#261 dandywarhol

dandywarhol

Carpe Citizen

• Supporting Member(thanks)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,324 posts
  • TDM model: 2003

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:48 pm

Looks like a wet day for the Skerries - imagine it - 30 bikes, 20 ft wide ribbon of soaking tarmac and 190 BHP blink.gif

1967 Yamaha TD1C 250, 2014 Kawasaki W800, 2011 Aprilia Tuono 1000 V4, 2020 Yamaha XSR900

"At the cutting edge of technophobia" Scotland_180-animated-flag-gifs.gif mccoy.gif

#262 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK
  • TDM model: no more

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:49 pm

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Tue 1st Jul 2008, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like a wet day for the Skerries - imagine it - 30 bikes, 20 ft wide ribbon of soaking tarmac and 190 BHP blink.gif

Camera's at the ready laugh.gif

hope you have a good pitch in mind good.gif

weather for the skerries http://uk.weather.co...Dublin-EIXX0014 bit on the heavy rain side dry.gif

Edited by Hartside Man, 01 July 2008 - 09:52 pm.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#263 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:32 pm

More wet gear. Not great for tents

Edited by Paddy900, 01 July 2008 - 10:42 pm.

#264 Guest_Paddy900_*

Guest_Paddy900_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 10:38 pm

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Tue 1st Jul 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do i remember someone mentioning a visit to the giants causway ?if so i am planning a trip up there on the way home. leaving c greg on the morn of the 11th then hopefully travelling a very scenic route to donegal area, stay the night in a b&b then onto the causway (again via a scenic route then off for the ferry at belfast.

You might need to check for road closures. The 12th is the main marching day in the North. There could be some diversions in place. Especially Belfast.

#265 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:23 am

QUOTE(Hartside Man @ Tue 1st Jul 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do i remember someone mentioning a visit to the giants causway ?if so i am planning a trip up there on the way home. leaving c greg on the morn of the 11th then hopefully travelling a very scenic route to donegal area, stay the night in a b&b then onto the causway (again via a scenic route then off for the ferry at belfast.

If you're heading up that way pay a visit to the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge as well, think it's only half an hour or so round from the causway

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#266 stu

stu

full o shoite

• 2,060 posts
  • TDM model: 2002

Posted 02 July 2008 - 09:30 am

QUOTE(dandywarhol @ Tue 1st Jul 2008, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

apart from the HP that sounds like a good RTT laugh.gif

Stu

#267 ChrisG

ChrisG

Resident vulture

• 8,276 posts
  • TDM model: 2009

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:55 pm

For those planning to buy some Euros before going, I've just checked the exchange rates and it works out that if I withdraw £100 worth or more the better rate that Visa give offsets the 3.75% I get charged for using an overseas cash point and the rate is pretty much identical to what I can get in the post office. Really should have got round to opening a Nationwide account though as they don't charge a handling fee so you only pay thr 1.5% fee to Visa and get a far better exchange rate than you can get anywhere else.

1992 Mk1, 76k miles, Hagon springs, MTC exhaust, 4½ gears Gone now :(
2009 900 abs, 42k miles, Yamaha heated grips, double bubble screen, R&G crash bungs, scottoiler, Autocom, 1500 lumen LED spotlights.

post-1-1152402501.jpgpost-1-1150550726.gifpost-1-1150559830.gif

#268 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts
  • TDM model: 2007

Posted 02 July 2008 - 04:39 pm

Well Im getting £100 of Euros Friday and I am sitting in the corner of the bar and sipping water with crisps munching_out.gif , should last me all week

#269 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:28 pm

And. Just reviewed the Irl weather for this weekend, It's gonna be bad. unsure.gif
Unsual Low depression coming from the south west bringing 40mm of rain during the course of the weekend.

I think the Buffalo jacket is now out and along comes the longer heavier touring coat mellow.gif

#270 Geordie Guy

Geordie Guy

Carpe Citizen

• 3,502 posts
  • TDM model: 2010

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:49 pm

Wet on the outside and Wet on the inside......

I'm taking a Brolley and plenty on money...

Bring it on.....

Cheers, Ivan
I'm a TDM SNOB !!!!     "Adventure before Dementia"  

Kawasaki GT550, XJ900 Diversion, 2002 TDM 900 , 2008 TDM 900a, 2010 TDM 900a.

#271 Hartside Man

Hartside Man

Old Moaning Git !!

• RTT manager(RTT)
  • 3,247 posts
  • Location:On Hartside more often than not ! But Live in Carlisle UK

Posted 03 July 2008 - 10:10 pm

well just been getting some gadgets ready for the Tour and realised i have never had the atc 2k vid mounted on the blandit.

30 mins at work and some lateral thinking and i now have a mount rolleyes.gif

untested though so we will just have to see if it works, if you notice an ungainly piece of pipe welded quickly to a rusty collar bolted on the side of me fairing don't laugh laugh.gif

now i just need to remember to switch it on occasionally unsure.gif

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a Ghost S and i'm not afraid to use it !

A Beast in Orange Called KaTie eM 

"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul".

"So you just ride somewhere, eat cake and then ride back".

"Normal people believe that if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet."

