#1 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:19 am

Bimbling along in a queue of about 10 cars at about 50mph on an A road which has no overtaking opportunites for cars or bikes for miles. Ignoring the almost certain prospect of a car coming around the bend ahead, the taxi driver behind me overtook me and the next car, only to face that car coming close really, really, REALLY soon. He just barged and bullied his way in where there was no space for him. Idiot 1.

Then later, a new experience for me in 60 years on the road. Again in a similar traffic queue with no overtaking opportunies. The van driver behind me UNDERTOOK me - using a LAY-BY! A lay-by comes to an end, innit, and so he had me make way for him. He then sat in front of me for some miles. Idiot 2.

Beware, y'all (as usual).

I am now tempted to use my camera all of the time (but what would be the point?! Better to carry a couple of bricks with me!)

Edited by Robodene, 11 October 2016 - 09:20 am.

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#2 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,275 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:56 am

Twat in front of me in a Mini last turned right from the left lane of a dual carriageway roundabout without even indicating.  Luckily the car on his right who was turning left (from the correct lane) was a bit slow off the mark and managed to brake had enough to miss him.

Idiots everywhere.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:34 pm

Sadly the largest percentage of idiots by ve-hickle group I see on the roads are on boikes!

The latest was trying to filter past a QUARRY lorry on a bend (solid whites) ... By a QUARRY .... I guess he couldn't work out what was a likely vehicle to be coming the other way. Duh! The oncoming QUARRY lorry had to slam on his brakes to avoid crushing idiot.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#4 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 02:23 pm

I am now tempted to use my camera all of the time (but what would be the point?! Better to carry a couple of bricks with me!)

Do it. I've got one of these for under £40 and can recommend it.
https://www.amazon.c...eywords=dbpower
I mount it on my handlebars with a swivel 360 ball mount. It's powered from my ciggy lighter socket cut into the dash and set to car mode. Simply screw it on plug it in and it will turn on and off as automatically.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#5 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:47 pm

I do have a Ghost-S but it was waiting to be emptied of the last videos. I can set it to run car mode; and I think I will do just that.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#6 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• 3,627 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:55 pm

"Car mode"  :huh:

Does that just record over oldest vid's so you've always go the most recent "just in case"?

MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#7 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:37 pm

Does that just record over oldest vid's so you've always go the most recent "just in case"?

Yeah, it just keeps recording until disk space is used and starts again. Even with a 16gb you've got plenty of video time.

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

#8 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:38 pm

Wanna know what I do?

I spot a vehicle mounted with a camera and immediately register the user as a CNUT.

Doesn't matter who.

Pushbike, motorcycle, car, lorry or van.

The worst at the moment are the rear view mounts.

The design that inexplicably causes the driver to touch their brakes when you pull out behind, to make that obvious pass you have held back making, so that the ungrateful, dangerous, inconsiderate CNUT in front can make a safe pass.

Camera = false sense of righteousness and security.

GET SOME ROAD SKILLS YOU MOTHERFCKERS!

#9 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:41 pm

A camera would have made no difference to my opinion of their driving. And I do not feel any more secure now having watched their idiocy without, nor would I with, a camera. If that's what you mean. The question is: what would I have done with the footage?

#10 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:57 pm

The question is: what would I have done with the footage?

Assuming you were still there to tell the tale.

Watching from above as the one dimensional story gets taken out of context?

I'd be sure to twist the events to make sure the story line worked in my favour.

See

Trust nothing.

Technology isn't the answer. It is BS designed to part you from your hard earned.

Pokemon isn't the answer.

Road skills sure would help.

Therefore.

Camera = TWAT.

#11 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:20 pm

I would like to propose a sticky thread entitled

MARKS out of TEN

A thread where Carpedians could post their road going Go-Pro incidents and we could post scores according to righteous merit, stupidity and artistic interpretation.

#12 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,969 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:49 pm

GET SOME ROAD SKILLS YOU MOTHERFCKERS!

Well yeah, since I've had the camera I now feel secure enough to take micro naps, read my smartphone alerts and only occasionally catch up on what's going on around me. Yeah, I feel so safe as to act like any dimwit smidsy cager I want to document.

Fine if you want to engage in polemics, that's your thing and that's OK, but have the bare bones of a decent argument

#13 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:14 pm

I was 50/50 pn cameras for anything but recording a nice ride out and seeing some countryside....

But the last time I was knocked off was last April, when I overtook a camper van, who swerved right as I was alongside and pushed me onto the verge/stone wall on my right.....

No indication, obviously oblivious to my presence...

His side of events was that he indicated for a while and pulled over because he didn't think I was going to overtake, and then i overtook and drove into the side of him. It still isn't settled, and due to a lack of witnesses they're trying to get me to settle 50/50. I've already seen my premiums go up because the insurance companies  assume an unsettled claim to be the same as 100% my fault.  ( I don't know if i can claim back their overcharge when the case is finally settled ?)

Anyhow, a camera would have settled that the day afterwards.....

No, car mode means the camera is easily distracted, frequently stops seeing what's in front of it, and randomly deletes useful honest memories...

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#14 bikermike

bikermike

arrived on last train

• 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:20 pm

Had an early morning wake up call last week.

Car (A) decides to join the road ahead of me so I move to lane 2 of 2. (A) then instead of staying in lane 1 decides to join lane 2 directly into my path.

I then take evasive action by moving over slightly into lane 1 to be almost wiped out by white van man undertaking the both of us doing at least 10 - 15 mph faster than everybody else.

Almost a change of underwear needed..... white van man then starts to gesticulate in mirror..... indicating that I should check own mirrors..... what a T&*t!!

Stay safe out there... its a war zone!

#15 Quartermaster

Quartermaster

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 927 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:53 pm

Then later, a new experience for me in 60 years on the road. Again in a similar traffic queue with no overtaking opportunies. The van driver behind me UNDERTOOK me - using a LAY-BY! A lay-by comes to an end, innit, and so he had me make way for him. He then sat in front of me for some miles. Idiot 2.

I wonder if some of this white van idiocy is related to the rise of interweb shopping and the ridiculously impossible schedules foisted on some of these owner-drivers? Maybe we should be complaining to the Amazons of this world.

'73 Honda CB500 Four, Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Triumph Tiger Sport 660.

#16 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 04:32 pm

I wonder if some of this white van idiocy is related to the rise of interweb shopping and the ridiculously impossible schedules foisted on some of these owner-drivers? Maybe we should be complaining to the Amazons of this world.

You're probably onto something there. I was listening to a radio programme before Christmas and the driver had 240 addresses to visit in a (presumably extended)  day....not sure i'd be up for that

#17 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:00 pm

I would like to propose a sticky thread entitled

MARKS out of TEN

A thread where Carpedians could post their road going Go-Pro incidents and we could post scores according to righteous merit, stupidity and artistic interpretation.

At least the camera was ok.

#18 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:05 pm

:rotflmmfao:

#19 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:29 pm

I have a camera not to feel secure but when that car driver tries to blame me for t-boning/undertaking me, etc. the camera shows the truth. Of course if it as my fault the camera goes straight in my pocket.....  :rolleyes:

#20 SingleCylinder

SingleCylinder

seems to like Carpe

• 77 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:07 am

Don't drive like a wanker and keep your finger out.

I'm not lazy, just energy efficient...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users