112 replies to this topic

#1 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:59 am

For those of you who have not been following the Tall screen experiments, Only of interest to giants!? thread.
We have been trying to source the moving top section from a Vario Touring Screen at a reasonable price.

Attached File  Vario_Wing.jpg   40.83KB   169 downloads

The best price so far is delivered to you in the UK will be about £36 (I can be more precise when I know how many we are ordering), if we can order at least 5 of them.
So please let me know if you are interested.
We may be able to sort something out delivery wise for those who are not fortunate enough to live in the glorious UK.
By the way the same retailer does the complete screen for £73.50.

Edited by Andy K, 05 February 2007 - 09:46 am.

TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#2 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:26 pm

I'll have one, I've got a few screens it might work well on one of them good.gif

#3 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 30 November 2006 - 10:14 pm

QUOTE(Emmett @ Thu 30th Nov 2006, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll have one, I've got a few screens it might work well on one of them good.gif

Put me down for one Andy good.gif thank's

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#4 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:49 pm

QUOTE(amarko5 @ Thu 30th Nov 2006, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Put me down for one Andy good.gif thank's

just fitted a set of pro lite bars. lower and wider than standard 900's, very comfy and a bit more aggressive riding position but seem to make the wind / turbulance worse at 70+ mph. would the vario thingy help here, (with standard screen?) if you think so...put me down for one please.
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#5 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 01 December 2006 - 09:04 pm

QUOTE(Andy K @ Thu 30th Nov 2006, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For those of you who have not been following the Tall screen experiments, Only of interest to giants!? thread.
We have been trying to source the moving lop section from a Vario Touring Screen at a reasonable price.

Attached File  Vario_Wing.jpg   40.83KB   169 downloads

The best price so far is delivered to you in the UK will be about £36 (I can be more precise when I know how many we are ordering), if we can order at least 5 of them.
So please let me know if you are interested.
We may be able to sort something out delivery wise for those who are not fortunate enough to live in the glorious UK.
By the way the same retailer does the complete screen for £73.50.

was just about to order one... thank god pc crashed last night.. can u put me down for one.. i`ll keep an eye on the updates to this... cheers
Well, everyone knows that the speed of light is 299,792,456 meters per second. and thats all very fine and dandy, and it explaines a lot in our universe ......or is maybe it opens up more questions than answers, and the most important of those is....what is the speed of dark?

#6 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 09:31 pm

QUOTE(Andy K @ Thu 30th Nov 2006, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have been trying to source the moving lop section from a Vario Touring Screen at a reasonable price.

Well done Andy - you've triggered something here. Any more winglet orders and there'll be agitation in the anti-windfarm lobby! smile.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#7 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:03 pm

kpnuts again..
could you put me down for two. Been on da phone to me bro-inlaw bout this item and sin he`s 6`5 he`ll apreciate all that can be done to save him from the wind. By way me and `big horro` brother n law should be at , hopefully , Squires Cafe in Sherburn Elmet tomorrow at 2 ish..feck the weather......
Well, everyone knows that the speed of light is 299,792,456 meters per second. and thats all very fine and dandy, and it explaines a lot in our universe ......or is maybe it opens up more questions than answers, and the most important of those is....what is the speed of dark?

#8 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:24 am

Hi, oil have one too please. Wick

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#9 GrahamI

GrahamI

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 12:36 pm

How do they fit on? Is it drill and screw? Sticky pads? Clamp on?

Also, wondering how well it willwork on a standard screen - will we all be looking for high touring screens now?? cool.gif

Graham

Blue 2003 900 on 04 plate, Kappa Wingrack and side cases, Givi Maxia top box, Renthal 755 bars, Oxford heated grips, KTM handguards, centre stand, fender extender, Scottoiler Touring, 12volt socket

#10 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:38 pm

QUOTE(GrahamI @ Sat 2nd Dec 2006, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, wondering how well it will work on a standard screen - will we all be looking for high touring screens now?? cool.gif

They are drill and bolt on but if you read Tall screen experiments, Only of interest to giants!? you will see that a clip on version is planned fro some time next year.
I have not tried one on a standard screen but its success will depend on how tall you are.
The original tread was looking at helping taller riders but it would possibly help if you are shorter than 6 foot.
There are probably quite a few standard screens kicking around gathering dust, so not a lot to lose if you want to try it.
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light

#11 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:40 pm

QUOTE(GrahamI @ Sat 2nd Dec 2006, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also, wondering how well it willwork on a standard screen - will we all be looking for high touring screens now?? cool.gif

Needs drilling at present - no-drill (clamp?) version supposedly in development for summer 2007.

