#21 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:38 pm

QUOTE(zippychips @ Sun 22nd May 2011, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
interesting project....i used to own an XTZ 750 and used to frequent xtz750.com the general concensus there was you couldnt put a 900 engine in to a 750/850 frame with out major modification, apprantly the back end of the 900 lump is a bit wider than the 850 in order to accomodate the 6th gearhope its doesnt get too complex...and best of luck!id be interested in the calipers if your getting shot!!!
I will be keeping the calipers for the project mate. a 900 does indeed go in to the trx chassis, albeit with a little bit of work:
QUOTE(Moose @ Sun 22nd May 2011, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can ya gimme a price for both footrest hangers please mucka? and their general condition i.e. bent or not
I will be hanging onto the cans for the time being, they could be going on the TRX for the time being.

#22 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:52 pm

QUOTE(Coxylaad @ Sun 22nd May 2011, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will be keeping the calipers for the project mate. a 900 does indeed go in to the trx chassis, albeit with a little bit of work:I will be hanging onto the cans for the time being, they could be going on the TRX for the time being.

SO!! It can be done. That looks like an Awesume bike, wish you luck and build well with yours

Please lets see pics.

Ive paid you for the clock surrround so finally can drill some holes

cats

#23 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:53 pm

hey coxy, i'm still after a set of 900 forks if they are going....

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#24 joekia

joekia

arrived on last train

• 4 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:49 am

Would be keen if you could quote me the full fairing stay set, seat and exhaust.

#25 sireastwood

sireastwood

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:04 am

QUOTE(Cats @ Sun 22nd May 2011, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sold

Ya bugga.... lol the only bit i am after......... i should have been quicker.. mine has a bit missin fron the right h/s lower.... if ya drillin holes in it were ya puttin em?????

Edited by sireastwood, 23 May 2011 - 04:09 am.

Muppet with a spanner
I'm not afraid of death. It's the stake one puts up in order to play the game of life.
Black 07 Niner wiv scott oiler and The House Of Henty Stainless Enjun Kit(Thanks Lee)
Crash Bungs......(Thanks again Lee)
Stainless brake pad pins ...(Thanks again Lee)
Double Bubble Screen, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts,Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan,Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace (Thanks Moose)

#26 Moose

Moose

Master Cake Baker

• 3,312 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:00 am

Forget the pm fella just r-read ta post, consider them sold

Pm ya paypal and I'll sort it for ya

Moose

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carpe-TDM.net - A place where everyone can have their cake and eat it!!!!!

TDM900/A 2007 Black, DL650 XTZ1200 Super Ten Handguards, Oxford Heated Grips, Double Bubble Screen, Fenda Extenda, Pipe Werx Oval Black SL Zorsts, R+G Crash Bungs, Mirror Extenders, Wilbers Rear Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload, Wilbers Progressive Fork Springs, Scottoiler Touring Kit, Clear LED Rear Light Unit, Clear Indicators, PUIG Bellypan, V46 + 2 x E41 Keyless Luggage, Black Renthal 755 Medium Road Bars with Brace, 3 x 12v Accessory Socket, Beowolf Rad Guard.

TDM has moved on, i now own a Black 2009 Honda VFR 800 VTEC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without cake, we are merely just people who ride bikes

#27 steves100uk

steves100uk

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:05 am

Hi mate. Can I have dibs on the seat.
Thanks
Steve

#28 3vd

3vd

PM Sent

• 2,665 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:19 am

Very Very Nice!
Have you got a blog about your build, I'd be very interested in reading more. Are you getting it set up on a rolling road or anything like that?

#29 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:39 am

QUOTE(TonyDevil @ Sun 22nd May 2011, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey coxy, i'm still after a set of 900 forks if they are going....
Alright Tony, Forks are yours if Chris B isnt interested.
QUOTE(joekia @ Mon 23rd May 2011, 02:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would be keen if you could quote me the full fairing stay set, seat and exhaust.
Seat is gone, exhaust is on hold, and I am not sure what you mean by fairing stay? Do you mean the frame that holds the clocks and the front fairing?I still have that
QUOTE(steves100uk @ Mon 23rd May 2011, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi mate. Can I have dibs on the seat. Thanks Steve
Seat gone sorry.
QUOTE(maximuspetrolhead @ Mon 23rd May 2011, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very Very Nice!Have you got a blog about your build, I'd be very interested in reading more. Are you getting it set up on a rolling road or anything like that?
This isn't my bike, its another bike from Germany that has a 900 engine in it, as far as I am aware its the only other TRX to have a full 900 engine in it, I am not sure whether its got the fuel injection or its running on carbs though.

Edited by Coxylaad, 23 May 2011 - 07:35 am.

#30 zippychips

zippychips

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 114 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:49 am

QUOTE(Coxylaad @ Sun 22nd May 2011, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will be keeping the calipers for the project mate. a 900 does indeed go in to the trx chassis, albeit with a little bit of work:I will be hanging onto the cans for the time being, they could be going on the TRX for the time being.

that is awesome ...

i want one ...

#31 joekia

joekia

arrived on last train

• 4 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:37 am

The frame that holds both side fairings.

#32 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:02 am

QUOTE(joekia @ Mon 23rd May 2011, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The frame that holds both side fairings.

