5 replies to this topic

#1 JMC

JMC

Carpe groupie

• PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • TDM model: 2000

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:48 pm

A friend of mine in the west of Ireland is breaking a 1997 4tx (blue) some of the plastics are cracked and the head gasket is blown on the engine (or so he thinks anyway)
But almost everything else is there but some parts may be a bit rusty lol
If anyone in Ireland wants his phone number please pm me and I'll send it to you, not sure if he will post to the uk but worth a shot if your really stuck for a part
I viewed the bike today but nothing on it for me and it's too far gone to restore so maybe someone might need some parts from it

@Admin I hope this is ok if not please remove I was hoping it would help someone out :good:  

Edited by JMC, 08 January 2017 - 10:51 pm.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Hunter S. Thompson.

#2 drewpy

drewpy

has been here 4ever

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:04 pm

wouldn't mind the TDM tool kit if there's one going.

couple of the black infills and all if not damaged

"As I Lay Rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I skid and begin to slide, please dear god protect my ride"

Mods; Oil pressure switch, neoprene rear inner mudguard, scottoiler, highway pegs,  fenda extenda, 1999 carbs and airbox, Kais suspension setup, later clutch springs, LED lamps, Metmachex swingarm, Hagon Shock, Oxford heated grips, 4 way fused accessory Bus, 17" 3CV front wheel, Michellin R6 tyres, GPS speedo, 5' ignition advance.

#3 martinlisa

martinlisa

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 1997

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:23 am

i think i have one black infill for mk2 in garage will check later

#4 Rockadam666

Rockadam666

arrived on last train

• 7 posts
  • TDM model: 1998

Posted 16 July 2019 - 07:30 am

Long shot, but...

Do you still have the 4TX Carb pair for available?

If so, how much are you looking for them? And would you be willing to post them to the uk?

Kind regards,

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:05 am

Just in case you're not aware, the '98 carbs are different to the '99-'01 carbs so make sure your bike is a genuine '99 before buying.

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:26 am

Just in case you're not aware, the '98 carbs are different to the '99-'01 carbs so make sure your bike is a genuine '99 before buying.

some good advice there Rockadam666

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users