• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 m0rt

m0rt

really likes Carpe

• 97 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:14 am

Have two bikes up for sale, and I am wanting to just end up with one bike. So if anyone has something they may want to swap and is interested in both or one of the machines below, get in touch. After owning and loving the SR, I want something similarly simple but with enough torque for two up. The SR won't really do my bulk and another. I am interested in an HD Sportster, or similar. I am not arsed about bling, chrome, perfromance parts etc. More interested in how the bike is mechanically. If an HD then pre 2004.

'Proper' customs without ridiculously huge wide rear wheels. Singles, twins in any config. (Dispensation will be made for a V-max. This is an itch I must scratch one day. Even if it is the scabs from roadrash.)

First of, my '93 Trophy in Burgundy. Last three owners, myself, my father then me again. Since I have had it, (2013), it has had:

Valve clearance service at 30K
New coils (preventative)
Replaced exhuast header studs with stainless
Progressive fork springs
K & N air filter.
Motobatt battery.
As well as regular service items.

New this year, Metzlers front and rear and DID chain and sprocket. MoT up beginning of April 2018.

Has heated grips, both working.
Givi wing rack with Givi Monokey top box and panniers.
Two keys.

Originally bought because it had the upgraded sprag clutch fitted - this is the model with the access plate over the top.

Regularly serviced, it runs very sweetly. I have 15 previous Mots, receipts from work I had done and parts ordered.

Bad points - rear pads need replacing soon. Odd fairing mark. Rear Grab handle paintwork damaged from chemical whilst off the bike so taped up.

For TDMers, I want £1100.

Other bike is a 2014 SR400 - I wanted an SR for over a decade, this one came up and I picked it up in July and have loved every minute of it. Had 4200 when I got it, put it through it's first mot and third service at Marriotts on the Wirral and promply stuck 3K miles on it of nothing but pleasure riding. Two new Metzler ME fitted about the same time.

Good bits:

Everything.

Bad bits:

May still have a dried fly carcass on it somewhere.

It has the de-restricted mod, which means removing the plate that restricts the throttle from opening fully - Euro models have this, the US models don't. Apparently this is how Yamaha got the bikes to be Euro 4 compliant from the get go. Has a K&N filter element fitted.

Has both the original rack and Hepco and Becker Engine bars, rear rack and a H&B topbox also included at the £3000 asking price.

Attached Files

#2 dogpuf

dogpuf

discovering Carpe

• 13 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:43 am

Those bikes look really clean

Good luck with the swap/sale

Edited by dogpuf, 29 December 2017 - 04:21 am.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users