dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,114 posts
  • TDM model: 1990

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:14 am

1997 TDM850 37.5k miles

This is my red / black 1997 (mkII) TDM 850 which I have owned since 2001.

It has been used for touring and has always been meticulously maintained prior/post all trips.

Good Bits

Aftermarket handlebars fitted with adjustable hand position.

Bodywork generally in very good condition.

Brand new Metzler Z6 Roadtec Front tyre, rear is same tyre type with plenty of life.

Brand new IRIS Gold ‘O’ ring chain.

Brand new Techcorps high carbon content steel sprockets.

Brand new oil and filter.

Brake fluid front and rear flushed through and replaced.

High Quality Nissin carbon/metallic brake pads fitted (about 2.5k miles done on fronts and about 500miles on rear).

Exhaust removed (no seized exhaust studs/nuts) and repainted with high temp paint.

Sprocket carrier bearing and cush drive rubbers replaced within last 2.5k miles.

Scottoiler fitted.

MOT tested till mid March 2007

Taxed until September 2006.

Never dropped, crashed, or written off, and no credit outstanding.

I also have 2-1-2 'RACE' (not road legal) exhaust: Kedo/Devil Stainless downpipes connecting to stainless carbon can company 'Y' and end cans (can be made road legal by CCC for approx £40per can). This exhaust is NOT INCLUDED in the price but may be available by negotiation (otherwise Stu has first dibs).

Bad Bits:

There is a small dent in the top of the tank (see picture).

The paint is flaking from the Alternator cover on LHS of engine (see picture).

The speedo has mph overlay (as it’s a Dutch import).

There are minor blemishes to the paint on the rear plastics from strapping luggage down. I will gladly point them out to you if you view the bike (they are too small to show in a photo).

Pics are still available through ebay link: http://cgi.ebay.co.u.....AMESE:IT&rd=1

Edited by dapleb, 06 May 2006 - 12:10 pm.

"Whats up", "Piston Broke", "Yeah me too...hic"

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#2 tdm850rider

tdm850rider

Carpe Citizen

• 6,103 posts
  • TDM model: 1992

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:53 am

It's a beauty Dap, the dent/blemishes are minor... too bad there is a lil something called the Atlantic Ocean between us. mad.gif
Posted Image

Always tell the truth, it will gratify some of the people and astonish the rest. (Mark Twain)
£

Stebel Nautilus air-horn, Corbin seat, MRA Touring screen, single Delkevic silencer.
"I see by your outfit that you are a spaceman"(MkI (3VD) TDM Review)
Hints for using Carpe-TDM. (photo's, links, etc).

#3 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:16 pm

QUOTE(tdm850rider @ Wed 29th Mar 2006, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a beauty Dap, the dent/blemishes are minor... too bad there is a lil something called the Atlantic Ocean between us. mad.gif

Yep it's a nice one Thomas........I've seen it a few times and followed the Dappers at last year's Scottish gathering.............not a whiff of oil smoke entered my delicate nostrils (eh wicky wink.gif )

It's also been maintained by a famously fastidious bastard biggrin.gif

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Wed 29th Mar 2006, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep it's a nice one Thomas........I've seen it a few times and followed the Dappers at last year's Scottish gathering.............not a whiff of oil smoke entered my delicate nostrils (eh wicky wink.gif )

PS...just noticed the additional info on my avatar..............how did Carpe know I'd visited an IVF clinic huh.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#4 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 02:29 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Wed 29th Mar 2006, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has Wicky been sniffin yer poipe again? Sadly mine is one of those that will use oil on long blasts (motorway etc).

"Just put a jubilee rooond it laddie", "one more flat.....one more flat laddie". lol

PS...just noticed the additional info on my avatar..............how did Carpe know I'd visited an IVF clinic huh.gif

Hrumppph.

If you want to mark your location on the Carpe map: http://www.carpe-tdm...opic.php?t=5117

Doin valve clearances? Use dappers valve shim exchange program and the job will be carroty - Free (other than you postin me yer shims) for sporting members.

Active member of TPLQHCSRSFC and TSRMCMAS (even though a year off) and avid fan of PM not sent.

#5 happyollyg2

happyollyg2

discovering Carpe

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • TDM model: none yet

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:39 pm

is the bike still for sale?
what was the reserve when you had it up on ebay please?
taaaaaaa very much

#6 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:47 pm

Yup still for sale.

The ebay reserve was £1575.

Cheers
dapleb

#7 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:23 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Fri 31st Mar 2006, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup still for sale.

The ebay reserve was £1575.

Cheers
dapleb

There's a guy down the road from me who's just flogged his Divvie PK and looking at TDMs.
Would you be willing to meet him half way up the M6???