See fitting instructions

This exercise has been driven by Baron's experiments with the tall Yamaha screen (+145mm). Standard screen + winglet = MRA VarioTouring without all the hassle?

Edited by Pict, 02 December 2006 - 01:42 pm.

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#12 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 01:52 pm

So that's 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 so far, so it looks like we have a viable order. good.gif
  1. Emmett 1 PAID
  2. amarko5 1 PAID
  3. techno virgin 1 PAID
  4. Kpnuts 2 PAID
  5. Fluteplayer 1 PAID
  6. wicklamulla 1 PAID
  7. lerk 1 PAID
  8. TDMtim 1 PAID
  9. Pict 1PAID
  10. danceswithmopeds 1 PAID
  11. BwfcDave1 1 PAID
  12. Tarmo 1 PAID
THEY HAVE ARRIVED

Edited by Landy, 21 February 2007 - 05:35 pm.

#13 Lerk

Lerk

really likes Carpe

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 02 December 2006 - 03:12 pm

I'll make one, it'll probably look neater than the one i made!

Cheers
LERK
LERK

No Trees were harmed by sending this message - Though a few electrons were mildly inconvenienced...

#14 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 03:37 pm

QUOTE(Lerk @ Sat 2nd Dec 2006, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll make one, it'll probably look neater than the one i made!

Cheers
LERK

You mean 'take' I think!
Added to the list.

Edited by Andy K, 02 December 2006 - 03:42 pm.

#15 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:08 pm

If this fits onto a standard screen I would really like one. I saw something similar on a kwacker earlier this year, been looking for those fittings ever since.
Paul

#16 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:12 pm

QUOTE(Pict @ Sat 2nd Dec 2006, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Needs drilling at present - no-drill (clamp?) version supposedly in development for summer 2007.

See fitting instructions

This exercise has been driven by Baron's experiments with the tall Yamaha screen (+145mm). Standard screen + winglet = MRA VarioTouring without all the hassle?

thanks for the fitting instructions....nothing too scary there ! just back home from 280 mile jaunt round derbyshire. the final 80 miles of motorway home confirms the decision to have screen extended.........pardon.?
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#17 Cavey

Cavey

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:49 pm

Does anybody know if this'll fit a standard MkII screen?
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

#18 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 06:57 pm

QUOTE(Cavey @ Sat 2nd Dec 2006, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The things come in various sizes.- the one to be ordered should fit, assuming the MkII screen is about the same width as the others (Begs the question, though, of being sure which winglet to choose, Andy - has this been decided? Or will the supplier allow one or two "rogues" in the batch?). The key lies in the positioning - the MkII may need you to make a different template (see fitting instructions in posting above)

Edited by Pict, 02 December 2006 - 06:58 pm.

#19 Lerk

Lerk

really likes Carpe

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:04 pm

QUOTE(Andy K @ Sat 2nd Dec 2006, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean 'take' I think!
Added to the list.

Yeah thats what i mean...
Cheers
LERK
LERK

No Trees were harmed by sending this message - Though a few electrons were mildly inconvenienced...

#20 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:56 pm

QUOTE(danceswithmopeds @ Sat 2nd Dec 2006, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If this fits onto a standard screen I would really like one. I saw something similar on a kwacker earlier this year, been looking for those fittings ever since.
Paul

QUOTE(Cavey @ Sat 2nd Dec 2006, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I only have access to a 900, so all I can say at present is that it matches the width and curvature of the original 900 screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users