#1 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:19 pm

So me ole RJs what I bought in Oz to pootle around wearing back in...err 2007 finally pooped out. Actually I dropped it but caught with my foot.. but the visor has a disagreement with me Motocross boot.

Anyways ... 2 other road helmets to choose from in loft . ....I guess they didn't like the loft heat too much as both have all interior sponge turn to mush. Arghhh.

So new helmet time...

My shortlist is

LS2 vector wake

Duchinni D705

Bell rs-2-tactical

Nolan N87

Anyone got any opinions/experiences of those or any other helmets worth consideration?

Whilst typing I have worked out what the strange dust was in me Motocross goggles.... It must have been foam. So that's two crosser helmets ruined too arghhhh
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:23 pm

Had the same happen to Ski goggles and shoes daps, not had any of them helmets but i quite like the Bell stuff, Nolan also but dont fit me head shape..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:51 pm

I'm a wimp and don't care about the make, but it has to fit well, be made of fibreglass or another mesh process, and be full face. Currently have a Shoei GT Air i bought for 50% off from a mate who couldn't use his glasses with it because it pinched the sides of his head....he has  wider/rounder face shape more suited to Arai lids. It's a good lid, pretty quiet, seals well and doesn't wallow about in the slipstream

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#4 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:29 am

yep the sponge inside of me Schuberth C2 went powdery and fell ta bits.  I could not get replacement parts in the UK despite the importer trying to help me out and a retailer checking thru their old stock.  Luckily i found a new skull cap fer sale in Germany and it saved the day as i didn't want to buy a new lid.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#5 harvey krumpet

harvey krumpet

has been here 4ever

• 2,049 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:51 am

yep the sponge inside of me Schuberth C2 went powdery and fell ta bits.  I could not get replacement parts in the UK despite the importer trying to help me out and a retailer checking thru their old stock.  Luckily i found a new skull cap fer sale in Germany and it saved the day as i didn't want to buy a new lid.

Are you modelling it in your profile pic Wicky? I always wondered

TDM 850 Loud and unusual. CRM 250r Woo hoo! DT 230 Lanza Fiddled with.... Bloody hell, is that legal? GG Randonee AKA "I didn't think that was possible".

#6 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:01 am

Are you modelling it in your profile pic Wicky? I always wondered

thas when i used to model for Cadburys Milk Tray.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,508 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:41 am

My son had a helmet far too long. He gave it up when a spider appeared on his visor from above during a ride...
I use AGV cos they fit my head.
1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#8 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:33 am

I've got a  Nolan N87 and I'm very impressed with it. Really plush interior and very comfortable. I prefer it to my much more expensive Shoei Neotec. It's built well, mine's about 18 months old and pretty much daily, all year use. No issues with anything breaking, sticking, coming undone, etc. The only downsides are that replacement visors seem hard to get hold of, although I see Sportsbikeshop.co.uk have them in stock at the mo - pricey though (£40) and I haven't seen any cheaper pattern alternatives. They come with a pinlock insert too, but it's incredibly susceptible to scratching, far softer than inserts I've had on other visors.

Another brand to consider is HJC, I've had a couple in the past, and always been impressed. I'd have bought another HJC when I got the Nolan, but the Nolan was on offer for £117 at the time, so it was a no-brainer!

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#9 jiff

jiff

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:01 pm

.......my head’s Shoei-shaped.....and that’s where I always end up
had a Bell open face once, but, not only was my face/head not round enough to fill the available space,
but the inner foam, which was already noticeably ungenerous, disintegrated in a matter of months...
......no Bell-man me.
(used to like Griffin back in that day.....but sadly......

Jiff

#10 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:08 pm

Thanks for all the info chaps. ML appreciate the detailed description and NL87 info.

Just happened to pop in to a superboikeshop this arvo and tried the N87 on...as ML mentioned very plush and good fit for me noggin. I also tried on a number of others...shoei not good fit for me noggin, arai not bad. They didn't have the bell one in or the other Juan.

Also tried on a HJC what was cheaper than Nolan but just as comfy and fiberglass... funny you mentioned HJC ML, as that at also fitted nice.

Lucky working in same place Monday so they are gonna get the others in for me to try.

The back of me legs have ripped ooot on me trooosers so could be an expensive day. ....

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#11 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:47 pm

HJC is a winner for me, only changed to Shark cos the lid flipped all the way open, next buy is HJC again, very good helmet for the money.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#12 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:08 pm

I just added a shark to me Monday list dabbers after remembering how good me old juan was and how good they were at sorting out spare parts.

#13 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:11 pm

Love me Shark daps, love that it can be full face or flip lid, comes into it's own on a hot day with the front of the lid flipped out of the way at the back of the helmet, still have a full face HJC carbon lid which has been sat in the dark for a long time now, need to check it's still usable eh.

#14 fixitsan

fixitsan

Carpe Citizen

• 4,667 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:50 pm

Worth buying from a good dealer..

https://www.itv.com/...Ko8WsxrooXDePTM

900 with better bits. Owes me nothing, Makes me smile

#15 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:35 pm

I've got an LS2 Metro, good value and a great price, comfy with good airflow and best of all, it doesn't let water in.  They use their own design pinlock on the Metro model,which isn't the best design.  Was seriously considering the N87 but ended up with the LS2 as the store didn't have the colour I was wanting at the time.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#16 Hombre

Hombre

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:42 pm

Safety Helmet Assessment and Rating Programme

Helmet test results here;

https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/

<p>BSA C15T, Ducati 200 Elite, Villiers Cub Trials Bitsa, Ariel Huntmaster, AJS 650 CSR, Sunbeam S7, Suzuki 650 Katana, Honda 400-4, Bultaco 350 Sherpa, Cotton Minarelli, Fantic 303, Yamaha SRX 400, Yamaha 550 Virago, Kawasaki ZZR 1100,  Fantic 305, Yamaha TDM 850 '91, Yamaha TDM 900 '04.  Ducati 200 Elite (again and now completed restoration), Yamaha SRX-600

#17 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:57 pm

Why do people still colour code after leaving primary school? Highly annoying!

#18 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:01 pm

Thanks again for all the info. Just ordered me new skid ... A Nolan N87 on lion and got some shplongs off with me long forgotten discount code.... And Tishabelle bought half of it.

Didn't bother with new pants, Tishabelles ma gone sew me old uns up.... Can't deal with too much new stuff at one time.

#19 dablik

dablik

• 10,735 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 08:23 am

Be careful daps or your gonna start looking like Worzel as well :D

#20 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:26 pm

"next day delivery" ... Ordered 15th, arrived today.

Defect to helmet and sun visor is scratched and does not function.

First and last order...glad I didn't get shreddies too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users