" I We're Ridin so Fast , I we're sucking Rabbits from the Hedges "   {Guy Martin}

#272 jht

jht

has been here 4ever

• 1,769 posts
  • TDM model: 1996

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:22 pm

Looks like Cinders will make it to the ball next week huh.gif

Martin get yer cleaning rags ready rolleyes.gif

All sing along now..

hello Tone got a new motor, hello Tone got a new motor, hello Tone got a new motor

Easy with that throttle, easy with that throttle

hello Tone got a new motor, hello Tone got a new motor, hello Tone got a new motor

rotflmmfao.gif

Done: Homo sap navigation/ twisty thing on bars to make it go vroom/ grabby thing to make it stop (in front of twisty thing)/ 'leccy things front and rear to make it glow at night/ Sucky + drippy oiler thing to keep chains moist (!!) / Laser Pro Stock Race pipes / bleeding ear drums (see previous mod)
To do: Educate homo sap nav system to operate twisty + grabby things/ get ear plugs

All Trashed Now... Pants... its a Cat B Mwahahaha it lives again!!

Remember every driver is a deaf myoptic twat who is out to kill you, ALWAYS assume they are going to do THE most f*cking DUMBASS, STUPID manouver possible, at the worst possible moment; get past, and get past quick

#273 TonyDevil

TonyDevil

seagull squadron leader & founding member of GoatTracKrew

• 9,336 posts
  • TDM model: 1991

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:39 pm

now that is a nice engine.....

been going from 2k to 5k and back again all the way home, picks up lovely wink.gif

"Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
My TDM :
Black 1991 850 MK1, 160k+ miles(ish, best guess really, gave up trying to keep count after 3rd set of clocks and 3rd engine), PilotRoad2 tyres, custom stubby exhaust system, bluespot calipers & goodridge braided hoses with dunlopads, maxton forks, Ohlins shock, kedo handguards, stainless TDM grill, Scottoiler with lubetube & dual nozzle thingy, Givi Wingrack2 with E45 & 2xE36s, renntec crash bars, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider2, Optimate IIIsp, Bagster tank cover, anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led spotlights, heated grips, new braided lines and rear caliper that actually has bleed nipples
Silver-ish 2003 900, 70k miles, PilotRoad3 front tyre (new@65k) & PR2 rear(new at 69k), Renthal 755 bars with KTM handguards, oxford unheated grips, power commander 3usb, scorpion titanium exhausts, standard screen with vario winglet thingy, stainless grill, oem centre stand, bagster tank cover, givi monokey topplate mounted on grabrail with V46 topbox, Givi PL pannier rails with E21s, crash bungs, mirror extender thingys, Halfords Advanced Laser Blue brillance bulbs, 21w led spotlights, touring scottoiler with leehenty dual nozzle, Autocom with blueteeth & PMR radio, TomTom Rider3 Urban, winter style anti-dazzle coating
to fit : led brake light strip, replacement heated grips

current rides : TDM850 3vd/mk1=tourer&scratcher, TRX850=weekend twisty toy, 2003 TDM900=commuter, 2005 
TDM900=unmolested.  Gone but not forgotton : XTZ750=overland touring toy, GS500e, GS125
If a strange looking truck driver honks at you & gives you the thumbs up, its could be me  :good:

#274 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts
  • TDM model: 2006

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:46 am

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Wed 2nd Jul 2008, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And. ...................along comes the longer heavier touring coat

Uh-oh unsure.gif

Dinotrike.jpg "It's a TDM, Jim, but not as we know it"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAHmEWim3to

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#275 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:10 am

Yesterday I thought I was going to be Billy-no-mates for a while, travelling by myself.

At work, worrying, like awaiting your first baby unsure.gif

Hoorah for the Engine re-builders, Hoorah!!

#276 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 06:26 am

QUOTE(Geordie Guy @ Wed 2nd Jul 2008, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wet on the outside.........

I'm more bothered about the gales forecast for Fri/Sat - a) for the ferry crossing and b) the scoot's a b****r in wind. wacko.gif Marginally glad to be travelling from Holyhead and not Fishguard, though.

Edited by Pict, 04 July 2008 - 06:30 am.

Diamond black TDM 900A TRIKE, 2006 ABS model converted by Trike Design (Caerphilly, South Wales) prior to first registration in March 2007.

#277 catsbum

catsbum

Sponsored by AutoGlym

• 7,057 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:05 am

I once got a free breakfast on the ferry coming out of Fishguard. Waited for hours in dock and then the Capt announced we were going for it. puke.gif

I went up for food and the waiter told me it was free. I was the only person in there. Kept it down too. munching_out.gif

Love rough seas.

sub note: got my 900 mirrors for my XTZ this morning. Just in time, I'll be able to see behind me now!

#278 Matlock

Matlock

Carpe Citizen

• 3,913 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:03 am

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Fri 4th Jul 2008, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love rough seas.

As long as the bikes are strapped down securely ohmy.gif

2002 TDM900 in glorious yellowNOW SOLD  :( 

2012 Honda Crosstourer VFR1200X. Hyperspeed tourer.

1990 XTZ750 in black, standard apart from Micron silencer. Mechanical restoration complete, cosmetic restoration next on the agenda.. NOW SOLD  :( 

Follow me on twitter

#279 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:56 am

QUOTE(CatsBum @ Fri 4th Jul 2008, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love rough seas.

Standing on the shore, I'd agree.

#280 Pict

Pict

Keep on keepin' on

• 6,257 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 12:01 pm

QUOTE(Matlock @ Fri 4th Jul 2008, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As long as the bikes are strapped down securely

Must remember handbrake angel.gif (Provided I haven't burned it out on that 0-60 run off the M6 hard shoulder and ahead of the Bulgarian truck unsure.gif Wondered why the b****r was still gaining on me rolleyes.gif Interesting effect, knocking it off while on the move! )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users