1 reply to this topic

#1 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:29 pm

The local non franchise parts shop (they sell Byke bitz... theres a clue..) who wanted to charge me £27 odd for genuine clutch cable & £4.10 each for brake pins

The Yamaha price is £19 odd for the cable and £3.01 for pins

Clutch cable is mark up of £8, now there is mark up and just plain ferking greedy.....

BUT

what scares me most is that as they have been in business for over 20 years people obviously just go and pay the price, and NEVER query it ?!?!?!?

£30 near enough for a clutch cable is just obscene

here endeth the rant ranting.gif
Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#2 David H

David H

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:13 am

And I believe that Yamaha won't sell parts online, you have to use an authorised dealer. dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users