8 replies to this topic

#1 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:32 am

Finally decided to sell my long term project niner.  It's a 2003 with a few modifications as in the pictures:

0z0eFM4.jpg?1

kWyXNiR.jpg?1

Basically a niner with the fairing removed and a set of 850 lights put on.  There are metal side panels under the tank to make the frame appear to run under the tank better and IMO finish the look much better than bare exposed frame that looks unfinished. The screen is from a Tiger 800 (cut down) and gives a small amount of protection from elements, but mainly protects the clocks from water etc.  A pair of 20W LED DRL's on the engine bars, hand guards, and now also has a set of Oxford heated grips on.

The bike has just been fitted with brand new PR4's all round, but I will supply the knobblies including a 17" front wheel (this is the original 18" wheel that I've gone back to).

pIq2HJ7.jpg?1

When I got the bike I replaced the injectors and throttle bodies (also benefit of clean working fast idle mechanism).

Also has a new battery just fitted, and a power commander 3 - the bike runs on pod filters as the air box has been removed to fit all the ECU and coils under the tank which also keeps them out of the weather.

The rear suspension and shock were replaced last year.  Has a great induction sound due to the pod filters and fueling has been tested with an AFR gauge to ensure the power commander map is working well - pulls great from low down, better than a stock bike.

I checked the valve clearances when I got the bike and all were within spec, although a few exhaust clearances were near the limit - I've not done a huge mileage since owning it so these will still be ok, but if doing a winter service at some point in the future, probably worth giving them a check again.

The styling may not be to everyone's taste of course but there's a good solid bike underneath with a lot of work done mechanically.

Mileage is around 83k, it sounds a lot but as we know, these bikes are good for much longer than that and with the suspension, tyres and battery all being changed recently it's not in bad shape for a good while longer.  The only point I'd raise is the clutch is at the end of it's adjustment at the engine end of the cable - loads of adjustment still at the lever, but worth mentioning.  Also has the classic TDM clutch 'squeak' if you pull away hard, just one of those things and at it's last clutch change I couldn't see anything wrong.

Looking around 1500 o.n.o and as mentioned will throw in the 17" wheel with both the knobbly tyres for that.  MOT'ed till end of June, but I'll get a new full MOT for the sale.

Based in Epping, Essex, PM me if interested :)

Will be going on eBay once MOT'ed.

#2 dablik

dablik

Master Intermediate Fettlin' Award 2018

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,735 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:44 am

GLWS Nog :good:

Bigred mk1 R1 Calipers- Braided lines- Givi wing rack-Crash bungs- Hi vis bullets-PR2's- and a hoot to ride.

Quad 900 Silver Laser duo tech pipes-Scott oiler-Engine crash bars- Radiator mounted see me ring LED's-Datatool system 3 alarm -Centre stand- Extender fender-Renthal bars-Handle bar risers-Mirror extenders-BMW GS Handgaurds-Acumen uprated horn & Nautilus-Stainless steel Radiator guard-Givi wing rack-OEM screen-Yammy touring screen-MRA Vario-MRA Double bubble cut down for fast as fk riding-Tiger screen-Tank protector-Stomp grip panels-Optimate lead   Gone to Heaven  :sorry: 

1991 MK1 in need of some TLC watch this space   :) Sorted and on the Road Mick  :P  :P it's the bike that Jack built  ;) Gone to Heaven  :wub: 

#3 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:26 pm

woah. is the kwak taking over or are you planning on the FJ being its replacement?

#4 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:04 am

woah. is the kwak taking over or are you planning on the FJ being its replacement?

Not quite.  Been toying with the idea for a while, it's not been an easy decision to be honest, I wouldn't have bought the new tyres if I'd decided earlier this year, so it's a fairly recent decision, but I got her fully sorted and now the project has gone as far as I'll take it.  Really pleased with it though, rides nice and pulls great still even with 80k miles on.

In the background I've been thinking of getting a newer bike, and something came up which I jumped at (pick up this weekend hopefully).

With the Kwak needing some final fettling, the FJ needing re-building and a shiny bike on the way, I don't have time for much more and thought something had to go and regretfully decided the TDM's had it's time with me and time to move it on for someone to either just enjoy for what it is or maybe carry the project on further :)

The FJ will get rebuilt and enjoyed for a while and possibly moved on, which will leave me with a new(ish) bike and the Kwak as my "classic" bike.  Then I can get the odd restoration project in the background to keep me busy :)

Will update the blog on CMC once the new bike is sorted and this is sold.

#5 Studley Ramrod

Studley Ramrod

Monkey Boys Monkey

• Root Admin(A)
  • 19,202 posts
  • TDM model: 1993

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:25 am

I enjoyed reading yer posts over on CMC when you were making the changes, shame to move it on really.  Anyhoos, GLWS Nog. :good:

Mk2a 2000 in Silver. Top end Refurb @ 41100 miles, Scottoiler, Renthal Road High Bars, Up & Back Bar Risers, Bellypan, DL650 Handguards, Capt. Picard Bar Ends, House of Henty SS Wheel spacers, New Seat Cover Fitted. 58 MPG !!  Now owned by chrisbee !   Studley's mk2a Bloggerydoodaah !  Photos of my first MK1  Photos of my MK2a  TPLQHCSRSFC No. 1 Fan

#6 Coxylaad

Coxylaad

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 02 May 2019 - 09:49 am

ooh what you bought?

#7 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 10:05 am

ooh what you bought?

Tracer 900 - will post more details once I've picked her up ;)

It's a bike I was going to go for last year but things didn't work out, but thought I'd go for it this year. Should be good for the trip up to the TT.

#8 Nog

Nog

Knight of Postsalot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:22 am

Bike is now sold  :)

#9 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 03 May 2019 - 09:48 am

Tracer 900 - will post more details once I've picked her up ;)

It's a bike I was going to go for last year but things didn't work out, but thought I'd go for it this year. Should be good for the trip up to the TT.

Might see ya at the TT Nog. Watch our fer me and No.7.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users