17 replies to this topic

#1 YamiFizz

YamiFizz

arrived on last train

• 4 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 14 April 2024 - 08:50 pm

Hi all,

Is there anyone on the forum from the Chelmsford Essex area that could recommend a shop or a reliable mechanic that could carry out a service on a 2002 TDM900. It's not to include a valve check just usual service items. 

Many thanks.

#2 LAURENCEAUX

LAURENCEAUX

Carpe fan

• Pip
  • 192 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 15 April 2024 - 09:38 am

If you are new to your TDM or unaware of its past servicing, may I recommend the checking/servicing of the rear suspension mounts. It has been known to lockup and break the frame.

Attached File  WP_20180513_09_33_02_Pro2.jpg   27.44KB   0 downloads

#3 YamiFizz

YamiFizz

arrived on last train

• 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2024 - 11:03 am

Thank you for your reply.  :)

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,762 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:19 am

Does'nt look like anyone can help you out with your query Yami, if you've a mind to do it, the oil change and air filter, spark plug is really quite simple..

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 16 April 2024 - 09:56 am

Yeah it's not bad to learn the basics too.

Get the manual (if you haven't already - free to download from JBX's site) and read through what's required, it's not too difficult if you're ok with basic tool use and good chance to look below the surface and check for any issues.

If you really can't do it, I'd simply google for garages near you and check reviews. Most should be ok for basic service requirements.

I'm not too far away over to the West and use Mark Davall in Harlow for MOTs and anything I can't be bothered to do.  He's a small independent and a really decent bloke, but it's probably a bit far for you as you'd need to hang around all day while they do it. I'd recommend him if you want a day trip out though or can get a lift back, but I'm sure decent places must be closer if you look.

Edited by Nog, 16 April 2024 - 09:56 am.

#6 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,095 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 10:32 am

If you were closer or you could take a run up to Northamptonshire, I would be happy to help you out.
Others on here can vouch for my abilities.
I can show you how to do iit.

Edited by leehenty, 16 April 2024 - 10:34 am.

2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#7 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,447 posts

Posted 16 April 2024 - 05:32 pm

I'm not too far away over to the West and use Mark Davall in Harlow for MOTs and anything I can't be bothered to do.  He's a small independent and a really decent bloke, but it's probably a bit far for you as you'd need to hang around all day while they do it. I'd recommend him if you want a day trip out though or can get a lift back, but I'm sure decent places must be closer if you look.

I asked on another forum and got a second thumbs up for Mark Davall.
You won't have any probs with our own Leehenty either as many will endorse.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#8 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 17 April 2024 - 09:32 am

I asked on another forum and got a second thumbs up for Mark Davall.

Yeah he's a good bloke.  Straight talking and no flannel but in a good way if you know what I mean.

The kind of garage there used to be loads of, but unfortunately are a bit of a dying breed these days.

#9 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,361 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 17 April 2024 - 10:19 am

A day out visiting Lee would be a good thing as by the end you'll know the bike inside out and save on future servicing, if Lee can't fix it it aint broke!

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#10 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2024 - 05:15 pm

Engineers solving problems you didnt know you had, in ways you will never understand 😁
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#11 dablik

dablik

• 10,762 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 08:19 am

Engineers solving problems you didnt know you had, in ways you will never understand

:unsure2: ........................... :lol:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#12 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,095 posts

Posted 18 April 2024 - 01:18 pm

If Lee can't fix it it aint broke!

The Impossible Job we do immediately, Miracles take a little longer.

#13 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,447 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 20 April 2024 - 09:44 am

I can testify to that. I've had both done.

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#14 dablik

dablik

• 10,762 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 09:35 am

And then, there's the annoying, frustrating jobs  :)

#15 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,095 posts

Posted 21 April 2024 - 05:15 pm

Yes Cliff like RE Himalayan valves 🤪

#16 chrisr

chrisr

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 21 April 2024 - 10:33 pm

And stuck rear suspension bushes……

The Blue One : 2004 model owned 2010-2018 much loved, much missed and now living with a man in Scotland
The Black One : 2010 Model Registered 2013 owned 2018 - present.Beowulf Cans. Renthal 755s Grip Puppies,15w fork oil,DL650 handguards,givi engine bars,led spotlights,gipro gear indicator,shortened dogbones,LeeHenty CSM kit and stainless bits,Topsellerie seat,MRA Xcreen,grip puppies.PC III (dynoed). K&N airfilter,Fenda extenda.

#17 dablik

dablik

• 10,762 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 04:13 am

Yes Cliff like RE Himalayan valves

They'll be lining up for you now, all wanting posh valves.

Edited by dablik, 22 April 2024 - 04:14 am.

#18 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,095 posts

Posted 22 April 2024 - 02:25 pm

And stuck rear suspension bushes

Im still getting Counselling for that Chris🫣

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users