• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gibb00

Gibb00

discovering Carpe

• 15 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:16 pm

2 days after arriving in England having ridden up from Spain, where it's registered, my bike was stolen, 2 days later it was returned to me minus the reg plate and ignition loom cut (See my post where do I start)

I telephoned the local Spainish Traffico office explaining I need a replacement reg plate and they informed I had to report this matter to them in person.

I've problems getting the bike going again but am getting there and becoming more confident the bike will get me back to spain. Not being able to get a proper reg plate I thought if dummy one up and if I got pulled up along the way show the met police crime report.

I've just been informed I cannot get a copy, it is my insurance company that can get one.

How can it be that the crime was against me yet I cannot have a copy of the crime report.

No doubt if I do get pulled for having a dummy reg plate I'll be criminalised.

What a world.

Rant over

#2 CrashTestDuffy

CrashTestDuffy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 124 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:31 pm

You may not get the report but you are perfectly entitled to the crime reference number:

https://www.gov.uk/y...hts-after-crime

#3 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:04 pm

Is there something special about Spanish plates that you can't get a replacement? Here you can just get UK ones on e-bay.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#4 Gibb00

Gibb00

discovering Carpe

• 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:20 pm

Is there something special about Spanish plates that you can't get a replacement? Here you can just get UK ones on e-bay.

You can only get plates from the local Traffico office in Spain and you must apply in person

#5 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,176 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:09 pm

Try spanish ebay then  :rotflmmfao:  :hide:

#6 CrashTestDuffy

CrashTestDuffy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 124 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:01 pm

Can you stick an EU designated plate on in the interim?

#7 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:05 pm

Would have thought it possible to make a copy one up? PC, printer and Spanish format. Can't see plod noticing the difference here? Can anyone help? Where abouts are you Gibb00? Could get the artwork on-line and just include the plate details. Could even stick on a piece of metal for realism. If stopped refer to the crime report.

Does surprise me you didn't get a copy. Last time I had to get police involved for a theft they gave me a copy and asked if I wanted one for insurnace. Must be different where you are. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users