#1 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:21 pm

Just checked my drivechain 10 link length using the excellent tool from Celticbiker  :good:  and it looks like I'm bang on the limit of 150mm.  I suspected as much as the chain is making weird noises when man hoovering the bike foreward and backwards.

Anyhoos, when I checked in with the Haynes book of wonderment I noticed that, despite the mk1 and mk2 having the same identical chain, the mk1 10 link stretch limit is 150mm but the mk2 limit is 159mm. :huh:  Anyone care to explain why this might be other than a typo ?

I'm gonna check in on the front sprocket to see if it's still loctite secured before biting the bullet on a new C&S kit.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:49 pm

Haa hoo humm.

Can check in yam book when I'm next there, see what that says. Quite a diff that.
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:41 pm

Cheers Daps, be good to know. :good:  The 9'er has a limit of 150.1mm. 

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#4 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:53 am

Well i was gonna say would the longer swing arm account furrit but then i saw the 9r referance, ya think a Haynes typo !

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 02:31 pm

So I had a mission for 2 items....

Dyson DC04 drive belt... 30mins LOCATED

YAM BOOK ...45mins ... GAVE UP

Got home, peered in loft and it was there!!!!

10 link length limit = 150.0mm

This happens to be 5.91".....which could be misinterpreted as 159mm if ewe have discaclulia and mix-a-ma-units .... Trying to be kind to Heinz.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 03:30 pm

:lol: That would make sense actually. I scanned the mk2 service manuel and there's no reference to chain stretch limit, a bit odd when the mk1 and 9'er manuels both have it.

Thanks for digging out the info, muchly appreciated. :good: Now go get that hoovering finished.  :P

#7 leehenty

leehenty

Backstreet Mechanikin'

• 5,080 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 07 June 2020 - 07:03 pm

DC04 ? That's practically a museum exhibit.
2002 900 silver,oil pressure switch with brass 90 degree conversion, RG fork protectors. Wilburs custom made rear Shock with remote hydraulic preload and RG shocktube, Wilburs front springs. Scotoiler with a custom made swing arm delivery unit. Silicone radiator hoses.BMW 1150 handguards with Touratech extensions, Carbon Fibre yoke cover and fender extenda, MRA flip screen, Yamaha Engine bars, SW Motech Centre Stand, Kappa wingrack three box Luggage with E21's as option from the K960 boxes, Zumo 660 satnav on Touratech mount, Led Voltage monitor, Baglux tank cover, Clear LED Rear light, Aux LED brake light, BikeVis bullet LED's under front  nose,Stainless rear axle nut, stainless chain adjusters, stainless wheel spacers front and rear, Probolt Polished Stainless Flanged Hex engine screws, Polished stainless fairing screws, stainless disc bolts. Titanium brake pins front, Probolt Titanium Flanged Hex Front Caliper Bolts & Rear caliper slide pins Adventure Spec Tool tube under rear rack, left and right sides with custom alloy mounts.<p>Top Sellerie double gel pad seat. Carbon Fibre inner dash and side infill panels. Anodised black alloy swingarm pivot bolt covers and footpegs, Nano II Gear indicator.

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:11 pm

My nephew has been a vacuum enthusiast since the age of 3!!!! Very knowledgeable and able to service all. Don't mention museum piece or the little bugger will have it in his collection.

Has a collection of 40+ of various makes & models.

Now aged 8 he don't seem likely to give up the vacuums but have at least got him in to land rovers too. :0)

#9 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 09:33 pm

Do you offer to let him try them out at your house ? :D

Older wans have more suck. :oldgit:

#10 Rallyist

Rallyist

Gettin to be an 'Old Bugger'

• 3,250 posts
  • Location:Usually in a Hospital somewhere in the Birmingham area

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:46 am

DC04 ? That's practically a museum exhibit.

That's modern I am still using a DC01  :good:  :) 

For a challenging summer try the

Round Britain Rally.....  

1993 TDM 850 Mk1 ..... 2008 TDM 900 ....  1975, 1979, 1982, 1992 Goldwings, Scott, AJS,  Triumph 5TA

#11 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 09 June 2020 - 11:00 am

My nephew has been a vacuum enthusiast since the age of 3!!!! Very knowledgeable and able to service all. Don't mention museum piece or the little bugger will have it in his collection.

Has a collection of 40+ of various makes & models.

Now aged 8 he don't seem likely to give up the vacuums but have at least got him in to land rovers too. :0)

One cud say he's a sucker ferret.
[quote name="Studley Ramrod" post="380092" timestamp="1591565585"]Do you offer to let him try them out at your house ? :D

Older wans have more suck. :oldgit:[/quot

Good swipe at 900 riders there lad.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users