2008 reg. Black TDM 900 ABS

#1682 dagosh88

dagosh88

sticking around

• 22 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:09 pm

Hello, guys,

I'm new to this forum, and to UK. Just moved in 3 month ago as I found my dream job (I'm a senior design engineer at Triumph).

I previously lived in Bucharest and worked for Dacia, designing cars.

I've had the TDM for 3.5 year now, a very good do it all motorcycle (only my second one, I had a GPZ 305 before).

I've managed to put on 50000 km extra on the dashboard by now, it enjoys seeing Europe apparently :D

As I really enjoy 2 wheels I made a bicycle rack special for my TDM 900. This way I can enjoy both of them the same day.

This particular motorcycle means quite a lot too me, as it represents the reason I quit smoking. I didn't have enough money at the time to buy a new motorcycle so I needed to do something. So I quit smoking and I put aside all the money I would have paid on cigarettes, this TDM is the result of that (2 years worth of smoking). Best decision I ever made!

From there on all the smoking money are going on vacations. :)

I will most likely register it in UK, I rode it all the way here from Bucharest. So I need to change the headlight and the speedometer to mph (still looking at how I can do that easily). That of course if I will not fall in to the desire of buying a brand new Tiger 800.

I've been looking at the g2g section but couldn't get myself to meet any of you guys. TDM owners are great all around the world, from what I've seen until now, bet you guts are the same! Hopefully that will be solved soon.

It's a bit hard now as my wife is 7 months pregnant and she can't ride with me anymore. I don't ride as much as I want to be near her and I love sharing the riding experience with her more.

With passion,

Dragoș

Attached Files

• Attached File  tdm2.jpg   169.48KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  tdm.jpg   231.63KB   0 downloads

#1683 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:34 pm

Vi and welcome!
Wow, *that* is a rack!!!
Bjørge

#1684 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 05 June 2017 - 10:26 am

Welcome Dagosh, nice rack  :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1685 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 05 June 2017 - 01:04 pm

Hi and welcome.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1686 bopster

bopster

seems to like Carpe

• 45 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:07 pm

Hi bopster here, been checking the site for quite a while as I decided my next ride would be a TDM850

4TX after a bit of research so the hunt for a suitable bike at the right price was on, went after quite a few

but none became mine then a TDM900 came up at the right price and just round the corner from my

so of I went to check it out, the bike looked good, sounded great only let down by grazed panels and tyres

that needed changing and a short MOT but I made an offer which was accepted and it was mine. I ran it around

for a couple of weeks then put some new tyres on it Michelin road pilot 3 which although still being scrubbed in

improved the handling, stuck it in for MOT and was more than pleased that it passed with no advisories, result.

Anyway hi to all, lots of questions coming up..............

Attached File  TDM 900.jpg   62.45KB   0 downloads

Kickstarts ! Remember them ?

#1687 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:00 am

Hi, and welcome ! Love that colour !  :)

Bjørge

#1688 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:15 am

welcome to the mad house :yeyeye:

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#1689 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 02:34 pm

Welcome to the club.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#1690 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 06 June 2017 - 03:07 pm

Greetings

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

#1691 muddy

muddy

full o shoite

• 2,973 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:19 pm

started on a Yamaha fizzy...
   thanks    martin       I am in essex 

Me too, fizzy to TDM. Rode my FS1E around Havering, what part of Essex you from?

Blue 04 TDM,PR2 rear Roadsmart front, Yamaha topox, Givi E360 panniers, PL pannier holders, BMW handguards, Yamaha touring screen, Scottoiler, 12v ciggie socket, carbon core HT leads

Gorn :sorry:

#1692 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:59 pm

TDM passed the MOT today with no issues :)

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#1693 martay

martay

discovering Carpe

• 10 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:28 pm

Me too, fizzy to TDM. Rode my FS1E around Havering, what part of Essex you from?

when on my fizzy was Dagenham but that was way back in 1976  now in aveley

#1694 CrashTestDuffy

CrashTestDuffy

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 124 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:38 am

Hi Folks,

Went into my local dealership a week ago for a litre of oil for my 2006 cbr600f and walked out with the oil and having somehow traded in the cbr for a 2009 tdm900...

Still getting to grips with the change but it's lots of fun to ride and a heck of a lot more comfortable over longer distances (clock up around 10k miles a year just around Scotland).

Thanks for letting me join and look forward to showing the new addition to the family the best of Scotlands roads.

#1695 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:15 am

Hello dare and welcome. An expensive oil change. :-)
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#1696 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• 1,758 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:31 am

welcome CTD

#1697 Favs

Favs

Sir Cumference

• 4,395 posts
  • TDM model: 2008

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:28 am

Greetings CTD

Single-handedly reviving the Wave.

#1698 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,213 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 02:37 pm

Welcome to the club.

#1699 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• 10,747 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:21 pm

Welcome CDT i reckon your bike already know's it's way around Scotland, just press auto pilot :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#1700 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,745 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:05 pm

Hi Folks,
Went into my local dealership a week ago for a litre of oil for my 2006 cbr600f and walked out with the oil and having somehow traded in the cbr for a 2009 tdm900...
Still getting to grips with the change but it's lots of fun to ride and a heck of a lot more comfortable over longer distances (clock up around 10k miles a year just around Scotland).
Thanks for letting me join and look forward to showing the new addition to the family the best of Scotlands roads.

You need to show it to us first! Welcome.

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users