• Please log in to reply
5803 replies to this topic

#4321 gautrek

gautrek

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 13 July 2020 - 07:00 pm

Was it this one? If so it was my mates. I had a ride on this a few years ago . A very nice outfit.

ghSFgya.jpg

Edited by gautrek, 13 July 2020 - 07:01 pm.

Interested in very very old bikes with the ocasional newish one thrown in.

#4322 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,085 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:08 pm

Yes that's it
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4323 madmopedracer

madmopedracer

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 14 July 2020 - 07:26 am

sat waiting for the postie to bring my carb seal kit from thailand 

#4324 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 11:49 am

Fitted crash bars and wiring up top box brake light
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#4325 MipeTDM

MipeTDM

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:33 pm

Put a chain oiler on:

It seems to distribute the oil well across the chain and does not drip on the floor of the garage (so far).

But, as I was passed fast and bluntly by a car after the 1st application of 75W90 oil, I presume they smelled the odor on the exhaust. I must admit this gearbox oil does not smell very nice. Need to obtain a slighter touch... ;)

Attached Files

#4326 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 05:38 pm

So how do you adjust/operate it Mipe ?  Also, does it have a makers name ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4327 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 06:02 pm

75w/90 oil is EP oil and will have lots of sulphur in it. Hence the smell

#4328 MipeTDM

MipeTDM

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 06:57 pm

75w/90 oil is EP oil and will have lots of sulphur in it. Hence the smell

Ah, that explains a lot, just looked it up. It was a left over from my previous car's geabox oil: 75W90 GL5.

I read that gear oil in general would be suitable, also it's a bit thicker than engine oil, suppose it sticks better to the chain.

So how do you adjust/operate it Mipe ?  Also, does it have a makers name ?

You just turn the complete container 90 degrees clockwise, when driving slowly. There is a tread inside it, which makes the container drop, decreasing the internal volume, so the excess oil is forced down the bottom, inside the hose, to the outlet.

It's the exactly the same oiler as the Cobrra Nemo 2, but found this one at AliExpress:

https://www.aliexpre...0277970633.html

Thought I'd give it a try for that price, and simplicity.

#4329 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 14 July 2020 - 07:31 pm

Had a little bimble into Wales for the first time since Feb, now the border patrols and watch towers are gone!!

Attached Files

Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#4330 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:03 pm

Ah, that explains a lot, just looked it up. It was a left over from my previous car's geabox oil: 75W90 GL5.

I read that gear oil in general would be suitable, also it's a bit thicker than engine oil, suppose it sticks better to the chain.

You just turn the complete container 90 degrees clockwise, when driving slowly. There is a tread inside it, which makes the container drop, decreasing the internal volume, so the excess oil is forced down the bottom, inside the hose, to the outlet.

It's the exactly the same oiler as the Cobrra Nemo 2, but found this one at AliExpress:

https://www.aliexpre...0277970633.html

Thought I'd give it a try for that price, and simplicity.

Cheers for the info. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4331 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,177 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 14 July 2020 - 10:03 pm

Ian I have a similar one on me BB

https://www.ebay.co....ha/264029530216

#4332 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 12:51 pm

Cheers Steve, does it dump a load of oil on the chain, or is it a slow release jobby ?

#4333 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 15 July 2020 - 03:40 pm

Put a chain oiler on:
It seems to distribute the oil well across the chain and does not drip on the floor of the garage (so far).
But, as I was passed fast and bluntly by a car after the 1st application of 75W90 oil, I presume they smelled the odor on the exhaust. I must admit this gearbox oil does not smell very nice. Need to obtain a slighter touch... ;)

You could get rid of the gearbox oil, and fill it with Castrol R, then when it drips onto the exhaust.. 👍👍👍

#4334 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,085 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 04:24 pm

Oooh we used to add Castrol R to 100cc bikes just for the smell

#4335 MipeTDM

MipeTDM

really likes Carpe

• 92 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 04:52 pm

The smell of speed indeed...

for a more pleasing smell, also the semi-sweetness of Ballistol oil would work, however you never know what that might attract, maybe a swarm of bees... :um:

ballistol-olie.jpg

Hoever I found the makeshift smokescreen does indeed serve a purpose, for getting rid of some close followers :lol:

#4336 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:50 pm

Those prices on the oilers are reduced since i bought one last year, grab one now.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#4337 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,177 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:23 pm

Ian slowly,

you just turn it 1/4 turn every 130-150 ish miles, when I get a minute arrange a meet up and you can look see,

pity I couldn't make last Sunday

#4338 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:58 pm

I've already got a scottoiler fitted Steve, just curious as to how it worked.  Not sure I'd fancy having another item added to the handlebars.

#4339 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:40 pm

painted my tank, then it fell over, so I have to start again  :waiting:

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#4340 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:05 pm

painted my tank, then it fell over, so I have to start again  :waiting:

Noooooo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users