1. BMW handguards
  2. Givi Wing rack (*)
  3. Givi Top rack (*)
  4. front suspension protectors
  5. front suspension revised last year
  6. dumoulin/bottelin engine bars
  7. Lazer ProStock RACING exhaust
  8. Devil Downpipes
  9. top half of the engine has been revised last summer.
  10. no oil consumption, kicks arse!
  11. BAD THING : front sprocket is welded onto the drive axle becoz the thread is gone due to ferking, cheapskate mechanic not replacing the €11 locknutholderwasherthingy
Im keeping the Ohlins, the belly pan and the hardcases.
(*)If there is JUST givi mounting kit for the 2001 model, Im also keeping the racks.

Edited by Guinness, 29 March 2006 - 04:21 pm.

I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#2 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,104 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 28 March 2006 - 08:53 pm

In my best Flemish.....NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Trade it in????????

DON'T scrap it G ffs!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

dapleb
"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#3 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:11 am

trade it in as the Rotund fella says, thats a good bike. you can get a fitting kit fer the 2001 model as its the same as any 1996 on TDM850, i have the part number if ya need it.

personally i'd break the news gently to Edith and come out of the closet and buy a 900>>>>>>>>>no oil consumption probs then matey, an alright looking bike too.

wick

G send us a pic of them enjun bars if ya do break yer MKI as i'd be interested.

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#4 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:15 am

Sigh.... Hard to part with a dear friend isn't it?
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#5 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:20 am

G, I may have spare fitting bits for the mkII (the only diff from mkii is the arms and the small brackets). Don't forget to also remove the cross bar that runs accross by the tool kit compartment.

Wicky those engine bars wouldnt fit yer mkII, trust me. B)

Cheers
dapleb

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#6 wicklamulla

wicklamulla

is it Jizzy Rascal time yet.....?

• 12,211 posts
  • Location:Parish of Cruwys (pronounced 'Cruise' just loike Tom) Morchard, Mid Devon.
  • TDM model: 1999

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:36 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Wed 29th Mar 2006, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
G, I may have spare fitting bits for the mkII (the only diff from mkii is the arms and the small brackets). Don't forget to also remove the cross bar that runs accross by the tool kit compartment.

Wicky those engine bars wouldnt fit yer mkII, trust me. B)

Cheers
dapleb

pants on fire................ tongue.gif

spyball alarm/immob, bluespot brake calipers and Stainless hoses, Fournales air adjustable shock with Remote Resevoir, forks raised 10mm thru yokes, racetech linear fork springs in 15 wt oil, Kappa wingrack/luggage, heated grips, Kedo handguards, dual heat controller to power heated jacket liner and or pants!!, Stebel 136DB horn, K&N air filter, colour matched Baglux tank cover (magnetic tank bag modified to fit cover), osram +50% headloight bulbs, headlight protector,"NitramSpecial" parking loight, tail light indicators all running on LED's & incorporate "Lite Buddies", MK7 Scottoiler fitted, taller screen, 2-2 stainless steel CCC's, Devil stainless down pipes. MKI Renntec engine crash bars & sump guard.
engine changed july 2007 on a dyno run it made 79.1BHP / Torque 59.9Had a brief flirtation with a 1999 MKIIa but it blew an exaust valve on the M5 so was sold on to be repaired.

I loike tay and hang sangwiches !

www.kenhogantreeservices.co.uk

http://s33.photobuck...77/wickla/?sc=6

http://reg.imageshack.us/v_images.php

post-1-1150550733.gifpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#7 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 29 March 2006 - 04:21 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Tue 28th Mar 2006, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sigh.... Hard to part with a dear friend isn't it?

true ... but i've come to that decision and its going: in one piece or in bits.
now that i've come to that decision "hanging on to it" has cost me enuff money already : engine and suspension revision, new regulator, batteries

postage/delivery is gonna be the killer.

"trading it in", they'll have a good laff about the welded sprocket. I'ld be better off trying to sell it myself.
but
in belgium we are obliged by law to divulge any HIDDEN flaws.
So a big crack in the fairing you can "forget to mention" coz the buyer should have spotted that himself,
but not something like a welded sprocket -which is hidden behind the cover- .
I would have to reemburse them...

oh, forgot to say : front suspension has been revised also... [edited accordingly]

Edited by Guinness, 29 March 2006 - 04:25 pm.

I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

get them here

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:49 pm

Take it to the dealer and tell them. All they could say is no....anything is better than scrapping....you will just be left with parts ya can't sell...much better to sell the ENTIRE bike as a going concern!

Anyone know how easy it is to re-register a bike in a different country? sad.gif

Cheers
dapleb

#9 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:52 pm

QUOTE(dapleb @ Wed 29th Mar 2006, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-//- you will just be left with parts ya can't sell... -//-

sort yerself a van and come collect those parts, i'll throw in some cakes and we'll swing by that pub with 600 beers and try that Kasteelbier again wink.gif

get them here

#10 rossman

rossman

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:05 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Wed 29th Mar 2006, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sort yerself a van and come collect those parts, i'll throw in some cakes and we'll swing by that pub with 600 beers and try that Kasteelbier again wink.gif

hello,im rossman .im a new member .i have a 91 tdm and would be interested in those engine bars .

#11 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:27 pm

it seems a line is forming for those engine bars.
if truly they dont fit the MK2, then they'll be heading ireland-way

if not breaking it, i'll be taking of the "good bits" anyway
such as engine bars, handprotectors, front suspension protectors, belly pan, ohlins rear suspension
complete givi rack, them brandnew frame plugs, LED parking light, cycle computer, ...
and try them on my next TDM first before selling.

Edited by Guinness, 29 March 2006 - 06:33 pm.

get them here

#12 rossman

rossman

arrived on last train

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:35 pm

QUOTE(Guinness @ Wed 29th Mar 2006, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it seems a line is forming for those engine bars.
if truly they dont fit the MK2, then they'll be heading ireland-way

thank you.i will keep in touch .p.s.do you know where i could get a centre stand? im using a paddock stand at the moment but i dont like it much.

#13 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:53 pm

sorry
im closing this one till i know what bike im getting
and what is gonna happen

keep in mind im in Belgium and shipping is gonna be a big cost!

get them here

#14 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,104 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:29 pm

I've got a better idea....ride it over here...and I'll fit you a gearbox for free.

Or I'll ride the mkII over, we'll swap number plates and I'll ride the mkI back (that way I don't miss out on the 600 beers).

Cheers
dapleb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users