Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Custom Designed Tdm Screen Ready To Go! High Impact Acrylic Version Is A Goer! - Sold

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#121 aslan63

aslan63

arrived on last train

• 4 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:26 pm

Hello Shane,
you did not answered yet!
I wanted to know the cost of shipping to Italy.

Thanks

#122 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:30 pm

Hello, Shane's secretary here....it sometimes takes him a while to get back to you but he will likely appear at some point.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#123 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:29 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Mon 30th Aug 2010, 06:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello, Shane's secretary here....it sometimes takes him a while to get back to you but he will likely appear at some point.

Thanks for fielding that one Mr secretary. tongue.gif Strangely I do have a life outside Carpe TDM. laugh.gif

Firstly I think I need to clear up a couple of issues re sizing. Most people seem to get the sizing thing about right. But here's the IMPORTANT bit.
It's absolutely critical that when you do the sight readings you must have somone else hold the measuring tape for you so that you can sit in your normal riding position with your hands on the bars & both feet on the ground whilest holding the bike upright. It's also vital that you look at the 10m marker first & then lift your eyes to the 20m marker WITHOUT MOVING YOUR HEAD.

I also take note of Kenny111 comments re the rubber washers & I'll try to find some a bit harder but not so hard as to limit their shock reducing potential.

to answer aslan63's shipping query. Cost would be about the same as to UK. i.e. 53 EUROS

drinks.gif to all.
cheers, Shane from Tassie

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#124 aslan63

aslan63

arrived on last train

• 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 04:52 pm

QUOTE(TDMtoraneko @ Thu 2nd Sep 2010, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for fielding that one Mr secretary. tongue.gif Strangely I do have a life outside Carpe TDM. laugh.gif

Firstly I think I need to clear up a couple of issues re sizing. Most people seem to get the sizing thing about right. But here's the IMPORTANT bit.
It's absolutely critical that when you do the sight readings you must have somone else hold the measuring tape for you so that you can sit in your normal riding position with your hands on the bars & both feet on the ground whilest holding the bike upright. It's also vital that you look at the 10m marker first & then lift your eyes to the 20m marker WITHOUT MOVING YOUR HEAD.

I also take note of Kenny111 comments re the rubber washers & I'll try to find some a bit harder but not so hard as to limit their shock reducing potential.

to answer aslan63's shipping query. Cost would be about the same as to UK. i.e. 53 EUROS

drinks.gif to all.

It's ok! tongue.gif
But....
Can I pay with post pay -Pay Pal?
And how should I proceed with the payment? huh.gif
Thanks!

#125 aslan63

aslan63

arrived on last train

• 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 01:37 pm

Nome [quote = ' aslan63 ' date = 'Mon 6 settembre 2010 , 18:52 post '= '176998 ']E ' ok ! : PMa ....Posso pagare con post pay- Pay Pal ?E come devo procedere con il pagamento? : huh :Grazie![/ quote]Ciao , vieni posso comprare Lo Schermo ? AGIRE posso venire ? grazie

#126 newstu

newstu

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:51 pm

hi there shane - i mailed you a couple of weeks back re a problem with the screen - any chance you could drop me a line reply please

thanks
2002 TDM 900

Please dont tell my Mom I ride a TDM - she thinks I spend my weekends in a brothel

#127 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:21 am

QUOTE(newstu @ Fri 10th Sep 2010, 06:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi there shane - i mailed you a couple of weeks back re a problem with the screen - any chance you could drop me a line reply please

thanks

Hey newstu I've sent you a PM.

Can everyone else interested in a TigerScreen please note that at present I'm not able to lay my hands on any suitable packaging. Oz post don't provide anything close to what
is required. In my previous employment I had access to plenty but now I'm only doing casual work which is in a completely different role so no packaging available there.
The other problem is that it also means I don't have a vehicle in the city to bring packaging home with me. dry.gif
I'm hoping that permanent employment ( with a car ) may be just around the corner which will enable me to make & ship TigerScreens again. smile.gif

I anticipate around early November, till then screen production is on hold. Very sorry guys sorry.gif

Airbox Mod ( JBX ), Krauser K-wing mount & Top Box, TDM Shield a.k.a TigerScreen Mk 2, HyperPro progressive rate fork springs, BeoWulf - Warrior exhausts,
Stebel Compact Nautilus Air-Horn with Eastern Beaver relay kit, Eastern Beaver PC-8 switched fusebox, Powerlet BMW style power socket
plus controller & heated gloves for the missus. Oxford v7 Heated Grips, V-Strom 650 HandGuards, Fenda extenda.

