#41 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:02 am

Hi guys,

I got a reply from Hannah and the cost is £70 delivered in the UK as per the mail below.

Ali

Hi Alistair.

Thank you for your email.

Costs for UK Mainland will be:

Part number(s): REN10062B

Description(s): TDM850 Engine Bars in Black

Price: £66.00 (Incl VAT)

Postage: £4.50 Sent Via Interlink – delivery 1/2 working days

Total: £70.50

Kind Regards

Hannah

Renntec 65-69 Azura Close, Three Legged Cross, Dorset, BH21 6SZ, 01202 826722 Find us on Facebook

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#42 RatHawk

RatHawk

enuff posts to fill a 50cc

• 57 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:30 pm

Hello All,  

Thanks EVERYONE on Carpe-TDM for your interest in this Group Buy!!!  Now's your chance to get in on it if you are just now hearing of this!  If anyone's active over on ADV please post up a link there as well...

Here's the final details from Hannah at Renntec in the UK for our group order of Renntec Crash Bars for the TDM850 MKI  (and the MKII, these bars'll fit them also)!  As far as I can tell we are still a few individuals away from the required minimum of 10 buyers.  PLEASE, if you have an early TDM and ever wanted a set of crash bars for it, read through this thread from the start and jump in with the rest of us!  

Hannah's got my money which in US dollars is $169.92 for the part and shipping delivered to me.  Obviously for you the shipping may be less or more depending on where you ride.  I realize this is a bit steep for a bent piece of steel but its loads cheaper than repairing cracked engine cases AND right here is THE ONLY WAY you'll get these discontinued parts!  It looks like a month and a couple weeks before they'll be ready to ship...  That depends on when the tenth person dives in...  

Everyone who's interested please do this right now!:

Email Hannah at: 

info@renntec.co.uk to establish yourself as a group buy member and to cue her to ask for all the info below!

Paste this character string into your email subject: 

Carpe-tdm.net REN10062B: Yamaha TDM850 engine bars

She'll likely reply with the below info as I received this today:

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your enquiry. We can supply the following part for you, price and ordering details as follows:

Part number(s): REN10062B

Description(s): TDM850
Engine Bars in Black

Price: £55.00

Postage: £56.40   (Price is estimated depending on weight, and will be confirmed at time of order.) Sent Via Global Value Parcel Force – delivery 7-10 days (USA)

Total: £111.40

(Prices quoted are in UK pounds)      Quotations are Valid for 30 days.

As this is a Special Batch, we will require to take payment before we put the Engine Bars into production. As soon as we have had the agreed 10 Customers agree for the Engine Bars, this process will begin and from there, they will be roughly 4-5 weeks until shipping. The above shipping cost is not tracked. If you require a tracked service, please advise and I will send you with a quote for Global Priority.

If you wish to place an order please supply all the following credit card & address details:

1.     Name on credit card

2.     Address where statement is sent

3.     Card number (Visa or MasterCard only)

4.     Expiry date

5.     Last 3 figures of security code on signature strip

6.     Bank issuing card

7.     Daytime telephone number (we cannot accept mobile numbers only)

8.     Delivery address if different from that of the statement

Alternatively you can make a bank transfer, please advise if you require details.

Unfortunately, we do not accept PayPal.

I have attached an Image of the Engine Bars and Fitting Instructions.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Hannah

(Please note our products are designed for UK specifications motorcycles only.  It is the individual’s responsibility to check compatibility.)

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty." --- Peter Egan

#43 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:47 pm

So the group buy of crash bars from Renntec for early TDM850 is underway.  We DO NOT have the full ten folks signed up with Hannah at Renntec yet.  If you chimed in here or on ADVrider that you were interested in a set you need to email Hannah at info@renntec.co.uk.  She'll reply with the details of payment and shipping.  We need more folks to make this happen!!!  Protect your classic TDM and look good doing it!

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty." --- Peter Egan

#44 Whorepedo

Whorepedo

arrived on last train

• 2 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:04 pm

Man - I really want to do this but paying more to have them shipped than the pieces cost themselves is a killer for me. Price plus shipping makes it $170 USD. 

Thanks for setting it up - wish I could take part. 

#45 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:37 pm

I can't agree with you more that the shipping on this deal is a hurdle whorepedo...  

All I can do to mitigate this profit taking by the UK shippers is to offer US buyers a re-shipping service from my location in Florida to each of you.  So to all US TDM'ers who're interested, I'll inquire of Hannah what can be done to combine shipping of US buyers' orders to my location and then I can dole them out from here in FL at US shipping rates probably via USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate.  This should reduce the overall cost for each of you by about $25 or possibly more.  If everyone stateside can have some faith in a bulk shipment to me and a reshipment to you alternative working in our favor we can go forth with the orders though it'll delay receipt by a few more days.  That extra few days being so I can re-box and re-ship each individual crashbar once I get them in my hands.  I'll get back to everyone ASAP with the results of my inquiry...

