11 replies to this topic

#1 toddyboy

toddyboy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 121 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 19 February 2024 - 03:03 pm

I've got two TDM's but the 850, which I've had for eons, suits me better. I can't put my finger on why that is though. The 5 speed gearbox maybe, or the way it pulls out of corners. Somehow I find it more satisfying to ride even though the 900 is younger, lighter, quicker, and to be honest in better shape. Also, I don't need two really. Nice to have, but rooms getting tight in the garage with an 850, a Norton Atlas, two Suzy GT's I'm restoring and my sons CB400N Superdream squeezed in there. 

This Black 900 is a beaut though. I bought it off my son in law about a year ago and I've been through it thoroughly and ironed out any bugs it had plus accessorised it quite a bit mainly cos I've ridden a TDM for over 24 years now and I know what they need to make them run well and look good:

All 3 keys present which includes the red one.

Recently serviced with new oil, air filter and plugs

HID Zenon White headlamp bulbs fitted which are a vast improvement for night riding 

New JT chain & sprockets with only a couple of hundred miles use on them

Front wheel bearings recently renewed 

Cold Start Mechanism recently serviced                           

Double bubble dark smoke tinted screen 

Oxford Intelligent Heated grips 

Waterproof dash mounted USB connection for iPhone & SatNav 

TDM logo wheel rim decals 

40mm mirror bar extenders 

Adjustable/folding anodised black alloy levers with TDM logo 

New centre stand 

52 litre back box (fits 2 helmets) with a dual USB jack in it

Powerbronze bellypan 

Top Sellerie custom gel seat 

Twin discs up front with X-R1 blue pot dual calliper brakes

Rear disc brake

Shod with a Metzler on the front wheel & Michelin on rear, both with plenty of tread on them still.

I've replaced the OEM exhausts and man, what a difference that made! Stainless steel/carbon Force exhaust cans with s/s link pipes that allow much freer flow of exhaust gases than the OEM exhausts, are rust free, reduce weight and produce a lovely burble at tickover and muted roar when accelerating. What’s not to like! I still have the original exhausts which you can have, though I can’t imagine why you’d want to refit them. 

Done just over 50K miles. Runs sweet as a nut.

MOT'd till end September 2024

Can't upload pics on this site as their resolution is too high which is a shame as it's a lovely looking clean machine but you can see a video of it on my YouTube channel @ https://youtu.be/820D7n5Jivw or you can see it advertised on Facebook Marketplace, Gumtree and Friday Ad

Asking £2,750 for it.

I'm in Kent, near Maidstone

Edited by toddyboy, 20 February 2024 - 11:04 am.

#2 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 19 February 2024 - 07:53 pm

I might have a buyer for you - I've just sent off a link to it. Will let you know when I get feedback (Lovely condition)

I might have a buyer for you - I've just sent off a link to it. Will let you know when I get feedback (Lovely condition)

Sorry ChrisR - I just got feedback from her old man and he said too big for her. Good luck with sale (you'll regret it).

#3 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 19 February 2024 - 10:28 pm

Not me guv, but you’re right - he’ll regret it, they nearly always do!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#4 OriginalFazer1

OriginalFazer1

arrived on last train

• 1 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 20 February 2024 - 08:16 am

Link to the Gumtree advert. 

https://www.gumtree....2005/1474262198

#5 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 20 February 2024 - 05:18 pm

Not me guv, but you’re right - he’ll regret it, they nearly always do!

Oops sorry for mixing names

#6 toddyboy

toddyboy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 02:36 pm

Had this up for sale on FB, Gumtree, this forum and a few other places but no genuine punters as yet, just the usual scammers and twats that always crawl out of dark places and bother you.

Am I pricing it wrong? I know it's got just over 50K miles but it's in really good nick. Check out a vid I made of it running (see link below)

https://youtu.be/820D7n5Jivw

#7 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 26 February 2024 - 09:53 pm

I'd say price is good and if with a service history on the button.

I think the problem with TDM's is they are a bit of a curiosity so you'll get a lot of curios lookers at sales time, as I did when I put mine up to get an idea of its value. The worst people are the traders, "just buying or looking for a friend", who expect extreme discounting to "get it off your drive". Unless your desperate hold the price. Who knows, "fixitsan" might soon be in the market.

#8 toddyboy

toddyboy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 February 2024 - 08:08 am

I'd say price is good and if with a service history on the button.

I think the problem with TDM's is they are a bit of a curiosity so you'll get a lot of curios lookers at sales time, as I did when I put mine up to get an idea of its value. The worst people are the traders, "just buying or looking for a friend", who expect extreme discounting to "get it off your drive". Unless your desperate hold the price. Who knows, "fixitsan" might soon be in the market.

This bike doesn't have any service history, other than a few receipts and what I've done to it. It's had six owners. Lovely bike, but I guess you're right, they're a curios to people who don't understand what they are and just how good they are. 

#9 Robodene

Robodene

Robodene

• 1,515 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 27 February 2024 - 09:01 pm

To get photos onto the site, we used to send them by email to ourselves which reduced the resolution. Don't know if that still works. 

1940s Ariel 350 (ex-military) Khaki > Black & White '56' Kymco Venox 250 Metallic Grey '56' TDM 900/A (ABS) Silver[b] '56' Yamaha MT-03 White <p>[b] '14' Yamaha MT-07 Matt Grey[b] '17' Honda Rebel 500 

#10 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 28 February 2024 - 09:54 am

I always found MS Paint the easiest - shrink it to whatever size you need and then save as jpg, it usually ends up a really small size.

The trouble with phone shots is they are full HD shots these days, whereas for a forum they only need to be about 10-20% of the size. Not sure about iPhone but on Android I just go into the settings for the photo in the gallery and click resize, and change to about 600 wide/tall, and it saves it to a manageable size.

#11 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,782 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 28 February 2024 - 10:37 am

I always found MS Paint the easiest - shrink it to whatever size you need and then save as jpg, it usually ends up a really small size.

The trouble with phone shots is they are full HD shots these days, whereas for a forum they only need to be about 10-20% of the size. Not sure about iPhone but on Android I just go into the settings for the photo in the gallery and click resize, and change to about 600 wide/tall, and it saves it to a manageable size.

Not in the menu as such on an iPhone, but there’s a trick you can employ by creating a short cut to do the job for you that seems to work quite well. 

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#12 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 29 February 2024 - 02:13 pm

You’ll just have to keep it!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users