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#8 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:58 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Fri 31st Mar 2006, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's a guy down the road from me who's just flogged his Divvie PK and looking at TDMs.

unsure.gif possibly.

#9 happyollyg2

happyollyg2

discovering Carpe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:42 am

I've been having a think.
Your bike wasn't quite the low miles/cosmetically challenged machine I was after.
Nor does it have the panniers , heated grips etc I'd love to have

But .......if the price is right and we can arrange the handover ( I live in SW london) then I'll take it.
erm.............what next........?

#10 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 10:35 am

The bike is kept in North Devon, if you can come and view it there that would be ideal. ....however I realise thats a lonnng distance from Londinium.

If you were happy with the price of £1575, I could meet you in the Oxford/Swindon area and catch a train back. It would have to be at that price though as I would have additional costs getting there and catching a train back....in leathers..with helmet lol.

PM me if ya want to sort ooot the details.

Cheers
dapleb

#11 Guinness

Guinness

has been here 4ever

• 1,657 posts
  • TDM model: 2005

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:20 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Fri 31st Mar 2006, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-//- It would have to be at that price though as I would have additional costs getting there and catching a train back....in leathers..with helmet lol.
-//-
'i'm sure someone will be offering you and yer helmet a lift, in leathers... lol
no boots after-pics pls! huh.gif
I'm an insomniac agnostic dyslexic. I lay awake at night and wonder if there really is a dog.

yamaha : xv535/92-92 | red TDM850/92-05 | silver TDM900A/05-

get them here

#12 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:48 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Fri 31st Mar 2006, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would you be willing to meet him half way up the M6, is that some sort of 900 metaphor. rolleyes.gif

Edited by bondy, 31 March 2006 - 06:48 pm.

#13 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:02 pm

QUOTE(bondy @ Fri 31st Mar 2006, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you be willing to meet him half way up the M6, is that some sort of 900 metaphor. rolleyes.gif

LOL rotflmmfao.gif rotflmmfao.gif

brilliant.

#14 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:26 am

QUOTE(bondy @ Fri 31st Mar 2006, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No ................that would be more "willing to meet him half way up his M8"............. tongue.gif

#15 bondy

bondy

850 going for 900

• 852 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 01 April 2006 - 08:46 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Sat 1st Apr 2006, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No ................that would be more "willing to meet him half way up his M8"............. tongue.gif

rotflmmfao.gif

#16 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:56 pm

No word from happyolly and I've gone off the idea of 'going up the M6' ....so BIKE STILL FOR SALE.

Cheers
dapleb

#17 Guest_Emmett_*

Guest_Emmett_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:33 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Sun 2nd Apr 2006, 11:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No word from happyolly and I've gone off the idea of 'going up the M6' ....so BIKE STILL FOR SALE.

Cheers
dapleb

I wouldn't go "up the M6" with a friend of AEs either unsure.gif

#18 happyollyg2

happyollyg2

discovering Carpe

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:35 pm

I am still interested but still looking around.
TDMs are new to me and I know that if I know what I know now about ZX6rs then I would have bought differently so I want to be sure about TDMs before I sort something out.
I must admit I really I'm keen on finding something with a few scratches/bit of salt corrosion that is low miles and mechnically perfect.
That way I won't depreciate too much by living outside/sitting in london parking bays but similarly won't want for a bearing or brake discs or whatever.
at 1575 we're not near the "I can't afford not to buy it" level and you turned down 1375 I think on ebay so I guess we're not going to get there smile.gif

#19 dapleb

dapleb

Monkey Boy

• Root Admin(A)
  • 18,114 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:01 pm

okey dokey. If you are stil interested and want to haggle, then you are more than welcome to come and view the bike and do yer best...or make an offer. I will also be at the Stoneleigh show...in a few weeks? and might be on the mkII, so is poss you could view there if ya goin.

I also have a mkI which has been rebuilt from frame up...mechanically not aesthetically. The engine has been rebuilt from crank up about 6k miles ago...has the cracked panels you so desire, Givi wingrack but I didn't plan on selling that and would take some prising from my chubby fingers!

Boop
dapleb

#20 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• 5,324 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:07 am

QUOTE(dapleb @ Tue 4th Apr 2006, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
okey dokey. If you are stil interested and want to haggle, then you are more than welcome to come and view the bike and do yer best...or make an offer. I will also be at the Stoneleigh show...in a few weeks? and might be on the mkII, so is poss you could view there if ya goin.

I also have a mkI which has been rebuilt from frame up...mechanically not aesthetically. The engine has been rebuilt from crank up about 6k miles ago...has the cracked panels you so desire, Givi wingrack but I didn't plan on selling that and would take some prising from my chubby fingers!

Boop
dapleb

.........and thats a nice bike - I rode it around part of the Verdon Gorge in France last year...........felt at home on it in no time smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users