#1 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 04 April 2021 - 04:04 pm

Had a great ride out today was out for 6 hours mooching around Hawes, Bolton Abbey etc

roads were quiet but saw at least 6 traffic police and 2 unmarked Bm's 

1 guy on a GS got publicly booked at Hawes, even took his photo with the bike.

Attached Files

Edited by drewpy, 04 April 2021 - 04:08 pm.

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 04 April 2021 - 05:19 pm

Notice drewps. Guess guy done for speed rather than being oooot and a abooot?
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 04 April 2021 - 07:11 pm

Bimble to Derbyshire and Staffordshire,had a bit of fording to do but only about 10 inches deep, and helped a Vespa rider changed his oiled plug. He had spare plug but left spanner at home. Lunch stop was pleasant in the hills above Manifold valley Wetton. 236 miles done. New boots mean gear and rear brake pedals need adjustment.

Edited by leehenty, 04 April 2021 - 07:12 pm.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 04 April 2021 - 08:03 pm

Notice drewps. Guess guy done for speed rather than being oooot and a abooot?

i assume so

Bimble to Derbyshire and Staffordshire,had a bit of fording to do but only about 10 inches deep, and helped a Vespa rider changed his oiled plug. He had spare plug but left spanner at home. Lunch stop was pleasant in the hills above Manifold valley Wetton. 236 miles done. New boots mean gear and rear brake pedals need adjustment.

nice Wetton, especially the tearooms there

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#5 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 04 April 2021 - 09:29 pm

It's on my list of superior cake stops list.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#6 curlylegend

curlylegend

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Location:West of France, south of the Loire...the good bit !
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 05 April 2021 - 09:24 pm

Whenever I drove back to the Untied Kingdom and as soon as we got on the motorway you couldn't help but notice the number of cop cars.

We has a French friend with us once and he was amazed, he thought there had been some sort of major security alert.  We had to tell him that it's always like this !

You hardly ever see cop cars in France, you're more likely to see moto cops...... still riding TDM's in our neck of the woods.

But France is catching up with speed cameras, I think......

#7 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:30 am

French major roads are smooth too, back in pothole Blighty you notice it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users