The fudge factor here is that each of you will be into me for that cost of reshipment which turns this into a two transaction deal - one with Renntec and one with me for cost of re-shipment.  Perhaps somewhat cheaper but way more complicated to keep track of not to mention you'll be buying something and shipping it to some guy in FL you never met...  I want these bars real bad I guess since I'm willing to offer this service but it'll require everyone to keep track of two transactions with two 'companies' Renntec and then me...

Being newish to the forum and having had no prior dealings with all y'all I originally thought a clean transaction with Renntec for each buyer would be the lesser risk, one more folks would be willing to take.  Even if its at a moderately higher cost.  The method of finishing that one-on-one transaction is already laid out and available to everyone so PLEASE email Hannah at info@renntec.co.uk with "Carpe-tdm.net REN10062B: Yamaha TDM850 engine bars" in the subject line to move forward with inclusion in this 'group buy'.  If a re-shipment is the only way you can justify making it happen, given there IS a worthwhile savings to be had, PLEASE email Renntec to place your order for your bars shipped to Alan Shepherd in FL (she's got all my info and if you want it I'll send it to you too obviously) and then let me know via email at Alan@Shepherd.com and we can arrange your participation that way. 

This part has been out of production for some time and this method is the only way to get the Renntec bars and support for them.  We only need ten folks worldwide and we ain't there yet!

#46 AliG

AliG

has been here 4ever

• 1,444 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:45 pm

How many are we short by, Alan?

2004 900 - Blue with lots of goodies

2012 900 - Still adding shiny bits. Was black, changed to white and now back to black again.

#47 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:05 pm

According to Hannah earlier this week we still only had a few folks who'd sealed the deal, myself included.  So we are far from the minimum of ten still.

#48 aeldk5g

aeldk5g

arrived on last train

• 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:10 pm

Alan,

First of all a "Big Thanks" for arranging the Renntec Crash Bars purchase.

I had these Renntec bars on my previous 1992 TDM and in February of this year I bought my 1993. I immediately contacted Renntec, but found out they no longer available. I scoured the internet, EU, Australia, US, etc. to find some new old stock, but was unsuccessful.

In my opinion, $170 for the crash bars isn't an outrageous price at all. What are the alternatives? Go to a local metal shop and ask what it would cost to make them with the same quality and finish the Renntec bars have. I'm guessing, but I would wager that they would cost than $170 and not be as nice.

On Tuesday of this week, I sent my contact and credit card information to Hannah, as you did earlier, and I hope we can round up the minimum 10 purchasers to make this transaction take place.

Either way, thanks again Alan!

#49 LDRider

LDRider

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:38 am

I wrote Hannah today, so +1.

2010 BMW R1200GSA 30th Anniv
2006 BMW K1200S set up for touring
1992 TDM850 set up for touring

#50 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:35 pm

Thanks all y'all who've gotten in on this! After watching Marquez pass Lorenzo this weekend I think everyone should have these bars!

#51 Rickystyx

Rickystyx

sticking around

• 37 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:18 am

I'm working in a place without internet access so I've just seen this today - I'll email Hannah too - I'm in!

TDM 850 1993 bought it on Valentines day - must have something to do with why I've fallen for it!

So glad I didn't buy that Pan Euro!

She's tidy, a head turner and a really nice ride but she does suffer from wind noise!

Must be a female!

#52 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:33 pm

How many more are needed?

My dad's just bought a TDM and will need something. If there only £55 plus shipping its worth it. but I don't wanna be waiting ages.

I've just bought myself a Tig welder and am watching a few pipe benders now on ebay. I have a set of these on my own TDM so would be easy enough for me to copy. But I wouldn't want to sell them as I'd be copying Renteks design. 

#53 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:56 pm

Hi LewisBlackburn and everyone else following this one...

I think now the number of *paid* folks is up to six. Maybe seven?  Thought before that we had more ready-to-go Dual Sporters but it been slow getting folks to climb onboard this 'group buy' / coordinated individual coercion / email salvo to Renntec to reman an outdated part for our 3VD's (and MarkII's).

I'm trying to stay up on this with Hannah without bugging the sh1t out of her...  We're close y'all!  Shipping arrangements can be made one on one at time of purchase.  Hannah's 'quote' for a shipped crashbar was based on some shipper she uses in the UK to US customers.  UK to UK shipping will likely be alot less?  Gotta sort that by including your ship to info when you email her your interest at info@renntec.co.uk  with the subject line from the previous posts.  

After riding this weekend on some loose wagon trails across FLA I feel better than ever about the expenditure.  Try finding replacement bodywork?!

