77 replies to this topic

#1 Landy

Landy

I should post less and ride more

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 19 February 2007 - 11:54 am

After the sucsess of the first order for Vario Screen WingletsI have just received a request for another Winglet so I am starting a new list.
I used up most of the used packaging that I had saved on the first lot so I will have to buy some new packing which will add a little to the shipping costs. sad.gif
I will confirm the exact price with the supplier when we have a few more names but expect the cost to be around £40 delivered to the UK or £43 to Europe.
  1. k2col
  2. Stuart-900
  3. Endo
  4. Ted
  5. Yellowasp (landed)
  6. BigC (Full Screen)
  7. Keith

Edited by Landy, 20 May 2007 - 09:24 am.

TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light
Still in the shed:- BMW Hand Guards, Heated Grips, Aux Lamps.

#2 Stuart-900

Stuart-900

Carpe fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 190 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:36 pm

Hi Andy,

That sounds like a fine plan to me, please stick my name down

Cheers - Stuart
In the world of I.T. anything is possible (but only according to those that don't understand the problem)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2007 900 with Scottoiler, Starcom communications system, Givi engine bars, Stebel Magnum horn, ATC-2k digital video camera, Fender Extender, Vario winglet, seat, wheels, noisy engine type thing...
VFR 800 VTEC with Starcom communications system, ATC-2k digital video camera, seat, wheels, slightly different noisy engine type thing...

http://www.theultimatehigh.co.uk/

#3 BigC

BigC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:07 am

i would be interested in the full screen but dont trust my diy abilities to fit the winglet.

Twin Carbon Can Co Exhausts, TomTom Rider, Scotoiler, Wingrack 2 with 2xGivi E360 panniers, Monokey Plate / Monolock Plate, E360 topbox / E450 topbox, Fenda Extenda, MRA Vario Touring Screen, Stainless Steel Rad Cover, Top Saddlery Tank Cover, Suzuki DL650 Handguards, Pressure Alert Valve caps

Unused - Blue Tall Screen
"Most of the gear, absolutely no idea!"

#4 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:16 pm

I am sure that there will be someone not far from you who would be willing to help, where are you?
TS50ER, Suzuki GT125, Cagiva 125, Suzuki GT250 20 year gap. Honda CBF600. Discovered the joy of TDM, 1974 GT250 has joined the stable
Vario touring screen, Stainless Steel Rad Guard, Fender Extender (it came off), Givi V46 Topbox (inc brake light), SW-Motech Engine Bars, Wingrack, LED Tail Light

#5 BigC

BigC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:11 pm

QUOTE(Landy @ Tue 20th Feb 2007, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am sure that there will be someone not far from you who would be willing to help, where are you?

SE London

Twin Carbon Can Co Exhausts, TomTom Rider, Scotoiler, Wingrack 2 with 2xGivi E360 panniers, Monokey Plate / Monolock Plate, E360 topbox / E450 topbox, Fenda Extenda, MRA Vario Touring Screen, Stainless Steel Rad Cover, Top Saddlery Tank Cover, Suzuki DL650 Handguards, Pressure Alert Valve caps

Unused - Blue Tall Screen
"Most of the gear, absolutely no idea!"

#6 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 03:12 pm

If no one else chips in, I would be able to give you a hand as my outlaws live in Beckenham and I visit 3 or 4 times a year. So we could meet up on one of those trips.

#7 Yellowasp

Yellowasp

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:32 pm

what is this exactly ? Can't see the piccy.

Is for an 850MkII model and is it one of those screens that is adjustable ? Is it smoked ?

Think thats all the questions I have
Yellow Tdm 900 with lots of bits added

#8 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:43 pm

OK in order:-
This is the winglett

It is designed for the 900's but I think at least one of the first lot went on to an 850.

They are adjustable and smoked.

I hope that helps

#9 endo

endo

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 170 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:54 pm

Can you put me down for one also?

How would you like to be payed, I presume cheque is ok or my girly has a paypal a/c if that would be better

thanks

#10 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 06:04 pm

When it comes to it, a cheque will be fine.

