91 replies to this topic

#21 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:36 pm

Happy to facilitate.  I did factor in the low mileage ("low" in my book  = under 30,000 for a nearly 10 year old bike (just my opinion) and yours is indeed exceptionally low) and also the good condition.  Husband bought his mint 07 with 3 piece givi luggage (not ABS I grant you) and 15000 more miles on the clock  for £2600 so I reckon another £250 would be fair.  And he bought it at peak sales time, in July of this year (remember when the sun used to shine?).  If someone really wants it then they should stretch my estimate a wee bit, shouldn't they?

I wish you luck with the sale but no-one would want to offend by offering something way below your expectations.  I've never seen anyone slagged off on here for stating a price.  Maybe a few raised eyebrows, but that's all.

PS I was a horse dealer in Ireland for 15 years and I do love a good haggle.   :lol:

Please don't be offended by my banter, I hope it'll help everyone decide what your expectations are, unless you want to keep it for another decade when it'll quite possibly be worth a fortune! 

Many thanks for your comments, You have never been offensive so no problem there. If nobody wants it on here then its off to other places, probably, no rush as its tucked up now in a nice warm garage.

#22 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:45 pm

Not disputing the condition of the bike and you cant read my mind can you.....price it up and as i said if it's to expensive you wont sell or be prepared to haggle, anything i could by in the same condition as yours from a dealer would likely come with a warranty so you need to price accordingly, i mean it's not exactly ebay where we need to bid is it, or is it.....appreciate you want the best price but play ball.

"Blather" so sorry, would you accept £10,000 for it !! and i'll throw in a cake  :D

Its worth what its worth. I would have thought people on this site would know that, I certainly do. By all means pay  £1,000 more for a warranty, its your choice, personally i have never bought from a dealer, I check the bike over and take that chance. there is a large dealer near me who sells bikes on behalf of owners and takes £1,000 - £1,500 a pop. You could get a good warranty for that.

No need to bid, just want it, come and see it and take it away for what its worth. Easy or is it.

#23 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:00 pm

This is gettin' silly. :lol:
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#24 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:06 pm

Where is the bike located ?

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#25 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:15 pm

So then, guessing you (jono) have some inside info, or are channeling Mystic Meg.

Hello do you have a price in mind?

The price can be whatever the individual offering wants it to be, if the person selling wants to play fishing for prices and the offers are ridiculous....well they asked for it!!!  and +1 for mandatory pricing on bikes for sale! this thread is an example of what happens!

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#26 ProudViking

ProudViking

needs a 2nd hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:24 pm

Mine is far better than this one and you can have it for £20,000.

Many, many, many extras on it...

...Even a pretty mouth...

#27 Gdogg

Gdogg

has been here 4ever

• 1,163 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 21 November 2016 - 05:49 pm

Where is the bike located ?

Spain judging by the sign in the window in the main post :lol:

Poss Northern Spain looking at the greenery and the guttering, little to no rain in the South so no need for guttering.

That and not many venture down to the south, too damn hot bud !!!

Edited by Gdogg, 21 November 2016 - 05:56 pm.

<p> Now Sold 😔......850 MK2A 4TX6 in Silver, Stainless steel hand rolled slip on end can, stainless 2into1 headers, K&N air filter, Hagon progressive front springs, Gdogg modified rear shock, Else Made "Ridgeback" Gel Seat, Gdogg under seat fender extender, Powrspark leads, Carbon fiber effect vinyl wrap fairing decals & logos, Michelin Pilot Road2's, V-Strom hand guards, Givi monorack & box (colour matched side rails).

#28 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:22 pm

I'd double like this comment if I could Cliff. It just goes against the spirit of the forum to try and get people to get into some sort of bidding war. You know, the same people who'd ride miles out of their way to help with a mechanical problem, that sort of people.

Exactly the point muddy, i cant understand why it did'nt go straight to ebay to be honest.. i would'nt buy at £1000 now.