Hey Congrats to your Pop LewisBlackburn!   

Thanks to you too RickStyx!

#54 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:49 pm

Four. The number of TDM850 folks Worldwide who are officially in on this group buy so far is only four. Hannah just emailed me the tally. We need ten and we only have four so far... If we can get to seven I will buy the rest myself on speculation for other USA TDMers! Come on people!

#55 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:40 pm

So here's the email exchange from this morning with Renntec for anyone who's still interested in crashbars... I told her I'd speculate on the remainder necessary once we get to seven confirmed orders... One of those seven is already me so I'll wind up with three sets of these TDM850 crashbars for sale after all is said and done cuz the first one anybody ordered is going on the bike!   We still need three more folks to initiate orders with Renntec before manufacturing will commence!

On  22/05/2013 04:59, Alan Shepherd wrote:

Hello Hannah!

Just checking in as the organizer of this group of sorry old bikers who need crashbars... I'm hoping we have six or more paid folks in on this redo of TDM bars.  Can you give me a tally so I can go   rally more troops to keep this request moving? I'll speculate on the rest if we've made it to seven...  You can just bulk ship them all to me {meaning the ones that aren't already spoken for} and I'll resell them on my own... I don't want to let these guys down at this point. How's your week going?
Thanks,
Alan

Her Reply:

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your email.
We still only have the 4 confirmed Orders. 
It's been good thank you, very busy at this time of year! Hope your having a
good week too.

Kind Regards
Hannah

Renntec 65-69 Azura Close, Three
Legged Cross, Dorset, BH21 6SZ, 01202 826722 Find us on Facebook

And another pic of my bike from after last weekend's Cross Florida tour just to keep things visually appealing.  Notice the missing engine guards!!!:

Attached Files

#56 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:44 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May I have your momentary attention please?  Below is today's exchange with Hannah at Renntec.  I believe they may be cutting pipe just for us very shortly. Like tomorrow morning!  Please contact Hannah now, especially if you are in the EU or UK because all the remaining units, if not spoken for, will be coming to the good ole US of 'Murica and I don't think shipping them BACK to you would make ANY sense!   See below:

Hannah,

You have my CC info and I would like you to go ahead with the order.  Please put me down for the remaining ones necessary to initiate manufacturing.  If that’s the previous ‘ten’ you quoted so be

it. I will resell them if no one else joins the group buy soonish.  I’m supposing though that as soon as I let everyone know what we’ve done there will be a few more orders for them coming in.  I think the holdup has been the time required to amass ten individuals through forum posts and the shipping costs quoted from the UK to the US per piece.  We’ll knock one bird down by me speculating on the remaining units needed to start the pipe benders… And hopefully we can minimize shipping somehow along the way.  It is what it is…

So, if orders come in to you between now and #10 please allocate those clients to the remaining spots between the five we have on the books and the minimum needed.  If no one else shows up then just carry on throwing those bars in the box addressed to me and charge me accordingly.  I’ll make it up in volume I guess… That should be it then – we have a minimum order I think?

Thanks,
Alan

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:54 AM
To: alan@shepherd.com
Subject: TDM Engine Bars

Hi Alan,
Just as an update, we have had another customer confirm their order today. We now have 5 in total.
Kind Regards
Hannah

--
Renntec 65-69 Azura Close, Three Legged Cross, Dorset, BH21 6SZ, 01202 826722 Find us on Facebook

#57 starkmojo

starkmojo

• 51 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:38 pm

Sorry I am the latecomer to the party been a hectic month.

#58 LewisBlackburn

LewisBlackburn

has been here 4ever

• 1,748 posts
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:57 pm

Emailed her to start things off this evening. 

Can't say I like emailing my card details, so I might see if I can give her a ring tomorrow and get it paid for that way. 

Good work RatHawk, You deserve a lot of praise for getting this done for the community.

#59 LDRider

LDRider

Carpe junky

• PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:32 am

I just spoke to Hannah and locked in my order.  So, officially, +1.  She said they expected to start production next week, and that they'd be ready in ~ 4 weeks.  Too bad since I will be in Reading in 3 weeks - was going to just snag them and haul home as checked bag.

2010 BMW R1200GSA 30th Anniv
2006 BMW K1200S set up for touring
1992 TDM850 set up for touring

#60 RatHawk

RatHawk

• 57 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:45 pm

I'm making some executive decisions here in the interests of those who are waiting for this group buy to bear fruit...  

1. Tuesday end of business is the Cut-off to have your orders placed with Renntec
  2. If you want one of the ten sets that are part of this order get wit Renntec ASAP.
  3. If more than ten are ordered by Tuesday PM GMT they'll increase the production to cover you.
  4. Beyond Tuesday you'll need to re-organize another ten folks and chat back and forth with Renntec yo-self!

Off and running Boys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users