168 replies to this topic

#161 graffig

graffig

arrived on last train

• 6 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:37 am

Hi folks,

New to the forum (thanks Dappers for all your help!) and just purchased my first MK1.

Appreciate this thread is a wee bit old now, however, I was wondering (as I will try and order various parts direct from Rafal with the help of Google translate) firstly, with the rack that he supplies, there's mention of several different types of luggage systems. Having never purchased a luggage system but in need of one for an upcoming trip, which ones do the rack Rafal builds fit?

Also, when ordering the crash bars (am I correct in seeing on his website that he provides two types?) is it best to ask if wanting the DRL mounts for these at the same time? Are these fabricated with the crash bar as a one piece?

And finally, which LED lights for the DLR brackets would folk recommend - drove back from Edinburgh a couple of nights ago and just managed to pick up the white lines on the A702 for guidance and direction :lol:  home

Appreciate any help folks and many thanks again for the sub  :good:

#162 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:54 am

And finally, which LED lights for the DLR brackets would folk recommend - drove back from Edinburgh a couple of nights ago and just managed to pick up the white lines on the A702 for guidance and direction :lol:  home

Appreciate any help folks and many thanks again for the sub  :good:

Hello !

You know DRL means Daytime Running Lights, so you might want to search elsewhere for your poor driving light problem; E.g. swap the bulbs for Osram Night Brakers or something similar....

Bjørge

#163 graffig

graffig

arrived on last train

• 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:59 am

Hello !

You know DRL means Daytime Running Lights, so you might want to search elsewhere for your poor driving light problem; E.g. swap the bulbs for Osram Night Brakers or something similar....

Hi Bjorge, many thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, with you on Daylight running lights, went slightly off topic and mixed my message up with another thought :) I'll check out those bulbs you mentioned for starters. I was wondering if something like these: http://www.advpulse....driving-lights/would work on the brackets Rafal provides - thanks again 

#164 graffig

graffig

arrived on last train

• 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:04 am

Hello !

Bjorge - would you have a link to the correct Osram Nightbrakers? Seem to be different H numbers (yes, you guessed it, I'm not mechanically minded at all!)

#165 RobinHood

RobinHood

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 119 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:28 pm

I'd love a 900 centre stand if theres another group order going anytime. Or details of where to order from direct. Cheers

#166 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:54 pm

Just contact Rafal http://www.rm-g.pl/y...alna-podstawka/  :)

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#167 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 18 September 2017 - 06:07 pm

I contacted Rafal direct and ordered a main stand and a set of large engine bars from him. Nothing to pay until he has made them and then pay and it takes around 5 days.

The product is excellent, the only problem I had was that the stand caught my link pipe, GPR alloy 2 in 1

I cut an inch off the right side foot and replaced the bung, everything works great.

#168 dmmsta

dmmsta

supporter of the "Anti-Dazzle" Club

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 3,627 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 18 September 2017 - 08:43 pm

I'd love a 900 centre stand if theres another group order going anytime. Or details of where to order from direct. Cheers

He's really accommodating if you wanted to tweak his initial design.
I asked about engine bars with a mount for some DRLs

Have heard good reports about the centre stand as per Richierex!  As Rafal makes them to OEM spec aftermarket exhaust can be a problem, but fairly easily remedied...

MY06 TDM 900 Blue over Silver 354906_45.png
-----
Fuel Pipes
Givi Top Box
Renthal 758's
Grip Puppies
MRA Bubble
Dip & Hi HIDs

To-Do:
LED DRLs
Loobman
Powercoat Wheels
Hand Guards

-----
MY04 TDM 900 Blue over Silver Parts Bin
MY02 TDM 900 Yellow over Black RIP
post-1-1150550733.gif...post-1-1150559830.gif...copilot_zpsgezqc0xz.jpg...hids.jpg...

#169 RobinHood

RobinHood

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 119 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 September 2017 - 09:43 am

Thanks guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users