13 replies to this topic

#1 chgg61

chgg61

arrived on last train

• 3 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 12 May 2020 - 03:15 pm

Hi,

New to carpe TDM but owner of my second TDM 900.

Looking to fit hand guards and have seen Suzuki DL650 guards mentioned on here.

Can anyone advise me as to if the Suzuki fitting kit that comes with the plastic guards is a straight forward fit?

TDM 900 ABS

Many Thanks,

Chris (West Sussex)

#2 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,214 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 12 May 2020 - 04:04 pm

Hi and welcome Chris.  iirc there might be some slight fettlin' to get them to fit.  Others with 9'ers will be along to advise shortly.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#3 COBAX

COBAX

sticking around

• 20 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 12 May 2020 - 07:32 pm

Hi Chris, I have these hand guards on my 06 900,the supplied fitting kit is a fairly straight forward swop the only modification that you need to do is to the bar ends were you need to get a small groove machined in, a bit of digging about on here and you will find the measurements/dimensions that is required. Well happy with mine and think as well as looking the part they do a good job for not a lot of money.

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,754 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 12 May 2020 - 07:36 pm

JBX site has measurements for this mod, giving an error just now so cant post a link..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 COBAX

COBAX

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 07:41 pm

Hi Chris try this link https://www.tdm-yama...t.org/?page=HGS should tell you everything you need to know. :good:  :good:

#6 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:55 am

I normally machine the slot with a parting tool.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#7 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:59 am

If you want the bar ends machined I can do them for you.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#8 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 13 May 2020 - 04:17 pm

I have some Suzuki hand guards for sale

And the bar ends (Std bars) Not new but pretty tidy.

The only thing is I don't have the standard lever bolts so would have to swap with  you

Let me find the pics

Cats

Here you go.

Notice the little broken bit. Plastic glue. It was already detached when I removed them and still  functioned ok

#9 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:04 pm

BMW GS1150 handguards I think, fit ok but need M8 thread drilled and tapped in bar end. Again easy to do on lathe.

#10 chgg61

chgg61

arrived on last train

• 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:08 am

Thanks to all who have replied. I didn't realise this was even up here as admin said I didn't have permission to post?
Anyway I went ahead and ordered and they should be with me in a few days.
Catsbum, would you be interested in selling the bar ends only?
Or if not leehenty I would be very interested in your offer of machining my existing bar ends.
Once again thanks everybody.

#11 chgg61

chgg61

arrived on last train

• 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:31 am

Cobax, thanks for the 'how to do link' very useful.

#12 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:39 am

Thanks to all who have replied. I didn't realise this was even up here as admin said I didn't have permission to post?
Anyway I went ahead and ordered and they should be with me in a few days.
Catsbum, would you be interested in selling the bar ends only?
Or if not leehenty I would be very interested in your offer of machining my existing bar ends.
Once again thanks everybody.

Yes no problem just PM me.

#13 COBAX

COBAX

sticking around

• 20 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:22 pm

Cobax, thanks for the 'how to do link' very useful.

No problem good luck and safe riding :tup:  :tup:

#14 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,088 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 10:55 am

Job on lathe as soon as postie delivered, I can get back in post same day before collection @ 16:00 hrs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users