• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
  • Location:Often on another planet, but mostly south Cambs. (St.Neots)
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:56 pm

Well that is the first year of TDM ownership done today, is there any hope of parole or time off for good behaviour?

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

Save the planet, it's the only one with beer!

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 06 July 2020 - 06:29 pm

No!
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:15 pm

:drinks:

Still waiting for parole myself. :lol:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 Joe90

Joe90

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 105 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:28 pm

I always thought it was a life sentence.

#5 PICARD

PICARD

has been here 4ever

• 1,741 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:50 pm

14 years for me. Forgotten what the crime was!!
Lock onto my co-ordinates and beam me up !!

04 900 - 92 mk 1 - r 1150 rs - Z550 A1 - 2x bonnies - plastic slug -XL185 - ...not in that order !! (and one or two i don't want / dare to own up to !!)

#6 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:04 pm

Bugger, looks like I'll have to keep it then.... :good:

What a bloody shame.

Current toys: '99 XT600E, 2000 4TX, '82 Princess 30DS (where the username comes from), No longer a '03 Fazer thou.

#7 Joe90

Joe90

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 08:50 pm

17½ for me. I've gone the same way as red.

https://youtu.be/E-WyzuBg4hY

#8 Catteeclan

Catteeclan

full o shoite

• 2,433 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:01 am

I'm sure I'm no where near the longest at 18 1/2 years. That's 1 3VD and the rest 900s.

2002 TDM900 Yellow

#9 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 07 July 2020 - 06:29 am

I have my 15th anniversary with my MkI in a few weeks, only threatened by an affair with Sidestand's 9er for a coupla seasons. The old lady just watched as saying "when you get tired of that young girl you'll be back, begging on your knees". And so it happened.
Bjørge

#10 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:31 am

13 years for me, I have test rode others, but my niner is hard to beat for value. Keeping it.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#11 Kelpie

Kelpie

900 going for ... 1000cc?

• 944 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 09 July 2020 - 04:46 pm

12 for me. Whod a thunk it.
You don't need balls to ride a big bike.

#12 chrisbee

chrisbee

Carpe Addict

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 05:29 pm

Nearly 4 years for me... i only bought it to ride to Germany/Holland and visit some old haunts... but I absolutely love it ( cheers Mick, you were right, its a fantastic bike) my TDM is a true Carpe bike, owned and rebuilt by Studley, owned by Mick, and lent out to masterbrewer for a 10,000 mile jaunt whilst over from Australia, 👍👍👍

#13 Snowbird

Snowbird

Just won't go.

• 1,349 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:35 pm

Considering I'd never ridden one and only really seen a mk1 years ago that I'd took any notice of I bought mine on a total whim, just got the idea it'd make a nice replacement for my fazer thou when I decided it was quicker than my reactions and going to put me in hospital sooner or later, I did a bit of research and decided I wanted the later carbs of the mk2a and slightly better gearbox and started looking, looked at one that was conveniently between two airfields I had to deliver/pickup from in suffolk but although the reg said 2000 the frame code said 1997 but having a sit on it and listening to the engine had me convinced, got pipped at the post at a cracker in beccles (I hope the buyer is on here and it was as good as it sounded) and then made an offer on one unseen on ebay (after getting pics of frame code), picked up a week later and the rest is history.

Can't see me parting with it anytime soon as it gives me a good grin every time.

One friday after work I took it for about a 60 mile run and decided to take the fazer out afterwards to compare, the fazer went on ebay the next day..... I went to the pub after listing it and got an email offer while on the third pint. :good:

If I'd kept the 600 fazer I probably would have kept both as it was more fun but the thou just didn't seem to have any real soul after the TDM, it was quick as hell but too quick for twisties with me on it, I guess it goes back to me having a liking for big trailies, hence I still have my XT600 sitting in the garage.

With ms making my reactions slower and lack of feeling and coordination in my left hand it could well be the bike that sees me out, we'll see how long the affair lasts.

I can certainly see why people keep buying them back after straying.

#14 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 09:02 pm

14 years for me. Forgotten what the crime was!!

Same here.  :good:

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#15 Apache

Apache

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 02 October 2020 - 09:57 am

TDM grandad I'm afraid.........23 years preceded by a TRX which had to go after 12 months because it left me unable to walk after a trip to Italy. Loved the motor though so switched to my first 4TX3 That one never missed a beat and never cost me much in fettling in 112k miles.Up to 45k now on the 4TX2 that replaced it and again, no problems so far.

#16 trevini

trevini

has been here 4ever

• 1,770 posts
  • TDM model: 2004

Posted 02 October 2020 - 01:47 pm

Still running in my first one after 15 1/2 years. It should see me out :-)

2004 Galaxy Blue. Owned since 486 miles.Renthal 755 bars, Bagster tank cover, Oxford heated grips, DL650 hand guards, Double Bubble screen, Scorpion Rad guard, Gel pad insert, HLD undertray, Angry Badger tailtidy,  Michelin Road 5s, Givi E21s, E46 topbox, Ohlins shock and YSS cartridge emulators   Currently not fitted - PC3, Remus Revolutions.

LCErj.jpg

Putting up with the "niner" jokes since 2005
Check out http://www.hotcoldground.co.uk we're really rather good!
Like food? I feed people -  SmokinGrillGuy <p>

#17 JerryS

JerryS

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 04:26 pm

14 years here.

Fuel Cans, Baglux tank cover, Givi E21 panniers, Givi Flow top box, Yamaha centre stand, Garmin Zumo SatNav,, Givi engine bars, Barkbuster S1 handguards, Powerbronze Fender Extender and Headlight guards.

#18 AlanG

AlanG

Carpe Regular

• Pip
  • 106 posts
  • TDM model: 2001

Posted 03 October 2020 - 12:20 pm

owned mine for 20 yrs. Had a break from riding back in mid 2000`s but still get out occasionally.

#19 Bjørge

Bjørge

has been here 4ever

• 1,791 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:55 pm

Had the old cow for 15 years, had a date with a 9er for three years. The old cow is luvely albeit a bit thursty. Mk2 carbs received - waiting for the airbox 😎
Bjørge

#20 mh1848

mh1848

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 07 October 2020 - 03:26 pm

12 for me. Whod a thunk it.

and me

TDM 1991 - two into one micron mated with a A16 Road and Race Supplies Stainless short can - Conti Road Attacks - Kagazume Wavy Rear Disc - Bagster tank cover - homemade sheepskin seat cover on top of custom seat cover - NonFango topbox on homemade mount - custom fusebox - very loud airhorn and cyclone alarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users