#1 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 28 February 2024 - 01:28 pm

Hi all, some very sad news, Pete passed away on Saturday after a long and brave fight against Myeloma. Pete was a stalwart of this group and a keen TDM fan, I think he's had three or four in total. I'm in touch with Clare, I'll post the funeral arrangements when she shares them. Clare hasn't put anything on Facebook yet, so please don't post anything on there about this for now. I've messaged some of his old friends who may not see this post separately. 

RIP Pete and ride on brother.

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#2 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,780 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 28 February 2024 - 01:43 pm

That's a shame. Lovely fella. He did like a good yarn though. Please pass on my condolences to Clare.

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#3 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 28 February 2024 - 05:05 pm

Sad news.  A genuinely lovely bloke who would always find the time to chat with anyone.  I thought he was mad in the IoM when we said you can't possibly ride anticlockwise round the TT course and made us all ride 30 odd miles to get somewhere instead of a few miles in the opposite direction...he was right though, it was way more fun. :D

szgltom.jpg

RIP Pete.

Please pass on my condolences to Clare.  She came out to the 2011 German Megatreff and we all had a great weekend.

Edited by ChrisG, 28 February 2024 - 05:05 pm.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#4 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 28 February 2024 - 06:19 pm

RIP Pete  :(

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#5 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 28 February 2024 - 06:24 pm

I last met Pete at Mallory Park race circuit when I was out for a toodle around on a borrowed Yamaha TZ350 back in 2012. Later that week he sent me some photos he'd taken from Mallory Hairpin - he was as buzzin' as I was being out there..............

We reminised and laughed over the loss of a missing meal price at the 2008 RTT at Castlegregory. Pete didn't think the meal was good value and didn't pay - it took a search party to go out and find him in the Bunkhouse attempting to convince us the meal wasn't worth it by clutching his stomach in discomfort  :lol: .

Here's his excellent video of the Castlegregory RTT - sadly there are a few in there no longer with us - time for reflection.......................................RIP Pete7 

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#6 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,446 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 28 February 2024 - 06:36 pm

Another gone, RIP Pete.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#7 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,759 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 29 February 2024 - 09:27 am

A proper Gent...RIP Pete.

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#8 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,092 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 29 February 2024 - 11:57 am

A real nice guy made a few bits for him over the years
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#9 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 29 February 2024 - 05:44 pm

Never met, but felt we had by being on here. I'm sure he'll be long remembered. RIP fella....
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#10 ramo

ramo

has been here 4ever

• 1,179 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 29 February 2024 - 09:41 pm

I met Pete once, just by chance, in Hartington by the duck pond,

sorry to hear of his passing, RIP Pete 

#11 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 01 March 2024 - 12:01 am

A poignant song to go with the video, sadly we are losing more and more of the Carpe “golden years” riders. Make the most of it fellas, the road’s getting shorter!

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#12 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,361 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 01 March 2024 - 06:19 am

Never met him but if a carpedian he must have been a goodun, ride in peace Pete.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#13 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,254 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 01 March 2024 - 09:00 am

R.I.P. met him a few times always a good conversationalist  

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#14 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 01 March 2024 - 05:55 pm

Been messaged about Pete this afternoon. Very sad news.

A remarkable man

Hugs to Clare

Cats

Attached Files

• Attached File  34.jpg   74.48KB   0 downloads

Edited by catsbum, 03 March 2024 - 11:11 am.

#15 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 01 March 2024 - 08:11 pm

Hi all, Clare posted the following on Facebook this afternoon. I'll be going to the funeral, be good if a few more of us could make it.

It is with great sadness we are sharing with you the passing of our wonderful husband, dad and grandad Peter Kelly. Peter passed away peacefully at home surrounded by his family on the evening of Saturday 24th February.
Peter was a fighter until the end, having battled for 2 years with Multiple Myeloma whilst under the brilliant care of the best wife and nurse ever (Clare) and of course the wonderful NHS District Nurses, PIU at Halton Hospital, St Rocco’s Warrington and Macmillan care team.
He was full of love, humour, endless positivity and passion for all things to do with Buses, Motorbikes and music.
Peter never stopped making friends, from South Shields to Warrington with stop offs along the way in Bahrain and China and on many holiday adventures with loving Clare. A life well and truly lived to the fullest. He will be so sorely missed by so many and we loved him with all our hearts.
Peter's life and personality were reflected in his wonderful decision to bring along his guitar each week to the St Rocco’s coffee afternoons in Warrington.
He would play music and also be there to talk and listen to the brilliant staff and patients. These sessions at St Rocco's were a real highlight for Dad in the last 2 years.
The St Rocco's staff at Warrington also provided essential support for our family. With this in mind, we would love it if you could please take the time to donate to St Rocco’s following the link below. Feel free to accompany your donation with a memory or message of Peter for his friends and family:
Details of the service and celebration of Dad’s life are below:
Date: Wednesday 20th March
Time: 2pm
Venue:
Walton Lea Crematorium
Chester Road,
Higher Walton,
Warrington
WA4 6TB
Peter's service will be followed by a wake at a local venue to be confirmed, where we can gather and celebrate Dad’s life and share our memories.
If you would like to attend the wake, please can you email davidkellydrums@gmail.com to confirm your attendance.
This will give us an idea of numbers to cater for.
Thank you so much

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#16 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,217 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 04 March 2024 - 10:47 am

So sad to hear this. He was a big part of Carpe and will be sadly missed. RIP Pete.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#17 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 21 March 2024 - 01:38 pm

Pete got a good send-off yesterday. A turnout so big half the people couldn't get into the main crematorium room and had to stand in the lobby. At the wake afterwards, the pub was packed. Pete's best friend and primary schoolfriend Paul gave an excellent and very moving eulogy. Carpe were represented by myself and a certain Dandy Warhol, who came all the way from Edinburgh! Great to see you again Alan, even though it was such a sad occasion.

Follow me on twitter

#18 tullyhubbert

tullyhubbert

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 April 2024 - 08:06 am

Sad news, met Pete a few times at TT get togethers and rode a few spirited laps with him! Really nice fella, belated condolences to the family. 

Signature test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users