introduction was very diplomatic indeed, now ya need to be slating them silly MKI 850 riders eh'.

#76 damorgue

damorgue

• 53 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:36 pm

mellow.gif huh.gif ohmy.gif punishment.gif
what am i?

#77 BrianM

BrianM

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:24 pm

Eh, guess I ought to toss out an intro. Name's Brian and I'm from over here where the TDM's are few (the US). I remember lusting after/wanting a TDM back in 1997 or so, and just Not being able to scrape up the cash. S'ok cause I ended up with an 87 VFR that I put 100k miles on, and now I DO have the money (almost, gotta sell a Bandit 400 first) and a nice lookin '93 up for sale just down the road. So, if nothing gets buggered up in the next 2 weeks, I'll hopefully be on a blue '93. It's already fitted with a corbin seat, tall screen, pod air filters and Yosh exhaust, but the current owner has no clue about the rest. I'm betting that the emulsion tubes are shot, and the jetting is off and have doubts about the valves being checked. But in a land of few choices, I'm not going to be too picky.

Anyway, great forums ~ I've already been digging through and getting a feel for the MK1's. I'm planning on using it to explore the dirt roads that dominate the state (Wyoming, in the Rocky Mountains ~ we have more dirt roads than paved ones), do some 2-up touring with the wife and using it as a commuter when I don't feel like riding the bicycle.

Cheers....
Cheers,

Brian M

#78 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:33 pm

welcome BrianM, sounds like your living in a nice part of the US ?? WiCkY

#79 BrianM

BrianM

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:55 pm

QUOTE(wicklamulla @ Sun 1st Jul 2007, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome BrianM, sounds like your living in a nice part of the US ?? WiCkY

Eh, you tell me?

2 miles outside of my home town, current ride of a Bandit 400:

Park in town (looking out of town, kinda right over the top of my house)

Getting out a few miles (and up from 5500' in elevation to about 8,000')

Some mountains (got lots of those around here)

In one of the narrow canyons

And looking at that same canyon

It's nice enough, I grew up here so I have a certain fondness for the place. But I miss the really tight stuff found back on the east coast, and all the racetracks... I miss racing and trackdays.

Oh, and just so you don't think it's all great and beautiful... I have to contend with hundreds of miles of this anytime I ride anywhere

Cheers,

Brian M

#80 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:47 pm

looks boring ! i didn't think Bandit 400's were available stateside. looks like good weather too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users