#11 duibhce Kaelann

duibhce Kaelann

has been here 4ever

• 1,147 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 07:29 pm

this winglet will fit the standard 900 screen, right?
I might be interested in one as well then. What are the payment options for a continental like myself (I haven't got a paypall account )?
Yamaha XJ600S Diversion '94
Yamaha XJ900S Diversion '97
Suzuki SV650S '01
Yamaha TDM900 '04

Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré '08 + Yamaha TRX850 '97

I'll let go of my throttle when they pry it from my cold, dead hands...

#12 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 09:13 pm

Yes it does fit a standard 900 screen, you could send me a bank cheque or as AJ Blizzard did cash in a padded CD envelope.

#13 twinrider

twinrider

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:17 am

Landy, what's involved in fitting it to a 900, and what would it cost to send it to Tokyo?

Cheers,

Jim

#14 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:15 am

Fitting is relatively simple, it requires drilling four small holes in the screen. A full set of instructions and measurements is included. If required I could even include an appropriate drill bit.
Delivery to Japan will depend on how quickly you want it? The Post Office web site quotes £6.93 for "from 5 days" or "from 56 days" at £1.68 (which is cheaper than 1st class to the UK).

#15 Yellowasp

Yellowasp

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:58 pm

I'll defo have one if it can be fitted to the 850 MKII model. Can you confirm that the smoke colour is the same as the main screen as it would look funny a different colour.

I have the standard Yamaha screen for that year 1996.

cheers

#16 Landy

Landy

• 1,387 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 05:44 pm

Emmett had one of the first batch and I beleive his is a MKII. So he should be able to tel us how well the colour matches.

#17 Kpnuts

Kpnuts

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 157 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 21 February 2007 - 06:03 pm

I fitted this to my 850 II .. The screen is not has curved as the one on the 900 and so left a slight gap. Looking down on it there was a slight wedged space between the outer fitting and screen but I was reluctant to compress the fitting any further. I had no trouble with it at all.. our pot holed roads soon show up the bits that are not secured.
Although very sturdy I recently released the fitted and put a squelch of aqua seal ( meant for fish tanks, I thought that would be best) onto surface of fitting, cleaned it up then refit.

It seems that it works better for me if the vario is close to screen with half the max tilt.. I`m 6ft 2"
Well, everyone knows that the speed of light is 299,792,456 meters per second. and thats all very fine and dandy, and it explaines a lot in our universe ......or is maybe it opens up more questions than answers, and the most important of those is....what is the speed of dark?

#18 danceswithmopeds

danceswithmopeds

full o shoite

• 2,425 posts
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 21 February 2007 - 07:49 pm

Fitted to my '99 Mk 11. No probs. Like KP's mine had a small gap when I first fitted it, I slotted holes very slightly sideways with rat-tail file then tightened up a bit more .Gap gone. My screen has a deep gouge across top quarter from owner before me, so I was prepared to buy a new one if it split. Definitely a 2 hand job adjusting it, extra careful

#19 duibhce Kaelann

duibhce Kaelann

has been here 4ever

• 1,147 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:22 pm

Thanks for the offer and the info Landy, but I think I'll pass. I can get them at the same price with th eimporter here in Belgium but with less delivery hassle wink.gif
Yamaha XJ600S Diversion '94
Yamaha XJ900S Diversion '97
Suzuki SV650S '01
Yamaha TDM900 '04

Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré '08 + Yamaha TRX850 '97

I'll let go of my throttle when they pry it from my cold, dead hands...

#20 Yellowasp

Yellowasp

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:50 pm

QUOTE(Kpnuts @ Wed 21st Feb 2007, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I fitted this to my 850 II .. The screen is not has curved as the one on the 900 and so left a slight gap. Looking down on it there was a slight wedged space between the outer fitting and screen but I was reluctant to compress the fitting any further. I had no trouble with it at all.. our pot holed roads soon show up the bits that are not secured.
Although very sturdy I recently released the fitted and put a squelch of aqua seal ( meant for fish tanks, I thought that would be best) onto surface of fitting, cleaned it up then refit.

It seems that it works better for me if the vario is close to screen with half the max tilt.. I`m 6ft 2"

Is the smoked colour the same as the original yamaha one ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users