Its worth what its worth. I would have thought people on this site would know that, I certainly do. By all means pay  £1,000 more for a warranty, its your choice, personally i have never bought from a dealer, I check the bike over and take that chance. there is a large dealer near me who sells bikes on behalf of owners and takes £1,000 - £1,500 a pop. You could get a good warranty for that.

No need to bid, just want it, come and see it and take it away for what its worth. Easy or is it.

Yes your right its worth what its worth, but none of us know, only you, it's obviously worth more to one person than another ?? and at a reasonable price no reason for it not to sell on here.

No it's not, just put up a price for those who are interested, that's the easy solution, you may well get your price !!!

Edited by dablik, 21 November 2016 - 08:27 pm.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#29 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,177 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:46 pm

for me its simple, if you want to sell it on a forum bang a price up :good:

if you want to auction it,  stick it on ebay 

dont care if its done 400 miles, its a 9, nearly 10 year old  TDM, not a classic  :rolleyes:

#30 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:53 pm

Mine is far better than this one and you can have it for £20,000.

Many, many, many extras on it...

...Even a pretty mouth...

you obviously have experience.

dont care if its done 400 miles, its a 9, nearly 10 year old  TDM, not a classic  :rolleyes:

Spain judging by the sign in the window in the main post :lol:

Poss Northern Spain looking at the greenery and the guttering, little to no rain in the South so no need for guttering.

That and not many venture down to the south, too damn hot bud !!!

I actually said in an earlier posting that I had been to Spaiin and yes, its northern Spain, Near Panes in the Picos. Well spotted. The bike is actually in North East England

The price can be whatever the individual offering wants it to be, if the person selling wants to play fishing for prices and the offers are ridiculous....well they asked for it!!!  and +1 for mandatory pricing on bikes for sale! this thread is an example of what happens!

Not after highest offer, first with a reasonable offer takes it, its simple. And I though a pow mileage bike moght be worth something. God knows what some of the higher mileage and rough ones are worth!

#31 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:05 pm

you obviously have experience.

I actually said in an earlier posting that I had been to Spaiin and yes, its northern Spain, Near Panes in the Picos. Well spotted. The bike is actually in North East England

Not after highest offer, first with a reasonable offer takes it, its simple. And I though a pow mileage bike moght be worth something. God knows what some of the higher mileage and rough ones are worth!

This is bidding, unless i'm thicker than i was before  :lol:  good luck, i dont doubt you can move it on here, just the long way round.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#32 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:08 pm

No bragging about the final sale like a Pikey, once the deal has been concluded either.

#33 richierex

richierex

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:15 pm

This is bidding, unless i'm thicker than i was before  :lol:  good luck, i dont doubt you can move it on here, just the long way round.

And I thought bidding meant bidding, as in an auction. No auction here but i suppose i do have a reserve

No bragging about the final sale like a Pikey, once the deal has been concluded either.

I promise, but whats this Pikey business and what have you against them.

#34 jono49

jono49

has been here 4ever

• 1,183 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:17 pm

And I thought bidding meant bidding, as in an auction. No auction here but i suppose i do have a reserve

I promise, but whats this Pikey business and what have you against them.

Oh FFS dont go there :locco:

Don't get confused between my personality
and my attitude. My personality is who I am,
my attitude depends on who YOU are!

Skinny people are easy to kidnap.....Stay safe and eat cake!!!!!

#35 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:03 am

The travellers I used to buy horses from always added a grand or 2 to the yarn anyway. Gotta save face after haggling with a Brit bird. :lol:
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#36 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:17 pm

I think I've seen 'existence of god' arguments resolved in fewer moves tbh

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#37 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:28 pm

'existence of god'

Please esplain please.  :lol:

#38 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:39 pm

Please esplain please.  :lol:

Wellllll....look.......

Can I ride my motorcycle ?

YES !

"There is a god"

Job done

#39 TYREDNGRUMPEE

TYREDNGRUMPEE

has been here 4ever

• 1,627 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:44 pm

"There is a god"

I always thought that was Valentinos' job description.

#40 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,671 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:45 pm

its virtually unmarked,

It's downgraded from 'Unmarked' in the first post and listing title to 'virtually unmarked'.....Need to knock virtually a few hundred off now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users