That will be 30 quid delivered to you my man

#33 Chris B

Chris B

just half a litre to go

• 827 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:55 am

QUOTE(Coxylaad @ Sun 22nd May 2011, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
right;
forks - unmarked lowers, tubes are excellent condition too. the back side of the dust seals are starting to perish a little, but all are in good working order. No pics of these as of yet.

Mirrors: only got the right hand one. the left was a little smashed. the mirror on the right one is a little tarnished at the bottom

headlight. Unmarked apart from one lug is snapped, but I have it and it will glue back together easily.

rear rack has 2 small holes drilled in it where the top box was fitted.

I am in county Durham

How about 140 quid for the lot plus any postage?

Don't worry about the mirror mine is in the same condition, by the rack I meant something else but the more I look at it the more I think it is after market it is a wire frame that sits ontop of that part of the rack, mine is colour matched(hence why I thought it was standard) but has cracked while I was away.

In they photo you can just see it it is sitting between the topbox plate and the rack, it does look very standard IMO.

I will take the forks and the headlight, Could you give me a price for it without the mirror and rack, but with the clutch lever and if you aren't using it, the clamp the holds the airbox to the throttle body.
Edit...

Part 29
Cheers

Chris

Edited by Chris B, 24 May 2011 - 10:57 am.

02 TDM 900, Silver. 85k miles 

Givi Box + panniers, Baglux Cover, Baglux Bag, R&Gs, Remus Cans, PC3, Air Box Mod, DL handguards, Hel Hoses, Heated Grips, LED Lights on handguards, Scottoiler, Scorpion Rad guard, Top Sellerie Seat, Gear Indicator, Stebel Nautilus, Wilbers Rear Shock, MCT reworked forks.

#34 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:58 pm

Coxylaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad - I'd like the black bits of shitty plastic which goes between the tank and seat and the frame, or just the right one if it still has it's lugs attached

Cheers, Alan

Edited by dandywarhol, 24 May 2011 - 09:00 pm.

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#35 tony_tony

tony_tony

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:19 am

Hi Coxy, good luck with the project, tis gonna be good. If you still have any of the following I'd like to have them:-
the black headlight surround that runs underneath the headlight,
the silver plastics that attach to the above mentioned surround and that the side fairings screw into,
the black plastic mountings that the clock display is screwed onto with three screws, am after that whole unit,
the handlebars,
any screws and lugs associated with the above,
cheers,

Tony
It can't rain all the time!

#36 copey

copey

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 113 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:10 pm

Hi, has the side stand been taken ? If not can you give me an idea on cost please.

Regards, Dave

#37 crispy

crispy

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:52 pm

Jesus, hadn't been on in about 5 days, vultures is very appropriate....

Next in line for the exhaust or cans if they go up for grabs....

I don't like YZ250's anymore.........check out my avatar, one literally kicked me in the ass

#38 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:13 pm

Got offered a 7k miles 9'er t'other week for £600 pooonds....think oil swallow me pride and buy the next wan that comes along.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#39 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:31 pm

QUOTE(Chris B @ Tue 24th May 2011, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry about the mirror mine is in the same condition, by the rack I meant something else but the more I look at it the more I think it is after market it is a wire frame that sits ontop of that part of the rack, mine is colour matched(hence why I thought it was standard) but has cracked while I was away.In they photo you can just see it it is sitting between the topbox plate and the rack, it does look very standard IMO.I will take the forks and the headlight, Could you give me a price for it without the mirror and rack, but with the clutch lever and if you aren't using it, the clamp the holds the airbox to the throttle body. Edit...Part 29CheersChris
well I was thinking 60 for the forks and 60 for the headlight.
QUOTE(Chris B @ Tue 24th May 2011, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't worry about the mirror mine is in the same condition, by the rack I meant something else but the more I look at it the more I think it is after market it is a wire frame that sits ontop of that part of the rack, mine is colour matched(hence why I thought it was standard) but has cracked while I was away.In they photo you can just see it it is sitting between the topbox plate and the rack, it does look very standard IMO.I will take the forks and the headlight, Could you give me a price for it without the mirror and rack, but with the clutch lever and if you aren't using it, the clamp the holds the airbox to the throttle body. Edit...Part 29CheersChris
I have both of them mate, but the right hand side one has had some sort of power socket/intercom fitting installed into it

#40 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:41 pm

QUOTE(tony_tony @ Wed 25th May 2011, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Coxy, good luck with the project, tis gonna be good. If you still have any of the following I'd like to have them:-the black headlight surround that runs underneath the headlight,
That lower bit is actually part of the full nose cone, correct me if I am wrong, and the nose cone on mine has a chunk out of one side of it, so you can have cheap, for what good it is.
the silver plastics that attach to the above mentioned surround and that the side fairings screw into,
i think you mean the top of the said nose cone?
the black plastic mountings that the clock display is screwed onto with three screws, am after that whole unit,
thats the main cockpit frame - 30 quid.
the handlebars,
The handlebars are replacement renthal items, very sturdy and nice, 20 quid any good to ya?
QUOTE(copey @ Wed 25th May 2011, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, has the side stand been taken ? If not can you give me an idea on cost please.Regards, Dave
tenner?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users