• Please log in to reply
5803 replies to this topic

#3621 DavG

DavG

discovering Carpe

• 19 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:53 pm

Decided to give the old girl a treat after a week roaming around Scotland, so it was rear tyre / chain and sprocket kit / oil / oil filter / plugs / air filter and a new Sat Nav may help in my touring endeavors in the future as my old one still works but is well out dated with no more updates available but it is a Tom Tom Rider 1 lol. Still running sweet as a nut after 73k on the clock..

#3622 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 20 July 2019 - 09:30 pm

To No.7 i fitted 2 new inlet manifold connecting rubbers as the original ones were a bit cracked after 19 years. Got them from Wemoto fer £19.04 incl. VAT & delivery so cheap enuf.   Removed the rubber hoses used fer balancing the carbs. and inspected them, snipped off a few mm at the inlet stub end of each one as there was a bit of cracking and swelling,  refitted the same. 

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#3623 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 21 July 2019 - 05:30 pm

Finally got around to changing the dodgy fork seal that's been leaking for a few months  :unsure2:  this time I changed to ATF on both forks just to see how it feels

Did an oil change as well and changed the oil sump O rings too, only 3400km on the plugs but I changed em anyway

Edited by JMC, 21 July 2019 - 05:30 pm.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#3624 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.

Posted 21 July 2019 - 08:55 pm

Gave up on No.7 as she ran ok but fuel is leaking between the carbs where they are bridged together so i reckon oil send dem off for an overhaul as i don't fancy trying to split them apart.

Went and collected 'Meoff' (1991 MK1 with 6900 miles on it) who was languishing doon the farm and have drained the rust and old fuel out of the tank.  The carbs are gummed up and the fuel hoses have succumbed to the ravages of  ethanol and have bulged and swollen up and started to shed an outer skin loike a snake would so will need replacing.

I see what PK means by MK1's are easier to work on compared to the MK2,  i also see what ya mean by the wiring to the thermostat being a bit short.  I am getting familiar with the boike atm.

Edited by wicklamulla, 22 July 2019 - 12:14 am.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

#3625 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:50 pm

Not such a bad job Ken, have a look

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3626 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:15 pm

New rear disk, bolts and pads on the ex-Muddy TDM900

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#3627 Muppdog

Muppdog

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:26 pm

Hi all,
Dropped the leaky fork off expecting them to just fit a new seal. Oh No! They said. We don't do that. Chances are the oil contaminated and not known how much is missing. We do a 'Proper Job', as we are in Cornwall, or not at all. OK, fair enough I thought, and said for them to go ahead. Then he said that they will make a start on this one while I can nip home and get the other one. Pardon? I said. They would not refurbish one and not the other. So, like a good boy I fetched the other one whilst chores had to wait. The only seals they had in stock were Chinese ones which he did not want to use on my bike. He ordered 'proper ones'. Also rang through which oil it needs and the air gap from the Hyperpro box i luckily kept. Next morning, 9 o'clock they rang that it was all done. Not cheap but also not silly. Fitted them with new squashy gaitors and went for a test ride. Not sure what they did but it was a 'proper job' indeed! Never had the front so responsive and well dampened. Wish now I had let them fit the springs 5 years ago. Always thought the Hyperpro a bit of a waste of time. Not anymore. Shame I got little time to enjoy them now.

Rob

#3628 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:43 am

A proper fork is the best feeling ever 😀
Bjørge

#3629 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,394 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 23 July 2019 - 12:23 pm

Use the forks Luke Muppdog

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#3630 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

• 12,211 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 01:43 pm

Use the forks Luke Muppdog

fer forks sake Favs!

#3631 poppykle

poppykle

really likes Carpe

• 83 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:32 pm

Missed a good ride on Sunday due to a flat battery so I pulled the battery out of the 900 using bungee cord hooks as suggested by Joe90 in another post.  Recharged it and refitted it with a tail to attach a trickle/maintenance charger whilst it is parked.

#3632 Denzel25

Denzel25

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:09 am

Finally got around to changing the dodgy fork seal that's been leaking for a few months  :unsure2:  this time I changed to ATF on both forks just to see how it feels

Did an oil change as well and changed the oil sump O rings too, only 3400km on the plugs but I changed em anyway

Reminds me to do the leaking fork seal.

#3633 gautrek

gautrek

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:04 am

Fitted new front footrest rubbers to mine, replaced any bolts I remove with stainless. Sorted out the silencers by removing the odd spacers it had fitted. Couldn't be arsed to fit new footrest damper rubbers as it's too bloody hot. Fitted my new fender extender. Going out for a ride later to get a mesh jacket

Interested in very very old bikes with the ocasional newish one thrown in.

#3634 Norwegian

Norwegian

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 162 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:12 am

Fitted a 25x25x2 cm gel pad onto my saddle, hoping to get a tad less lame when riding for a while. Also lowered the rear end to avoid sliding forward all the time. Test ride afterward was promising, will see how it pans out over time.

Attached Files

Edited by Norwegian, 14 August 2019 - 11:07 am.

2002 TDM 900 Red/Yellow Cocktail (it's yellow)., biggified some

#3635 Denzel25

Denzel25

discovering Carpe

• 12 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:56 am

Fitted a 20x20x2 gel pad onto my saddle, hoping to get a tad less lame when riding for a while. Also lowered the rear end to avoid sliding forward all the time. Test ride afterward was promising, will see how it pans out over time.

Great idea. That looks fitted so well.

#3636 gautrek

gautrek

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 04:52 pm

I fitted a HID kit to mine today.I had already ordered it but got to ride in the dark for the first time last night. God the lights are shocking. Fingers crossed it should be a lot better. Well it can't be any worse

#3637 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:46 pm

I fitted a HID kit to mine today.I had already ordered it but got to ride in the dark for the first time last night. God the lights are shocking. Fingers crossed it should be a lot better. Well it can't be any worse

Depending on your mot chap, you may have a problem with that HID.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3638 gautrek

gautrek

seems to like Carpe

• 71 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 07:59 pm

Depending on your mot chap, you may have a problem with that HID.

I have been reading up on them and some say its ok. Some don't. But given how many cars have these or LED lights fitted I see it being less and less of an issue. But its only a couple of wires and a bulb change so i'm not too worried. I'll try it and then if he moans I'll swap over for the re test . But it would seem that as long as your headlight adjuster is working and you can adjust the light then it seems ok. The light pattern looks the same as the original pattern.
But given how shite the original lights are then I would rather risk it then end up in a ditch. I can't believe how poor these lights are

I'm not to worried I have a cheapo Chinesium 5" bates style plastic headlight which I gutted to fit a Cree cycle light to use as back up light when I get caught out after dark on my other road bike. My 1936 350cc Panther. With that and a LED cycle rear lamp I at least look legal. :)
This is my Panther in front of my TDM

67403560_10217380464576030_5848832660637

Edited by gautrek, 26 July 2019 - 08:05 pm.

#3639 dablik

dablik

• 10,747 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 08:17 pm

Fair do's didn know if you were aware is all, lovely that Panther though :good:

#3640 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 26 July 2019 - 08:20 pm

That's my No2 fav \ dream old bike, and that looks a cracker! No1? don't ask why.....sunbeam S8!! Enjoy it,
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Snowbird(thanks)