#128 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:23 pm

I anticipate around early November, till then screen production is on hold. Very sorry guys sorry.gif
[/quote]

Any news yet? could be interested if you start making these again.
MotoGuzzi Norge 1200GT. for Euro touring
Triumph Street Triple. For those hooligan moments......
Beta Alp 200. For falling off In muddy bits.
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

#129 TKH

TKH

full o shoite

• 2,199 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:25 pm

How many other people are interested? Just wondering if we could place a bulk(ish) order and make some savings on shipping and have a screen fixing weekend somewhere?

#130 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:53 pm

QUOTE(TKH @ Mon 6th Dec 2010, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How many other people are interested? Just wondering if we could place a bulk(ish) order and make some savings on shipping and have a screen fixing weekend somewhere?

Sounds like a good idea, I'm all for saving money!
I suffer from C.D.O. It's like O.C.D. but all the letters are in the correct order, just as they should be.

banner1.jpg

#131 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 07:21 am

QUOTE(buzz750 @ Tue 7th Dec 2010, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like a good idea, I'm all for saving money!

Yes I agree but I've been asked this before by another member. Unfortunately The largest parcel size that Oz post will ship is just larger than the biggest screen I've shipped.
They don't have discounted rates for multiple packages shipped to the same address either.
I also investigated bulk shipping via airlines & that's just horrendously expensive. ohmy.gif Sorry to say we're stuck with Oz post & individual shipping cost.

I should be up & running for more screens by end of January. Far too much on the go between now & new year to do any before then.

drinks.gif

#132 Manx1200

Manx1200

has been here 4ever

• 1,040 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:46 pm

QUOTE(TDMtoraneko @ Tue 7th Dec 2010, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I agree but I've been asked this before by another member. Unfortunately The largest parcel size that Oz post will ship is just larger than the biggest screen I've shipped.
They don't have discounted rates for multiple packages shipped to the same address either.
I also investigated bulk shipping via airlines & that's just horrendously expensive. ohmy.gif Sorry to say we're stuck with Oz post & individual shipping cost.

I should be up & running for more screens by end of January. Far too much on the go between now & new year to do any before then.
drinks.gif

OK thanks Shane, will keep an eye out for news

banner1.jpg

#133 alextdm

alextdm

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:12 am

Hi Shane,

I've been reading this topic and become very enthusiastic about your screen, the only sad thing is that you ain't got one for the mk2 (4TX). Do you get contact with that bloke in your neighbourhood? Is there a local bikeshop that have a mk2 (4TX) which allows you to take measurements.

As several other mk2 (4TX) owners i'm also interested in a quiet way to travel with my bike. rolleyes.gif

#134 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:41 am

G'day all. Stuck my head up so you know I'm still alive. tongue.gif Currently I'm testing a new proptype screen ( TDM Shield ? ) aka TigerScreen Mk2.

This one looks less "Touring" & more "Sporty / Dual purpose" ...hopefully. smile.gif & will likely cover a range of rider heights. Thanks to AZZA (Aaron) for the inspiration. good.gif

Will post photos & update of progress soon. drinks.gif

Oh....almost forgot the Mk2 850 blokes laugh.gif Testing of a screen seems likely soon. ambusy.gif

Edited by TDMtoraneko, 26 January 2011 - 10:44 am.

#135 alextdm

alextdm

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 06 April 2011 - 08:10 am

Any progression for us mk2 850 blokes? rolleyes.gif

Edited by alextdm, 14 April 2011 - 09:57 am.

#136 Toraneko

Toraneko

Carpe Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:18 am

QUOTE(alextdm @ Wed 6th Apr 2011, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any progression for us mk2 850 blokes? rolleyes.gif

May have some good news soon for mk2 850 riders. Stay tuned!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users